Massive win but..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt make the 5.5 hour midweek round trip how they play anyone?

So glad didnt know about peno on soccer special on sky was already having a heart attack when saw so we were pretty much last game to finish

Start with that midfield at Walsall and I can see a repeat of March 2009, Marsh-Brown and Morais superb in the first half but we were collectively :censored: (Tarky apart) in the 2nd half. Penalty decision was correct, though i'm glad Alex made up for his 'Brill' moment for their goal….

Edited by oafcprozac

What are we doing?! Always happens in the last 20 minutes, we're really comfatable and then we concede a random goal:/ If it wasn't for Cisak...

The team has gone into a serious decline since Liverpool.

The loss to chesterfield was a massive kick in the teeth,corney probably is still having nightmares about the revenue that went down the bog after that loss.

The team is carrying individuals going thru the motions,the team is containing platers like mvoto who should have a red cross instead of a number,an accident waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

The manager is tactically disasterous.

I could go on,however...

We are going to be in a fight for survival this season,that much is obvious.

At the end of the season id get rid of PD,sorry,ive seen enough to realise we are going to nowhere under him.

His tactics,and substituions a times are shocking.

The loss to chesterfield was a massive kick in the teeth,corney probably is still having nightmares about the revenue that went down the bog after that loss.

The team is carrying individuals going thru the motions,the team is containing platers like mvoto who should have a red cross instead of a number,an accident waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

I could go on,however...

At the end of the season id get rid of PD,sorry,ive seen enough to realise we are going to nowhere under him.

What do you think about the on going Stadium issue?

did tayls play centre of the park? How did he do?

Glad to hear Tarky did well

Cheers Prozac

Taylor, too lightweight to play CM imo, strangely enough spent more time out wide than he does when he's playing on the wing. We got away with it tonight but on KMB and Morais' showing Taylor should be (rightly) looking over his shoulder when Furball is fit….

yep sack pd a manager working on a nothing budget, taken us to anfield earned the club a bumper 6 figure pay packet biggest day out in years, we would all of taking just staying up this season and at current well safe of doing that

hey why not spend loads with a new manager who couldnt get players like robbie simpson, marsh brown, cisak here send us into liquidation, play a lack of football

hey dave penny not in work is he maybe we should give him a call Rigsby that make you happy

I could go on,however...

We are 9 points clear of 21st with 4 games in hand.

We are 14 points away from 5th with 2 in hand.

We have a budget of pretty much nil.

Dickov could well turn out to be the best manager since Royle.

We were poor both halves.

They were the worst side ever first half. A bit more composed second half.

Even then, we had the game easily under control. Two excellent goals scored.

I have no idea why their guy shot for their goal. Three players waiting for a simple cross so he shoots and Cisak makes a balls of it.

Penalty? I didn't think so, but I'd glazed over by then. The save was quite magnificent. Then we're too busy celebrating the save to be organised for the quick corner.

Another 42 points and we're in the play-offs.

yep sack pd a manager working on a nothing budget, taken us to anfield earned the club a bumper 6 figure pay packet biggest day out in years, we would all of taking just staying up this season and at current well safe of doing that

hey why not spend loads with a new manager who couldnt get players like robbie simpson, marsh brown, cisak here send us into liquidation, play a lack of football

hey dave penny not in work is he maybe we should give him a call Rigsby that make you happy

im not getting into childish arguements.

PD is not learning from his mistakes,his tactics are bordering on laughable and he continues to pick NAMES.for me id get rid at the end of season although in all honesty unlsess some thing drastic happens regarding investment i fear admin next season.

im not getting into childish arguements.

PD is not learning from his mistakes,his tactics are bordering on laughable and he continues to pick NAMES.for me id get rid at the end of season although in all honesty unlsess some thing drastic happens regarding investment i fear admin next season.

Interested to know who you'd replace him with on our budget (genuine question, not a dig btw)

from the RRE it was never a penalty and the ref was awful. im not normally one to have a go at referees but the he had a word with cisak for timewasting around the hour when he went to pick up the ball, booked simpson for shooting and made decisions in a game that didnt really need any. if the penalty had been scored the referee would have cost us the two points.

from the RRE it was never a penalty and the ref was awful. im not normally one to have a go at referees but the he had a word with cisak for timewasting around the hour when he went to pick up the ball, booked simpson for shooting and made decisions in a game that didnt really need any. if the penalty had been scored the referee would have cost us the two points.

I thought it was a pen, blatant shove in the back…however as poor as we were in the 2nd Half, it would have been daylight robbery if they'd nicked a point.

The Cisak timewasting thing was a joke .... although he regularly takes 10+ seconds to drop kick.

Simpson's booking was harsh for the challenge that he got the yellow card for, but the referee had already given a couple of other free kicks against him and had a word.

Whether a penalty or not, there was a clear lack of ownership / communication by 3 Latics players before the decision was made. Cisak was part of that, as he was against Chesterfield. There is something to sort out between keeper and centre backs.

The Cisak timewasting thing was a joke .... although he regularly takes 10+ seconds to drop kick.

Simpson's booking was harsh for the challenge that he got the yellow card for, but the referee had already given a couple of other free kicks against him and had a word.

Whether a penalty or not, there was a clear lack of ownership / communication by 3 Latics players before the decision was made. Cisak was part of that, as he was against Chesterfield. There is something to sort out between keeper and centre backs.

there is no leader at the back

What do you think about the on going Stadium issue?

yes. lol. I'd like to know what you are supposed to do on 2.500 crowds. Seriously, we have won and people are moaning. PD is actually a really good manager but the people of oldham....:censored:. what a bunch of total arseholes. Still,so long as we remain in the boundaries of the old town...not the one from 1974...

Didnt make the 5.5 hour midweek round trip how they play anyone?

So glad didnt know about peno on soccer special on sky was already having a heart attack when saw so we were pretty much last game to finish

Defrosted a bit now, had tea and toast so i'll put a bit more meat on the bones as it were….

The early goal came from a quality move, a rampaging run from Marsh-Brown showing skill and pace in equal measure - a ball into Simpson with his back to goal, who laid it into the path of Morais who curled a shot into the top corner. MArsh-Brown was a thorn in Walsall's side all half, and Morais was having similar joy. 2nd goal came from more quality wing-play this time from Morias, who found Simpson who spun and half-volleyed a shot into the corner. Walsall's Smith had a nightmare and Latics looked to get him one on one at every opportunity. Sadly, he was subbed at HT and they looked a bit more solid in the 2nd half. Though Cisak was at fault for the goal, Walsall had 3 on 1 in the box and probably would have scored anyway. Second half we dropped off, and tbh ball watched for most of the game but we looked to have done enough, until an unnecessary shove from JYM saw a penalty awarded. I thought it was a pen tbh, thankfully Cisak redeemed himself after his earlier error and we clung on for the win.

I'm concerned though that Chris Taylor was preferred to Mellor or Winchester in CM, and on the two wide men's showing tonight, it seems we are accommodating him in midfield simply to keep him in the team. Adeyemi did ok I thought, broke up a few attacks and made a few good runs, Taylor was ironically found out wide too often for a CM. I think if we play that same team at MK we'll get slaughtered, the wing play was a joy to watch but on that showing neither KMB or FM have the discipline to track back consistently. This coupled with a weak CM partnership of Taylor and Adeyemi is asking for trouble.

However, a win's a win and seeing as we have not won away in the league since mid-September, anything at MK or Sheffield will definitely be a bonus.

Cisak - Not much to do, flapped a few times, the goal went straight under him - redeems himself with the late penalty save

Lee - Steady

Tarky - Thought he was excellent and my MOM, got drawn to the ball on occasion but looks better every week

JYM - Was solid enough until this late shove nearly cost us two points

Black - His best game for a while

Morais - Not his biggest fan, but when he's on his game like he was in the first half he's unplayable. Tailed off like his team-mates in the 2nd, but had more of an impact in the 2nd than KMB

Taylor - backed off too much to be a CM, a couple of decent challenges and was mostly ok on the ball. Too weak in the challenge and spent too much time wide

Adeyemi - Again like Taylor conceded too much space, won his fair share of 50/50s and made some probing runs

KMB - Was a revelation in the first-half, his threat diminished in the second-half

Kuqi - One good chance, still looks off the pace a bit. Desperately needs one to go in off his arse

Simpson - Quality goal and assist, yet again from Robbie. At the heart of everything good we did but his set-pieces were mostly poor tonight

Subs:

Parker: Not long enough to make an impact

A win's a win, and hopefully we can go on a run to secure our third tier status. I'm not expecting anything from MK, Sheffield or Stevenage. But with games coming up against Tranmere, Col U, Scunthorpe, Yeovil and Rochdale - our fate should be a lot clearer by the time we are celebrating St. Paddy's Night…..