And we will play chesterfield

Both Southern finalists are in Division 2.

We marmalied Chesterfield 5-2 the other week & are the highest team left in.

No doubt we weill be favourites to win the competition with the bookes now....let's make sure they are right.

This must help in attracting the magnificent Robbie Simpson to sign back on in January.

Nothing worse than us all expecting to turnover Chesterfield, I'd hate us to lose to them. I hope the 2nd leg is at home!

Hope Dickovrests a few on Saturday so we can focus on Southend.

Why? Winning begets winning, full steam ahead!

Why? Winning begets winning, full steam ahead!

over confidence and a "we only have to turn up and we have won this" attitude will undo all the hard work we have put in recently..

chesterfield got walloped and rightly so,but with a wembley showpiece in the running for the winner they wont be as easy to beat as some are thinking...

i hope we play second leg at home....1 or 2 goal advantage from first leg and who knows....

over confidence and a "we only have to turn up and we have won this" attitude will undo all the hard work we have put in recently..

chesterfield got walloped and rightly so,but with a wembley showpiece in the running for the winner they wont be as easy to beat as some are thinking...

i hope we play second leg at home....1 or 2 goal advantage from first leg and who knows....

Not saying that at all, we drew at the weekend!

But our best chance to beat Southend is to keep the momentum going, no resting players. They're professionals and should be able to cope just fine with the rigours...there's no need to wrap people in cotton wool on the off chance they get injured.

from the JPT website:

Area Finals – 4 teams compete over 2 legs

Drawing is no longer necessary for the final 4 teams as the two remaining teams in each section play each other over 2 legs - home and away. The first team to play at home is decided via a secret draw at The Football League Headquarters.

Area Semi Finals - Tuesday 6th / Wednesday 7th December 2011

Area Finals Leg 1 - Tuesday 17th / Wednesday 18th January 2012

Area Finals Leg 2 - Tuesday 7th / Wednesday 8th February 2012

The Final - Sunday 25th March 2012

Could well be the winners of our area final come up against ....

Barnet reached the southern area final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy thanks to a penalty shoot-out victory over London rivals Brentford.

Goalkeeper Dean Brill was the hero for Barnet during the 90 minutes, denying Marcus Bean, Toumani Diagouraga, Clayton Donaldson and Harlee Dean.

My only worry about all of this is that by the time the end of January comes we are playing like a pub team after a 24 hour bender. Remember the same last year, on a bit of a roll, hit December, half our games are called off, and by the time we play them again we are shocking. Chesterfield will probably be playing like Barcelona by then too..

There something about Christmas that makes me just expect Oldham to turn to turd and not win a game for the rest of the season... Happens every year. I so wish we could play the two legs over the next couple of weeks..

Ah well, optImism abounds!

My only worry about all of this is that by the time the end of January comes we are playing like a pub team after a 24 hour bender. Remember the same last year, on a bit of a roll, hit December, half our games are called off, and by the time we play them again we are shocking. Chesterfield will probably be playing like Barcelona by then too..

There something about Christmas that makes me just expect Oldham to turn to turd and not win a game for the rest of the season... Happens every year. I so wish we could play the two legs over the next couple of weeks..

Ah well, optImism abounds!

That's optimism? God help us when pessimism sets in.