Chesterfield 2nd Leg Prices

Yeah I thought that, they must have asked chesterflid and they said they wont bring many no matter what? Saying that I am just assuming.

On their website Chesterfield are actively pushing the fact that the return leg is on Sky, and advertising a pie & pint night for £5in the hospitality suites at the B2Net. It's a bit out of order really, this is a money making tie for both clubs, it's hardly in the spirit of things if we take 1200 over there and only 500 of them turn up at BP.

Having said that, maybe it's just the fact Chesterfield have never travelled well to us previously.

JPT and why it’s important.

We haven’t won the FA Cup ever.

We haven’t won the League Cup ever.

Realistically speaking, we won’t win these for a considerable amount of time, if not ever.

We have never won a national professional cup competition.

We haven’t won a tournament nor promotion in getting on 21 years.

We haven’t played in a final of a cup competition in getting on 22 years.

We haven’t played at new Wembley ever.

We haven’t played at old Wembley for getting on 16 Years.

We haven’t won the JPT or it’s equivalent ever.

Football is about winning stuff!!!

Realistically speaking, we won’t win these for a considerable amount of time, if not ever.

Exactly

Couldn't care less = implication by yourself it is pointless.

I suppose. I understand all the benefits, but when I look at the match I get less excited than a pre season friendly. I dont think it's pointless, I just can't motivate myself for it. I watch lots of football minimum 35 live games a season and almost everything thats on tv, I even record games when they clash and watch them later (SADDO!!) but I never watch the jpt, not even the final and when I do catch a bit of it on ssnews, I usually find myself laughing at how giddy the winning team gets. For some reason the reserve FA Cup and that lancashire cup they have seems to mean more to me. It would appear that I'm on my own on this though, so when I get in from training tonight I'll bang teletext on and try and get excited. In Fact, if its called off I'll try and scav £12 and bum a lift and see it for myself. I'll try most things once.

On their website Chesterfield are actively pushing the fact that the return leg is on Sky, and advertising a pie & pint night for £5in the hospitality suites at the B2Net. It's a bit out of order really, this is a money making tie for both clubs, it's hardly in the spirit of things if we take 1200 over there and only 500 of them turn up at BP.

Having said that, maybe it's just the fact Chesterfield have never travelled well to us previously.

Do we pool the aggregate gates and split it 45/45, or do we just take the home gates like a league game?

But WHY THOUGH???

I don't get your attitude at all. You're a Latics fan right? And if we get there, this will be a cup final at the home of football - and a chance to see your side lift a trophy.

Lets cut to the chase - we're a little club, who have for years mostly flattered to decieve. I would have thought that when a rare occassion comes along to actually see your side being successful on the pitch, in whatever format it is, ever true fan would want to be there to witness it & be apart of it?

I must be wrong though - I hadn't factored in the fans who would prefer to stay away, sit at home & cringe - probably bemoaning the sale of Dennis Irwin, the fact Big Joe left us and that the Main Stand Upper once sold out of Bovril in 1991. Sheesh.

OK OK, I cant explain it. I'll try and get excited.

Also IF we do get there and it's against Swindon there will be 60,000 there .

Nice litle earner for a club like us .

Sorry 59,999 :lol:

Chesterfield fans are estimating they would take 12,000-15,000.

I'd have said 15,000 for Latics. Possibly slightly more.

If we get there, and take a really impressive following, I would assume any potential investors would be more likely to step in.

Let's say 30,000 at Wembley combined with selling out Liverpool in a day ... that sends out a clear message that Oldham Athletic is a football club with real potential.

I'd have said 15,000 for Latics. Possibly slightly more.

If we get there, and take a really impressive following, I would assume any potential investors would be more likely to step in.

Let's say 30,000 at Wembley combined with selling out Liverpool in a day ... that sends out a clear message that Oldham Athletic is a football club with real potential.

Slightly more than 15,000 plus 6,100 at Liverpool is not 30,000, but I take your point about impressing any potentiial investors.

Well said mate, I've always said the first time I'll go to the new wembley is when Oldham get there no matter how long it takes, yes I'd love that

to be in the play-offs for a crack at promotion but realistically our best chance will come in the JPT this season so to me this is our biggest game of the season

in terms of a cash windfall which will help next season's rebuilding.

If someone would offer me a win between the Exeter or Chesterfield game then I'd happily take the Chesterfield game because we are in last chance saloon in

the JPT whereas we've plenty of other games to stay up (forget about the play-offs, staying up and winning the JPT will be season well done I say).