Liverpool watch v Wigan

If watching Wigan v Liverpool how do you think Liverpool are doing?...IMO they certainly don't close down too well in midfield and allow shots on goal.

A better side would have had a couple of goals, despite Liverpool's dominance but wigan are cack….Reina is poor on crosses and his tendency to punch and parry has bitten him on the arse on a number of occasions. As for Adam is 1/3 of the player he was for the Lashers.

More worried about fouls outside the box that are penalties , and the half yard offside that doesn't count for the top 6 premier clubs.

Survive them 2 and we can beat them. :grin:

Look, let's be honest here. If 'normal service' is resumed, then the reality is we'll be on for a convincing beating. They have a (out of sorts) striker who will more than likely start against us who cost £35 Million. Our entire side has cost, what; around £120K in transfer fees to assemble? Worlds apart.

They have international players all the way through their squad, they have World Cup Winners in there - even their fringe / promising youth lads are all Under 21 Internationals. We have a 34 year old ex-Finnish International and an Aussie who has played a few games for their U-23's. World apart again.

If they 'click' on the night - we're going to get murdered.

But - I went into the Everton game absolutely convinced we were going to get tatted and pummelled, we had lost Bertrand & Kilkenny after their loans ended, Taylor was injured and the players coming in (Lomax, Kallala etc) weren't exactly word beaters, yet………….we all know what happened next.

I'm going into this game with exactly the same attitude as I did at Everton. Hoping we put up a good show and are not disgraced & embarrassed. To enjoy the fact we're at a Prem League ground again and to enjoy the atmosphere. On the night, and this is the joy of the FA Cup & one-off game; who knows - as a fan you have to retain that little bit of hope that an upset could happen and all that ………………..BUT

…..as for dissecting the Liverpool side to expose where we can hurt them - don't make me laugh!!!!!!

From my colleague who is a Liverpool fan, they will get lots of corners but have struggled to put them away - though against our defence this may be different.

I think we will have a good chance of giving them a game, but its more to whether they turn up or not. Fingers crossed they are still in the League cup tie with Man C, hopefully will have their eyes on that rather than us.

Look, let's be honest here. If 'normal service' is resumed, then the reality is we'll be on for a convincing beating. They have a (out of sorts) striker who will more than likely start against us who cost £35 Million. Our entire side has cost, what; around £120K in transfer fees to assemble? Worlds apart.

They have international players all the way through their squad, they have World Cup Winners in there - even their fringe / promising youth lads are all Under 21 Internationals. We have a 34 year old ex-Finnish International and an Aussie who has played a few games for their U-23's. World apart again.

If they 'click' on the night - we're going to get murdered.

But - I went into the Everton game absolutely convinced we were going to get tatted and pummelled, we had lost Bertrand & Kilkenny after their loans ended, Taylor was injured and the players coming in (Lomax, Kallala etc) weren't exactly word beaters, yet………….we all know what happened next.

I'm going into this game with exactly the same attitude as I did at Everton. Hoping we put up a good show and are not disgraced & embarrassed. To enjoy the fact we're at a Prem League ground again and to enjoy the atmosphere. On the night, and this is the joy of the FA Cup & one-off game; who knows - as a fan you have to retain that little bit of hope that an upset could happen and all that ………………..BUT

..as for dissecting the Liverpool side to expose where we can hurt them - don't make me laugh!!!!!!

Miserable Bastard! It's Christmas FFS :wink:

Yes we'll be lucky to get nil, we know that - but we can dream and spout bollocks until it happens can't we? :grin:

Miserable Bastard! It's Christmas FFS :wink:

Yes we'll be lucky to get nil, we know that - but we can dream and spout bollocks until it happens can't we? :grin:

Oh go on then.............

I think we can get at their right hand side of defence, Johnson is poor defensively and Skertl is always prone to a mistake, so push Taylor high up the left and ask Kuqi to drift wide and push on Skertl; should expose some weak areas.

That OK? :wink:

I think we can get at their right hand side of defence, Johnson is poor defensively and Skertl is always prone to a mistake, so push Taylor high up the left and ask Kuqi to drift wide and push on Skertl; should expose some weak areas.

That OK? :wink:

Scapuzzi running at Skirty bloke could be interesting.

Fully expect a good tattering and I'm hoping that they get bored and stop scoring after the first 4 have gone in. To be honest, I can't remember caring so little about the outcome of a Latics match (whilst still looking forward to it immensely) other than I want a big crowd for the club coffers and I hope that the genuine group of lads that represent us - players, management, staff & Corney, give it their all and enjoy the occasion. Similarly, I hope us fans have a great night out, with plenty of singing - feels like we've deserved it.

Having said that, we can unsettle Agger by constantly shouting "Dan" at him; I think Wesolowski & Furman could bully Adam; Parker & Taylor will be up for it and can make inroads and I just like the idea of Kuqi chasing backpasses through to Reina who will do something silly like pass it to Johnson who, in turn will, panic when he sees that Shefki *really* wants that ball and is preapred to clatter him into the Albert Dock in order to get near it.

Fully expect a good tattering and I'm hoping that they get bored and stop scoring after the first 4 have gone in. To be honest, I can't remember caring so little about the outcome of a Latics match (whilst still looking forward to it immensely) other than I want a big crowd for the club coffers and I hope that the genuine group of lads that represent us - players, management, staff & Corney, give it their all and enjoy the occasion. Similarly, I hope us fans have a great night out, with plenty of singing - feels like we've deserved it.

Having said that, we can unsettle Agger by constantly shouting "Dan" at him; I think Wesolowski & Furman could bully Adam; Parker & Taylor will be up for it and can make inroads and I just like the idea of Kuqi chasing backpasses through to Reina who will do something silly like pass it to Johnson who, in turn will, panic when he sees that Shefki *really* wants that ball and is preapred to clatter him into the Albert Dock in order to get near it.

:lol::grin:

you mean like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjnJ8xs6ibs

If we can create an amazing atmosphere at the game and the team try their best its all we can ask.

We aren't expected to win so the pressure is off the players to win but I think they will want to do their best and win as it gives them an opportunity to reach out to bigger clubs and to get in the book of favourites of Oldham fans. As for the fans this match will give us a good evening out to remember win loss or draw. (Hopefully Win)

I think on the night we will lose but its football and especially with it being the FA Cup 3rd round there are cup upsets and shocks and we have done it before against city and everton so why not liverpool

If we can create an amazing atmosphere at the game and the team try their best its all we can ask.

We aren't expected to win so the pressure is off the players to win but I think they will want to do their best and win as it gives them an opportunity to reach out to bigger clubs and to get in the book of favourites of Oldham fans. As for the fans this match will give us a good evening out to remember win loss or draw. (Hopefully Win)

I think on the night we will lose but its football and especially with it being the FA Cup 3rd round there are cup upsets and shocks and we have done it before against city and everton so why not liverpool

And West Ham, and all within the last ten years….