Decent Effort

Like last season, at the turn of the year we become totally incapable of putting the ball in the net and it was massively costly tonight. However, there were two penalty decisions that the ref didn't give, one handball and one block on Adeyemi. Not saying we would have actually managed to bag one but I feel a little cheated. Plus Allot should have gone for a second yellow. Cannot fault the effort tonight but as usual the application was lacking.

Like last season, at the turn of the year we become totally incapable of putting the ball in the net and it was massively costly tonight. However, there were two penalty decisions that the ref didn't give, one handball and one block on Adeyemi. Not saying we would have actually managed to bag one but I feel a little cheated. Plus Allot should have gone for a second yellow. Cannot fault the effort tonight but as usual the application was lacking.

Ref had apparently already blown for the first foul which saved his arse...

We could still be playing now and we wont have scored. Where's our next goal coming from ? How many touches do we need on the edge of the box

Hard to believe we put 5 past them . Absolute toothless.

Kuqi is half the player he was

Smith isn't cutting it for me but isn't getting long enough

Simpson is playing too deep aswell

absolutely gutted!! they did naff all for 96minutes, showed no ambition or attacking threat apart from right at the start of the 2nd half then scored a gifted goal. thought our football was excellent apart from our delivery out wide. taylor was awful and his crosses were poor, morais (for all the stick he gets on here) looked more like he would create something. i'm proud of our effort but you get what you deserve in football, if you create 47 chances over 2 games and score 1 goal you deserve to lose

thats our season over pretty much and we have to make sure we pick up points in the league or we could be fighting relegation. hope Chesterfield get relegated and take Rochdale with them!!!

Chesterfield were there for the taking. We don't deserve to go to Wembley.

Correct stevie, all huff and puff with no end result. We can't hit a cows arse with a banjo a the mo.

Oh yeah, someone needs to tell kuqi to shoot across the keeper!!.....he missed the same chance at liverpool.

We could still be playing now and we wont have scored. Where's our next goal coming from ? How many touches do we need on the edge of the box

Simpson is too deep because he's having to try and compensate for the fact that Adeyemi can't fill Furman's boots.

If i had a quid for every time i shouted :censored: hit it! tonight....i could buy latics, can't believe people won't shoot!

On our budget we do well to consistently survive in this league, if the players and manager were all as crap as people on this forum are claiming at the moment we wouldn't be having this discussion because we wouldn't have reached the northern final and been a game away from Wembley

Gutted! Gotta say, Shez played it brilliantly - every time Simpson was within 30 yards, they'd foul him! (Actually, whenever anyone was within 30 yards!) Just played a very niggly game - clearly came set up for the 0-0, and pure chance gave them the goal to settle it!

They're a poor team with a manager who is getting very good! He never had a Plan B when he was with us,clearly got a few tricks up his sleeve now!

Edited by JoeLatics

On our budget we do well to consistently survive in this league, if the players and manager were all as crap as people on this forum are claiming at the moment we wouldn't be having this discussion because we wouldn't have reached the northern final and been a game away from Wembley

I think 2 wins in 15 kind of indicated that we are crap and the cup run was a bit of a distraction.

Gutted for the younger fans , they deserved the day at Wembley. Surprised how hollow I feel , thought I would be ok.

Top effort tonight , but we really have blown a great opportunity to win a trophy , we will never ever get an easier one.

How poor must we have been at their place ?

First half was fantastic , non stop attacking football , Morais was at his very best along with Simpson , but unfortunately our centre forward is so out of form.

Second half I thought Simpson was head and shoulders above everyone else , he will have gone down in some many scouts notebooks watching on the box......he won't be hereafter May unfortunately imo , an awesome player.

As for the goal .....

Football's a simple game....

... you win by scoring one more goal than the other team.

Chesterfield - bottom of the league, bring in four or five players; they beat us in the first leg and that starts a 4 game winning sequence.

Oldham stick with the squad that's been firing blanks for the last few games (I'm discounting the lad we've just brought in as, based on what I've seen of him tonight, he's another Scapuzzi - seemingly offering good skills but no consistent delivery). Result - another game without a win.

We are rapidly heading for a repeat of last season's second half performance - the worry I have is that this time, we will drop into the relegation zone and before anyone mentions it - it's not a doom & gloom attitude - merely a reflection on reality.

Our season is now dead in the water. It'll be interesting to see the impact on Saturday's attendance - sub 3000 definitely.