Latics 3 - 1 Burton

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very poor 2nd half from us, poor ball retention and didn't take advantage of the extra man.

Credit to burton though for having a go, a lot of sides would have settled for damage limitation being 3 down at half time and down to ten men.

Those half time team talks definitely need brushing up on!

Panic in the chatroom and in the Latics Player commentary box. But let's face it - that was as easy as it gets.

Anywhere down south for round 2.

Are you wearing rose tinted specs, if there goal wasnt ruled out offside they would have got a result today.

Easy as it gets?? Im pissed off how we sloppy we were and how Burton ran rings around us for most of the second half.

I actually thought we were sloppy first half.

It was easy, there was nothing wrong with what we were doing, but we didn't stretch the game like Bury did last week.

Half time we were running a sweep stake on how many we'd get. 6 and 8 were popular numbers. But we didn't use our width and let them back in to it.

Sloppy goal to give away. I'd also like a referee's view of the way the ball came off the Latics man for their disallowed goal. Somewhere between a deflection and a pass and I'm not sure what the rule is that turns that in to being onside.

Anyway, it's a result.

Wembley on three fronts now.

Are you wearing rose tinted specs, if there goal wasnt ruled out offside they would have got a result today.

Easy as it gets?? Im pissed off how we sloppy we were and how Burton ran rings around us for most of the second half.

Who cares? We're going to have been in two cup draws by the end of this weekend.

At the end of the season will we really be worrying that Burton "would" have got back into it?

Playing badly and winning - I'd take that every week.

We lose, we moan. We win, we moan.

Job done, lads. Bring on round two.

Who cares? We're going to have been in two cup draws by the end of this weekend.

At the end of the season will we really be worrying that Burton "would" have got back into it?

Playing badly and winning - I'd take that every week.

We lose, we moan. We win, we moan.

Job done, lads. Bring on round two.

Who cares, I do as I was Carlisle to and its bleeding obvious that we lose our shape to easly.

If you like getting out played by 10 men then fair do's.

If my aunt were my uncle she'd have a dick, as they say in Holland. If they'd scored from the Morais blunder, it would have been 3-2 with not long left, not 3-3 or 3-4, which might constitute a "result" for Burton.

To be fair, I didn't see the game and only have Mike and Roy's words for it, and they were a bit miffed at the second half performance. But then again there's a guy on another thread saying he hopes Morais has played his last game for the club. We should probably have that kind of talk after 3-1 defeats rather than after 3-1 victories.

Who cares, I do as I was Carlisle to and its bleeding obvious that we lose our shape to easly.

We can't do anything about Carlisle and we can't do anything about today's terrible performance.

I'd enjoy the highs while you can - this might be as good as it gets this season.

If my aunt were my uncle she'd have a dick, as they say in Holland. If they'd scored from the Morais blunder, it would have been 3-2 with not long left, not 3-3 or 3-4, which might constitute a "result" for Burton.

To be fair, I didn't see the game and only have Mike and Roy's words for it, and they were a bit miffed at the second half performance. But then again there's a guy on another thread saying he hopes Morais has played his last game for the club. We should probably have that kind of talk after 3-1 defeats rather than after 3-1 victories.

Im not sure if your aunty has a dick or not.

Jesus, your commenting on a match that you were not even present at.

If Burton had got the second ( from our sloppy play) it would have been a Carlisle all over again.

What irks me most is that other managers can change things around at half time against us and it seems to really throw us and we find it difficult to adapt and regain a foothold.

I have to agree with you Steve, PD said that he learnt from the Carlisle game, if Burton had got a second then we would have been hanging on by our finger nails.

I shouldnt be pissed off tonight as my team has won, we just resorted to aimless punts up the field and got out battled in most areas of the pitch by a leauge 2 team who played with 10 men for nearly 86 minutes.

and breathe.

To be fair to Dickov, he changed things round at half time against Bury last week and we made a decent fist of it second half.

My bigger concern is his ability to change things during a half. That should have happened first half last week and second half next this week.

Edited by opinions4u

To be fair to Dickov, he changed things round at half time against Bury last week and we made a decent fist of it second half.

My bigger concern is his ability to change things during a half. That should have happened first half last week and second half next week.

Had to read that twice there....thought you were doing a mystic meg for a minute :grin:

All the fans were panicking, and some still are here, but we were very, very comfortable, save for an odd lapse.

Cisak picked the ball out of the net, made a good save at his feet, and caught the ball with a cross from near the halfway line. That was it apart from goal kicks and passbacks.

In the hat, no injuries, no red cards, rested legs due to clicking down a few gears second half. Perfect!

Panic in the chatroom and in the Latics Player commentary box. But let's face it - that was as easy as it gets.

Anywhere down south for round 2.

Plenty of interesting southern non-league away trips potentially on offer....

....I see Carlisle won, though.

If we was 10-0 up I'm guessing you would still want us to take advantage of 10 men and play attacking football in the second half.

As long as we defended, which we did. It was the end of Burtons cup run

Edited by no1laticsfan