City v Liverpool thread

1-0 to City.

Aguero scores from 20 yards, the ball slipping under the body of Reina.

Shoot from distance on Friday lads!

(or will Liverpool sign Brill on loan?)

How long have they had Brucie Grobbelaar back?

As for their play overall.......I hope they line up this negative against us on Friday (Though somehow, optimism needs to be replaced by realism!)

Get the likes of Scapuzzi and Taylor running at their centre backs too.

Clueless!

(Carroll will give ours a torrid time in the air)

I've wathed from the start and; you what what - if they play like that against us (10 mins ater the 1st goal apart), then - weirdly; we have a chance I'd say....

It's just a shame it'll be a completely differently side out!!!!

They have a lot of pace about them and will keep the ball. Can imagine Enrique and Johnson overlapping. Also Bellamy and Downing causing our defence all sorts of problems. Set pieces will also be tricky. They have put out strong sides in cups so far and will not want an upset after tonight.

They have a lot of pace about them and will keep the ball. Can imagine Enrique and Johnson overlapping. Also Bellamy and Downing causing our defence all sorts of problems. Set pieces will also be tricky. They have put out strong sides in cups so far and will not want an upset after tonight.

All true.

But Enrique was awful going forwards tonight and Downing really seems to be struggling with his game.

Bellamy scares the :censored: out of me. Johnson ... depends which one turns up on the night I suppose.

All true.

But Enrique was awful going forwards tonight and Downing really seems to be struggling with his game.

Bellamy scares the :censored: out of me. Johnson ... depends which one turns up on the night I suppose.

I was pretty confident until I saw those names, bejesus I hope we are not on course for a big hiding.

If Latics, with half the reserve team, can beat Everton, and non-league Wrexham can defeat Arsenal then there is a chance we can cause an upset (e.g. a draw) of soughts! At the end of the day, it is eleven men against eleven! If you look for a similar comparison in recent times, then surely Chasetown snatching a draw against us should be encouragement enough!

I was pretty confident until I saw those names, bejesus I hope we are not on course for a big hiding.

WHAT -

When they said Reina was brill i didn't think they meant Dean !!

2nd goal showed they are poor at defending corners and the thrid goal showed they are very flat and one paced at the back.

With their leading player out the only thing Latics have to guard against is -

Complacency !!!!!!!!

Just hope we get the winner of City / United away in the 4th round. :D

WHAT -

When they said Reina was brill i didn't think they meant Dean !!

2nd goal showed they are poor at defending corners and the thrid goal showed they are very flat and one paced at the back.

With their leading player out the only thing Latics have to guard against is -

Complacency !!!!!!!!

Just hope we get the winner of City / United away in the 4th round. :D

Back in to the real world, we are not Man City ... if you know what I mean...

With Gerrard being eased to fitness, (3 games as a sub) then i think Kenny will either start him and take off at half-time/60 mins or so, or bring him on at HT or with 30 mins or so left. Liverpool are known for 'zonal marking' at corners and crosses, so hopefully with Simpson's delivery then we can cause them alot of problems from any corners/free-kicks we get, especially if Smith is on at any point in the game.

if we lose, we lose - you just want to be in the game for as long as possible give us a bit of a contest to watch.

We need everyone of our players at 8/10 - if Liverpool don't fancy getting stuck in against 11 players with absolutely cock all to lose and expected to get thumped 8-0 in some quarters except at BP, then we have a chance.

JYM should cope with Carroll in the air, both similar big blokes, my only worry is Black against whoever! - i hope he has a blinder.

Set pieces from Simmo need to be spot on as thats probably our best chance.

PD - Stick with 2 wingers - dont do more southend replay :censored:e and play Adeyemi at RW because you dont weant to drop him - play players in their positions so they know where they are at.

Above all lads give your all and we'll see what happens.

I think all Liverpool's subs tonight will start, so thats Doni in nets, Carragher, Kelly, Shelvey, Bellamy, Gerrard and Maxi starting with maybe a few other stars and a couple of youth teamers.

Lets give em a game lads!

I'd rather lose 6-0 at Anfield than 2-1 away at Carlisle, so lets enjoy the match

Edited by shefflatic

With Gerrard being eased to fitness, (3 games as a sub) then i think Kenny will either start him and take off at half-time/60 mins or so, or bring him on at HT or with 30 mins or so left. Liverpool are known for 'zonal marking' at corners and crosses, so hopefully with Simpson's delivery then we can cause them alot of problems from any corners/free-kicks we get, especially if Smith is on at any point in the game.

My honest opinion is IF we somehow manage to get the opening goal, then we have a chance of getting a result!

To be honest, I actually thought they played pretty well for long periods of the game. Two errors put them 2 down. I think Suarez would have made a difference tonight as they had chances.

Spoken to a few Liverpool fans and the general jist is that Fridays team will be decent mix of first teamers with the odd fringe player. Something like:

********************REINA*********************

KELLY****CARRAGHER***********COATES***ROBINSON

*********HENDERSON***********GERRARD**********

KUYT***************SHELVEY****************MAXI

*******************CARROLL********************

Subs

DONI

SKRTEL

JOHNSON

ADAM

MAXI

A N OTHER

Apparently, Bellamy rarely plays 2 games a week cause of his knees and hes played nearly 1 and a half already. Gerrard should play to get match practice, Carroll to try and get some form.

Will be very difficult either way.

Still, looking forward to it. Roll on the booze bus!

OWTB

To be honest, I actually thought they played pretty well for long periods of the game. Two errors put them 2 down. I think Suarez would have made a difference tonight as they had chances.

Spoken to a few Liverpool fans and the general jist is that Fridays team will be decent mix of first teamers with the odd fringe player. Something like:

Subs

DONI

SKRTEL

JOHNSON

ADAM

MAXI

A N OTHER

Apparently, Bellamy rarely plays 2 games a week cause of his knees and hes played nearly 1 and a half already. Gerrard should play to get match practice, Carroll to try and get some form.

OWTB

I was going to post something similar after I read poster saying Johnson & Enrique would be busting forward, Downing woud cause us problems etc.

I think it's pretty obvious that the starting X1 from last night will be massively different to the one that starts against us. But - neither Kenny as a manager or Liverpool as a club can afford to make 11 sweeping changes and play the kids & fringe in one go; they need to win the game when all is said an done.

I too feel that most of the bench from last night will start.

Gerrard is being eased back in slowly (rightly so too), but he's had 3 sub appearances so far and sooner or later he's going to need to start a game. I think he'll start against us and the plan from them will be to bring him off when the game is won; saving some juice in the tank for some sort of appearance Vs City on the Weds from him.

The big lad, Coates, needs games in English football, but IMO away from the glare of the Premiership spotlight; so I think he's a certain starter. I also expect Doni to be in goal; giving Reina a rest ahead of the City game.

Other than that - I pretty much see it as a strong side being put out; one that lets face it - has more than enough about it to roll us over good & proper.

But - lets get carried away & dream the dream eh? Roll on Friday and one heck of an upset!!!!!

Subs

DONI

SKRTEL

JOHNSON

ADAM

MAXI

A N OTHER

OWTB

Hope Carra does play, any ball that goes over his head he isn't going to be able to catch up..

I don't think Maxi will start on the pitch and on the bench at the same time aswell..

Think that Doni will play in this game rather than Reina, but still a good goalkeeper to beat.

Anyone taking a beachball?

Hope Carra does play, any ball that goes over his head he isn't going to be able to catch up..

I don't think Maxi will start on the pitch and on the bench at the same time aswell..

Think that Doni will play in this game rather than Reina, but still a good goalkeeper to beat.

Anyone taking a beachball?

Haha, my mistake on the Maxi gaff.

I still think Reina will start personally, even when it has been cup games, he usually gets the nod. I just have a horrible feeling that this could be the perfect game for Carroll to pop up with a few goals. A fiver on M'voto 1st scorer at 80/1 is bloody decent but I wonder what the odds are for a Carroll hat trick.....(not that I want that to happen obviously)?