open sale

When the tickets go on open sale will it still be posible to buy them Over the phone and will they be limited to 1 each ?

Need five and am away in Scotland all next week :S

My take on it is that as they haven't stated a restriction, they will not be limtiting tickets. Not sure on phone.

If that's true it's fooking ridiculous.

Yes & No.

I don’t have a season ticket due to working away a lot but I do contribute to playershare, club lottery, attend home games when I'm not working away as well as regularly buying merchandise from the club shop...

Also I'm going on holiday on Saturday morning & don’t return until 2 days before the Liverpool game! So I've emailed them in desperation!!

I do NOT want to miss out!!!

Yes & No.

I don’t have a season ticket due to working away a lot but I do contribute to playershare, club lottery, attend home games when I'm not working away as well as regularly buying merchandise from the club shop...

Also I'm going on holiday on Saturday morning & don’t return until 2 days before the Liverpool game! So I've emailed them in desperation!!

Not yes and no, it's fooking ridiculous!

We are lucky to support a club that, despite what many think, often uses common sense. The size of our support means that many people at the club are in a good position to know a large proportion of the fan base. There have been many occasions over the years where that knowledge has been used to help fans out. It sounds like this is a perfect example. A fan who is known to attend most matches isn't going to be able to apply through normal methods and so some assistance has been given which is not going to be detrimental to fellow fans (we will not sell out so everyone will still get a ticket).

Coming on here and shouting about it doesn't help anyone though. If the club have helped you out, why make a song and dance about it that is only going to lead to getting other people's backs up?

We are lucky to support a club that, despite what many think, often uses common sense. The size of our support means that many people at the club are in a good position to know a large proportion of the fan base. There have been many occasions over the years where that knowledge has been used to help fans out. It sounds like this is a perfect example. A fan who is known to attend most matches isn't going to be able to apply through normal methods and so some assistance has been given which is not going to be detrimental to fellow fans (we will not sell out so everyone will still get a ticket).

Coming on here and shouting about it doesn't help anyone though. If the club have helped you out, why make a song and dance about it that is only going to lead to getting other people's backs up?

spot on mate, the club i imagine did this in good faith, this kind of thing could cause a whole load of uneeded :censored:, i am going to do a 5.5 hour round trip from gloucester to get the tickets and go every home game with exception of midweek games, the only people who deserve 1st pick are ST holders, what message does it send out to people who have programme vouchers (even though sure hardly any).

I know the allocation prob wont sell out but its the priniple for me, its funny that the 4oakslatic who posted it hasd only ever done 6 messgaes on here, im not saying not a genuine fan as im not one to pass judgement make your own decision

spot on mate, the club i imagine did this in good faith, this kind of thing could cause a whole load of uneeded :censored:, i am going to do a 5.5 hour round trip from gloucester to get the tickets and go every home game with exception of midweek games, the only people who deserve 1st pick are ST holders, what message does it send out to people who have programme vouchers (even though sure hardly any).

I know the allocation prob wont sell out but its the priniple for me, its funny that the 4oakslatic who posted it hasd only ever done 6 messgaes on here, im not saying not a genuine fan as im not one to pass judgement make your own decision

Come on mate, he was trying to be nice.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Yes & No.

just realised i replied to wrong person! but most of my message still applicable!

I have had to cut my holiday short and rebook my flights because its moved to a Friday! Dont have a season ticket but did have for 11 years before, wheres my early tickets!!??!!? what's that email address???!?!? ;)

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck

4oakslatic is a proper fan!!! just don't post

I realise that it doesn't seem fair on those waiting or ST holders

I emailed speculatively on the first day the tickets went on sale and I even said in the mail to the club I didn't see why I should get tickets before the open sale - just wanted to get in for the open sale bit because I'm going away.

It seems that the club realise that there will be tickets for all who want them and they are being sensible to take the money from the likes of me who don't go to many matches but have the club at heart.

I'm sure that no supporter who reallywants to go will miss out

Edited by 4oakslatic

Storm in a tea cup.

All credit to the club for a sensible decision.

I understand season ticekt holders get priority,a dn rightly so, but clearly the club canot be dogmatic at a difficult time of year to get to the club for those living further away.

And before someone says, yes Iam an exile, and I am unlikey to be able to go because of work and family commitments.

I certainly have no chance of travelling to BP just to get a ticket either.

just the enquires email.. I just said please!! sent my card details whenthey asked sent to me by return of post :grin:

Couldn't believe my luck

What a fantastic club!!

Erm....I wouldnt have thought the club would have processed an order of tickets by you 'emailing' your card details over? I didnt even think this was a legal way of order processing? Hardly secure is it.........

hmmmmmm......

Erm....I wouldnt have thought the club would have processed an order of tickets by you 'emailing' your card details over? I didnt even think this was a legal way of order processing? Hardly secure is it.........

hmmmmmm......

don't say anything about emailing card details