Still should go through..

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The liklihood of our back 4 actually concentrating for all 90 minutes & keeping a clean sheet in neglible to say the least , we have an awful lot to do with out porous defence & relying on Simpson to either make or score a goal.

I think it is a very ,very poor result tonight ..not impressed one bit

Happy to concede 4 if we score 5 .......We have scored 5 once ,we don't score goals ,nor create many chances most weeks.

Don't create chances most weeks?

We had 22 shots tonight.

Huddersfield we had 5.

Liverpool we had 10.

Chesterfield we had 11.

Notts County we had 11.

Hartlepool we had 10.

Charlton we had 7.

Southend we had 14.

Thats 90 chances I think in 8 games. Just over 10 a game averages out at. Not creating many chances are we.

Got to take the positives from tonights game into the 2nd leg...

...at least we scored 1 to keep us in the tie.

In all seriousness, their keeper had a good game, the ref probably did us with their penalty with not giving a foul on Lee immediately beforehand, and the injury to Diamond cant have helped (Although Tarky had a good game.)

I think we need a good result on saturday. Lets not forget the league, we could quite easily be sucked into another relegation battle.

We had 22 shots tonight.

Huddersfield we had 5.

Liverpool we had 10.

Chesterfield we had 11.

Notts County we had 11.

Hartlepool we had 10.

Charlton we had 7.

Southend we had 14.

Thats 90 chances I think in 8 games. Just over 10 a game averages out at. Not creating many chances are we.

How many goals did we score from the 90 chances ?

Chesterfield fan here. Good game i thought tonight and really it could have gone either way. We had four players making their home debut's tonight and one making his full debut. As you can prob tell we are a completely different side to the one that got hammered at your place. It will be a really open game i reckon at your place,both defences are a little shaky and both teams have goals in them i reckon. Well impressed with Robbie Simpson. He's a real handfull and is always a threat. Good goal too tonight from him. I would say good luck for the next tie but i wont. Think you had your luck tonight having that fat little ref on your side all evening. I will say good luck for the rest of the season though. Oh,and your support was fantastic as well. Very good turn out for an evening match away from home.

I know we're 2-1 down but I think we should still go through. They're no exactly rock solid at the back are they? I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't turn over this deficit

The same could be said of us at the back. I think we need to remember that we not in the playoffs, were 17th. Yes we can be good but we can be bad also. It's called inconsistency. If we are not up to it in the return game, we won't be at Wembley end of.

We had 22 shots tonight.

Huddersfield we had 5.

Liverpool we had 10.

Chesterfield we had 11.

Notts County we had 11.

Hartlepool we had 10.

Charlton we had 7.

Southend we had 14.

Not really much of a point to make, when we're still not scoring.

Chesterfield fan here. Good game i thought tonight and really it could have gone either way. We had four players making their home debut's tonight and one making his full debut. As you can prob tell we are a completely different side to the one that got hammered at your place. It will be a really open game i reckon at your place,both defences are a little shaky and both teams have goals in them i reckon. Well impressed with Robbie Simpson. He's a real handfull and is always a threat. Good goal too tonight from him. I would say good luck for the next tie but i wont. Think you had your luck tonight having that fat little ref on your side all evening. I will say good luck for the rest of the season though. Oh,and your support was fantastic as well. Very good turn out for an evening match away from home.

Cheers – I knew it wouldn’t be as ‘easy’ as some thought it would be. You certainly were a handful in the league fixture a couple of weeks ago, though the ref missed a few penalties for us in that one. Didn’t go last night but the commentary on BBC Manchester. Funnily enough the match summarizer Paul Simpson correctly predicted that Lester would win a penatly against young Tarky in exactly the circumstances that it did, then was quite livid that the ref fell for it. Says it all considering he doesn’t much have an Oldham affiliation.

I am not so blindly sure we'll be going through this tie. I don't care Chesterfield have four new players in their line up compared to their BP visit. The results they gain from now on in I am convinced will prove they are relegation fodder. Latics shouldn't be losing against them if we are as good as some like to suggest. PD can bleat on all he likes that we are in a false position in the league, but at some point you have to hold ya hands up.

Currently for whatever reason we are not hitting it off as a team. We are not playing good flowing football. We have the individuals who spark now and then and score us the goals. We need to get back to scoring team goals and that way we'll carry far more threat. If we miss this opportunity of Wembley we'll never get an easier one. Chesterfield are poor and make no mistake about that.

Edited by Lags