Match thread

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt we'll have the usual 'we were unlucky to lose' comments. Seems like we're the only team in our division who can't get a result at Chesterfield. IMO these cup competitions have been a serious distraction and the sooner we get them out of the way the better. Back to the usual problem - can't put the ball in the net when it matters.

Kuqi has gone off the boil, couldn't hit a barn door at the moment

His pen hit the crossbar!

We did everything but score after Whittaker's penalty...surely with Diamond and Furman back in the squad, we should turn them over by a decent enough margin at BP.

It is not over yet!

His pen hit the crossbar!

We did everything but score after Whittaker's penalty...surely with Diamond and Furman back in the squad, we should turn them over by a decent enough margin at BP.

It is not over yet!

Gerrard's pen hit the crossbar as well. :disappointed: Sometimes it's just not your night.

No doubt we'll have the usual 'we were unlucky to lose' comments. Seems like we're the only team in our division who can't get a result at Chesterfield. IMO these cup competitions have been a serious distraction and the sooner we get them out of the way the better. Back to the usual problem - can't put the ball in the net when it matters.

And made the club a lot of money!

Seriously at the start of season if someone said to u could finish 17th u wouldnt have taken it? We have a tiny squad and most would have taken staying up i sure as hell would

Don't worry. Penalty kick master Reuben Reid should be back in the squad by then.

Hopefully Black will be match fit to start that game so we can put one of our best players back into his position.

Adeyemi and Scapuzzi's loan finish before the game I think? Be interesting to see if we can get them on for longer, or if we get some different players in.

Another concern is Latics have trouble keeping a clean sheet.

Don't worry. Penalty kick master Reuben Reid should be back in the squad by then.

Hopefully Black will be match fit to start that game so we can put one of our best players back into his position.

Adeyemi and Scapuzzi's loan finish before the game I think? Be interesting to see if we can get them on for longer, or if we get some different players in.

According to the OS Adeyemi's loan ends 31st Jan and Scapuzzi's on the 29th.

The problem is we seem to have convinced ourselves that we are better than we are.... After 25 games the league table does not lie, we are17th because we are not that great ( and with our budget and an inexperienced, but promsing, manager it shouldn't be that much of a surprise)

I suspect our best result ths season was the 1-1 draw at Southend when they were flying, other than that we have been very average. Liverpool was great for 30 minutes but we did lose 1-5 in case anyone hadn't realised!

The cups have been a nice distraction and have disguised our poor league form. The 2nd leg won't just define this season, it will define next season too as the Wembley money should give PD a chance to keep and build on the decent work he has begun. If we lose the tie (and lets face it, it doesn't look good right now) I really fear for the club......biggest game since Hughes mi:censored: that last minute volley into the top corner!!!!

I think Adeyami will still be here, Scapuzzi will be gone.

Can we have Black at left-back, please, and Lee back where he belongs.

We have enough quality in the team to overturn the deficit and more...Tommy Lee played a blinder, tonight, and the added spice of ex-manager/players made the game's outcome unpredictable. Dickov needs to get it into the players' heads that we have to go hell for leather in the return leg...we are 1-2 down and it is a one-off occasion, we have nothing to lose.

Personally, I think Simpson is going to be the deciding factor in the return leg.

Best player we have had for a long, long time.

And made the club a lot of some money which will be swallowed up to balance the losses!

Seriously at the start of season if someone said to u could finish 17th u wouldnt have taken it? We have a tiny squad and most would have taken staying up i sure as hell would

Absolutely, but.....

the way things are shaping up is reminiscent of the second half of last season and if we don't start improving soon, then 17th might be an unachievable target!

The problem is we seem to have convinced ourselves that we are better than we are.... After 25 games the league table does not lie, we are17th because we are not that great ( and with our budget and an inexperienced, but promsing, manager it shouldn't be that much of a surprise)

I suspect our best result ths season was the 1-1 draw at Southend when they were flying, other than that we have been very average. Liverpool was great for 30 minutes but we did lose 1-5 in case anyone hadn't realised!

The cups have been a nice distraction and have disguised our poor league form. The 2nd leg won't just define this season, it will define next season too as the Wembley money should give PD a chance to keep and build on the decent work he has begun. If we lose the tie (and lets face it, it doesn't look good right now) I really fear for the club......biggest game since Hughes mi:censored: that last minute volley into the top corner!!!!

Fookin' ell!!

You know, half the problem is negativity!!

Chesterfield are a single goal to the good...fair enough, if they score first, then it will be tough...but if we score first, then game-on!

"convinced ourselves that we are better than we are"...we have a decent squad, considering how crap the budget is...much better than our current position shows and we need to give PD lots of time to get things right.