Loanees ?

Add to that, IF we are in with a chance of the play-offs come the loan deadline date in March, we may want to bring an extra player or two in to boost the squad.

So, if you can, please join PlayerShare and set aside a little each month to bolster the fund.

Or increase your standing order if you're already a member.

Or attend as many home matches as possible and buy lots of stuff at the Club Shop.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Add to that, IF we are in with a chance of the play-offs come the loan deadline date in March, we may want to bring an extra player or two in to boost the squad.

So, if you can, please join PlayerShare and set aside a little each month to bolster the fund.

Or increase your standing order if you're already a member.

Or attend as many home matches as possible and buy lots of stuff at the Club Shop.

I was told a bit back that the deal would be till the end of the season so im not dissapointed.

Suits both parties this, credit to Simpson for taking a pay cut to, plays well we hopefully get to wembley and he signs for a 2 year deal at the end of the season.

I think Keegan means he's signed until the end of the season. We were only ever offering a contract until the end of the season anyway. It's what we have become, due to finances. Other teams can build, we scrap around and cobble together a side year on year. I can understand why we only offer one or two year deals, two words…..Chris Killen, but boy has it bit us on the arse time and again. What chance has Dickov to build a team if we're only offering 6 month and 1 year deals? Even Bournemouth offered a lad from Brighton a three and a half year deal the other day. Lads like Furman, Wes, Lee and Simpson could become the foundation of a very good team but all are in their mid-20s and are likely to want more security than a year here and there.

I totally agree by the way; but the bold bit is because they're cash-rich (comparatively), as they've just had some recent investment from a Russian IIRC.

For the development of this side, and for the fact that we actually have decent players here at the moment; I'd love it if the club were able to extend the deals & get the players to commit to another year / 2 years; the likes of Furman, Lee, Weslowski, Parker, Taylor, Diamond, Black - and Simpson. Along with M'Voto & Cisak who have another year - that's the core of the starting X1 again sorted.

If not, we're looking at M'Voto & Cisak with the kids; which isn't pretty.

EDIT: Just seen Singe beat me to it re: Bournemouth & investment.

Why is it never us who attracts Russian investment???? :ranting:

Edited by slystallone

I'd have thought from the way the club and simpson were saying (when he renewed for a week) it will be turned into a permanent deal by friday, that we'd have been offering him an 18 month deal!

Whats the point in him cutting short the last 6 months of what will have been a pretty decent wage at Hudds, to only sign a 6 month contract on a lesser wage here?

Why not just run his contract down and come back on loan??

If he's our player we can play him next Saturday, if he is still on loan Hudds wouldn't let us. It maybe that we will only sign him on an initial 6 month deal but with an option to extend it if necessary (ala Reid and Morais last season). If someone else offers Simpson better money he can go there, but if we decide we can't afford his extra wage we can let him go (might depend on us getting to Wembley).

We may be giving him a hefty playing/win/scoring bonuses we don't know, and it may be that he would rather be a permanent member of our squad than a temporary one (especially if he destroys Huddersfield).

Listening to PD on LP he say's he has a full squad to select from and that some players are gonna have to be left out, noy only the starting line up but the 18 man squad. That tells me all the loanee's are available even though nothing concrete appears on the os stating we've extended loan deals.

Matt Chambers tweeted - "Informed by club just now that #oafc loans deadline for Liverpool is actually noon tomorrow, not today..."

After the rarely-wrong Chron reported on Wednesday:

The deadline for loan deals to be concluded in time for Friday night’s third-round FA Cup tie at Anfield (8pm kick-off) is noon, tomorrow.

What's in a day?

can't see us having clarke again - HT's manager says on their site that he has trained with them today and did very well, from the sounds of it i'd doubt he'll be coming back to us straight away if at all, but i guess training doesn't mean he is wanted again, may have trained and then signed forms; who knows.

Key for me is scapuzzi for the season and also adeyemi - not a massive fan of adeyemi but he is more than a useful option and is a powerful lad to have in the squad - we have JYM and Tarky at the back and can go and get another CB if needed.

Never felt Clarke has been brilliant - steady but nothing amazing and i think Diamond/JYM are the better 2 out of the three.

Never felt Clarke has been brilliant - steady but nothing amazing and i think Diamond/JYM are the better 2 out of the three.

I have to say, having watched a bit of Scottish football I was a fair bit anti-Diamond. But, certainly recently, he has won me well over. The commander of the centre defenders, knocked in a goal, but more importantly very calm lately. Beyond the unrealistic signing of Lee who'll be on his way to the division above, he's my main guy at the back.

M'Voto I still have yet to win me over. He didn't when here the first time, and has hardly impressed since.

can't see us having clarke again - HT's manager says on their site that he has trained with them today and did very well, from the sounds of it i'd doubt he'll be coming back to us straight away if at all, but i guess training doesn't mean he is wanted again, may have trained and then signed forms; who knows.

I also read that, at http://www.htafc.com/page/PreMatchComments/0,,10312~2567200,00.html

Nathan Clarke must be gutted if there's no chance of him returning - could have been Anfield, instead it's Adams Park...

I know the squad profiles on the OS are not compiled by the Club, but when I looked the other day, all the loanees had been deleted. Now Adeyemi, Scapuzzi and Mancini are back in the squad as loanees on the OS. No Clarke.

Simpson is listed but not as a loanee, with listed ex-clubs including Huddersfield and Oldham (loan).

Squad profiles

can we extend them into full season at the end of month ?

Yes, I believe so. Whether we do this will probably depend on our league form and our position in the JPT area final. If we're looking good in that then there may be some cash around to fund till the end of the season. I don't know what our agreement with City is but there were rumours that they were paying the full wages of Scapuzzi & Mancini but perhaps they're not willing to do that for a full season, hence we may need to throw something in the pot ourselves to keep Luca for the remainder.

Yes, I believe so. Whether we do this will probably depend on our league form and our position in the JPT area final. If we're looking good in that then there may be some cash around to fund till the end of the season. I don't know what our agreement with City is but there were rumours that they were paying the full wages of Scapuzzi & Mancini but perhaps they're not willing to do that for a full season, hence we may need to throw something in the pot ourselves to keep Luca for the remainder.

oh yeh cos City are short of a bob or two

oh yeh cos City are short of a bob or two

but they may argue that they're not a charity and if we don't pay we don't get. On the other hand maybe loans till the end of the window gives City & Norwich the option of cashing in on Tom & Luca, if they get any other approaches, which may not be there if they agree season long loans now.

so why did the BBC post that article yesterday ? its bollocks

Or the club are keeping stum about Clarke signing, I think if we get a draw and they aren't registered with us at the time of the draw then they aren't eligible to play in the replay, but I'm not certain.

Edited by rudemedic

Or the club are keeping stum about Clarke signing, I think if we get a draw and they aren't registered with us at the time of the draw then they aren't eligible to play in the replay, but I'm not certain.

but the BBC said Adejemi and Scapuzzi are here till end of season aswell