Tranmere Post Match Thread

Not exactly queueing up again to talk about the match.

By all accounts not the best performance but hey ho, you win some you lose some. Thats football.

Didn't test there keeper once. First half very poor, second was better but not good enough. Morais not fit and blowing out his back side all second half. Mvoto looked dodgy again and mellow looked shaky defensively all game, Adeyemi was invisible and kuqi frustrated all game. Positive was fur mans back

Got caught out down the left for the goal when Taylor had to close down their man with the ball it left a gaping hole behind him for another Tranny player to run into to latch onto the ball & cross for the goal.Not sure if it was Mellor's fault but no-one went to close down the player who crossed the ball into the middle.

We just didn't turn up today. They weren't particularly brilliant, at all, but they were set out well and closed us down constantly, hence why we were having to resort to hoofing it more often than not. Morais, for me, is simply not consistent enough to start. We missed Reid's workrate up front as I thought.

Meh, we're inconsistent, and will probably remain inconsistent all season. I wouldn't be too worried.

Cisak - good game, couldn't do anything about the deflected goal

Lee - a bit suspect defensively but one of the few who seemed to want it towards the end

Mellor - poor defensively, a few good crosses, passes & bits of skill. could have done with more help from Taylor

Clarke & M'Voto - both solid

Wesolowski - typical Wesolowski performance

Adeyemi - Furman starts next game

Taylor - great on Monday, :censored: today

Simpson - did ok but didn't do much

Kuqi - frustrated & frustrating. Shame his screamer didn't go in.

Morais - his best game so far for me. No end product though

Smith - no real impact

Furman - seemed over eager. Didn't really do much other than wave his arms about a lot

Two poor sides. A draw would have been the right result, a 0-0 draw that is had they not got the deflection.

Edited by HarryBosch

Morais should have gone off instead of Simpson. Thought Goodison was excellent at the back for them.

Yeah i thought that, on both counts. Not Morais' best game (again). For a team that's won its last 2 games i thought we looked strangely unconfident today. We gave Tranmere too much space, when we had the ball we didn't seem too sure what to do with it.

Trying to take some positives....Cisak had a decent game, was unlucky with the deflection for the goal. thought we played far better once Furman came on. Er.....no trouble from Tranmere's 'firm', for a change.

BTW surely you know who Ian Muir is, you can't be stupid enough to confuse him with Moore Jr...or can you?

Ah come on, it was easily done. people were singing it before HT as well, to be fair. :petesake:

You were :censored:

:lol:

Cheers for that.

I actually quite like your lot. The Tranmere fans in the Mersey Clipper pre-match were ace - both sets of fans exchanging banter and empathising about the state of our clubs and football in general and getting on well. Thought your fans created the best of the atmosphere. Really top people - can't imagine any of the Tranmere fans I talked to today coming on this board for the sake of a bit of attention, but hey ho....

We were dire today. We played to Tranmere's strengths by hoofing it from the off. We had nothing in midfield until Furman came on. I hate to say it, but at the moment I feel Monday was just a show for the cameras, especially from Adeyemi.

Didn't think Taylor and Morais had good games. To some debate, we know Taylor's got talent and in the years of service he's given to the club has shown enough talent to justify his place in the team. Morais, as many have said before, is too much of luxury. He lost the ball more than any other Latics player today, and he's supposed to be one of our most creative talents.

Thought we looked good defensively, but I would say Clarke is just a hoofer. Our two full backs were our best players.

Today was another day where we didn't look like scoring at all. Kuqi was just getting frustrated and ended up shooting from anywhere for the sake of it, due to the lack of productivity around him. Smith is good at the flick-ons but there has to be someone to run on to them, otherwise there's no point in him being on the pitch.

Not a good day at the office...

Edited by JoeP

Yeah, most of the Tranmere fans I met were really friendly. To be honest i've never really felt any animosity to them, it's only the Moore's that made it in any way a nasty rivalry. Although i'd just like to point out that if you have nearly 50 posts on an opposition messageboard purely to antagonise, it's probably time to reassess your life...

By the way, despite his defensive frailties (which Tranmere specifically targeted yesterday), Mellor really does look one hell of a prospect.

I could see him keeping Taylor out of the side at some point in the not too distant future.

I would be tempted to play Taylor at left back and Mellor at left wing where he would would pose much more of a threat. Taylor is so so predictable where as Mellor is a bit of an unknown quantity and could be the one to give us that spark up front!!

Morais ( one of the best players in the league!!! ) .... don't make me laugh, we get one good game in 6 and that's why he's here. Cisak, Clarke and Lee give you a performance each and every week but the rest....meh!!!!

The current team is no better than we've had in the past few seasons and a season outside the relegation places is really all we can hope for.....it is just as frustrating as it's ever been watching this team and it sounds like Dickov is beginning to agree....he keeps telling the players what to do but they don't listen............I think that's bollocks and the real reason is they're not good enough!!!!

Yeah, most of the Tranmere fans I met were really friendly. To be honest i've never really felt any animosity to them, it's only the Moore's that made it in any way a nasty rivalry. Although i'd just like to point out that if you have nearly 50 posts on an opposition messageboard purely to antagonise, it's probably time to reassess your life...

I might just be really unlucky but over the years (including before Ronnie Moore joined us, never mind them) i've had Tranmere 'fans' throwing beer cans at me, making cut-throat gestures at me, shouting abuse at me and been locked in pubs where the police have told the landlord to shut the doors because they've been kicking off. Always been on my own when i've had stick off them, funnily enough, they've never said a word to me when my 6ft 16 stone brother's been stood next to me. i know every club has its arseholes (us very much included), it's just a shame theirs seem to be a lot more visible. i used to quite like Tranmere, i think we've got a lot in common with them (small club in the shadow of more successful neighbours), but it's hard to like them when elements of their support keep threatening to kick your head in.

Nothing much to say that hasn't been said already

I can only just remember one shot on target and that was a Smith header with about 5 mins to go. No blooming wingers again to speak off and only when Furball came on did he have the foresight to shift it out to the wing.

Taylor is peeing me off with all the shinneigans of dropping like he's been severed at the knees everytime, but then bouncing up when he gets FA from the ref. Grow some will ya

M'voto motm for me - simply because he sat on there no.7's shoulders all game not allowing him to get a sniff. So close I thought they were attached at the hip

Entertainment value??? Chaddy because he put more effort in that half time run and gee up the crowd than any of the other 11 on the pitch.

Poor game when it shouldn't have been our inconsistence is killing us

I could see him keeping Taylor out of the side at some point in the not too distant future.

I'm pretty certain my 29 year old body and dodgy knees could keep taylor out of the side at the moment.....genuinlly think he needs to be dropped in order to show him he's not guaranteed a starting spot. With the odd exception, he's been poor for far too long......rarely beats a man, only gets the odd decent cross in and falls over far to often.

Maybe its just me and i'll be shouted down - but I think its about time all the sentiment was set aside and we viewed his performances rather than what he's done for the past

Bench him....see if he reacts well....we're all winners

I'm pretty certain my 29 year old body and dodgy knees could keep taylor out of the side at the moment.....genuinlly think he needs to be dropped in order to show him he's not guaranteed a starting spot. With the odd exception, he's been poor for far too long......rarely beats a man, only gets the odd decent cross in and falls over far to often.

Maybe its just me and i'll be shouted down - but I think its about time all the sentiment was set aside and we viewed his performances rather than what he's done for the past

Bench him....see if he reacts well....we're all winners

but he was excellent on Monday v MK Dons