Carlisle: BBC Highlights

Thoughts:

- shocking penalty decision; the defender clearly gets his foot to the ball.

- a Lidds'esque pen from Kuqi.

- terrible camera work for the Adeyemi goal!

- great finish from Kuqi for the third.

- defender at the near post is far too easily muscled out of it for Carlisle's first.

- what the hell is M'voto doing for the second and couldn't Lee have trapped it for Clarke to clear?

- panic defending for the third.

- should have scored at the death.

Still a pen, ball first isn't a rule, it's a misconception.

You can't tackle from behind like that (rightly or wrongly), it's the rules.

...lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind, using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

That's never a pen, Acks.

Thoughts:

- shocking penalty decision; the defender clearly gets his foot to the ball.

- a Lidds'esque pen from Kuqi.

- terrible camera work for the Adeyemi goal!

- great finish from Kuqi for the third.

- defender at the near post is far too easily muscled out of it for Carlisle's first.

- what the hell is M'voto doing for the second and couldn't Lee have trapped it for Clarke to clear?

- panic defending for the third.

- should have scored at the death.

Thought that Lee could of stopped the first and second goals.

First thing I thought when I saw the goals.

First one he nearly got there but had switched off imo (along with several of his team-mates) and the second one he was far too nonchalant, if he'd showed some desire to slide in he probably would have cleared it - said it before and I'll say it again, he's average defensively, but M'Voto was far too high up the field and where the :censored: was Taylor in backing young Mellor up as Zoko broke clear?

I think with more of an effort on the line we may well have stopped the third too, fourth minute of injury time there should be bodies put on the line, especially when Zoko had his back to goal, all in all three of the wankiest goals we'll concede this season...

Edited by oafcprozac

First thing I thought when I saw the goals.

First one he nearly got there but had switched off imo (along with several of his team-mates) and the second one he was far too nonchalant, if he'd showed some desire to slide in he probably would have cleared it - said it before and I'll say it again, he's average defensively, but M'Voto was far too high up the field and where the :censored: was Taylor in backing young Mellor up as Zoko broke clear?

I think with more of an effort on the line we may well have stopped the third too, fourth minute of injury time there should be bodies put on the line, especially when Zoko had his back to goal, all in all three of the wankiest goals we'll concede this season...

I noticed this at Tranmere , Taylor does cock all to help Mellor , he was being tore a new one at Prenton Park and alls Taylor could do was point and shout.

And rule #45 of OWTB , never slag Kieran Lee off , he's better than Clegg

I noticed this at Tranmere , Taylor does cock all to help Mellor , he was being tore a new one at Prenton Park and alls Taylor could do was point and shout.

And rule #45 of OWTB , never slag Kieran Lee off , he's better than Clegg

I'm better than fookin' Clegg, and I was a keeper….

said up there but surely lee should have stopped the second. even after zoko outpaced the defence he looked to let it go in from the highlights. might have been scared of trying to clear it and it sliced into the top of the net, but he would have tried at least. but it looks like he made no effort and ran past it.

only seen it once, but had that not gone in, we could have put our foot on the ball in the second half and held on?

+1

thought if he's slides for the second one; he gets it cleared or at least stops it for another to clear.....he seems to give up on it and just accept it's going in. He had a chance to stop it if he'd had committed to it. He didnt & that's poor. end of IMO. He at least tried to stop the 1st; albeit half heartedly.

Clarke was too easily beaten on the 1st & Mellor needs to be stronger on the 3rd too.........all 3 are really, reaaly poor goals to concede which makes it even more galling.

Ah well, Bury score 3; we'll have to score 4*

*That's taking me back some years watching Latics sides do that!!!!

Can't agree with you here, Stevie, and that's coming from a defender who hates seeing soft penalties given, it's a man's game etc. He's come right through the back of Simpson, very careless challenge.

Clearly I'm in the minority here but I can't really see any contact at all.