Massive win but..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk of getting rid of PD ,

Afraid people want to get in the real world.

We are getting 3000 gates (2500 tonight) and must operate one of the lowest budgets in league 1.

We have a 3 sided :censored:e hole for a ground probably one of the worst 3 grounds in the entire football league.

I would say we are punching way above our weight where we are and that's thanks to PD and his team.

We should be in the Blue Square with our budget and ground so lets get some realism here.

Get rid of PD and we could end up with some a*sehole like Penny then we will definitely be where we should be -

Playing Stockport , so get real and give the team some support.

Afraid until some rich Arab comes along this is probably as good as it gets.

If you don't like it then f*ck off to watch United

Edited by losesome

PD is not learning from his mistakes,his tactics are bordering on laughable and he continues to pick NAMES.for me id get rid at the end of season although in all honesty unlsess some thing drastic happens regarding investment i fear admin next season.

You what? How was what LDA said childish?!

Not sure why I'm taking your opinion seriously but of the ludicrous anti-Dickov sentiments I'll pick up on the PD not learning one. There have been a number of occasions this season where Dickov has got something wrong, changed personnel or tactics and come out with a positive result/performance in the next match (see Scunthorpe, MK Dons and Notts Co. to name a few).

First half was very good , why we couldn't do the same again second half is for the manager to sort out.

Marsh - Brown was terrific first half , two quality finishes from Morais & our superstar Robbie.(dreading the thought of not being able to keep him next year).

Walsall played better second half but the goal was down to the keeper imo.

I think either Furman or Wes would have improved our second half.

Tarkowski played well again.

We do seem unable to create much attacking the Chaddy these days ....very odd.

First half was very good , why we couldn't do the same again second half is for the manager to sort out.

Marsh - Brown was terrific first half , two quality finishes from Morais & our superstar Robbie.(dreading the thought of not being able to keep him next year).

Walsall played better second half but the goal was down to the keeper imo.

I think either Furman or Wes would have improved our second half.

Tarkowski played well again.

We do seem unable to create much attacking the Chaddy these days ....very odd.

Glad I chose to sit in the RRE tonight…. :grin:

Edited by oafcprozac

The Cisak timewasting thing was a joke .... although he regularly takes 10+ seconds to drop kick.

Hadn't even noticed the ref until this - I think he might have got a bit bored and just wanted to get involved with things.

Tarky, Morais, Marsh-Brown were our best players - it's great to have three (including Parker) fast, old-fashioned style wingers who attack their full-back. I think we're quite fortunate in this respect.

Walsall were dire, though - they wouldn't have looked out of place on Hackney Marshes in the first-half. That said, we need to learn to kill these teams off and not think the game's won at any stage while we're ahead.

All in all, it was the anti-Chesterfield; we took our chances, they didn't and I got home in one hour instead of three!

Edited by JoeP

The team has gone into a serious decline since Liverpool.

The loss to chesterfield was a massive kick in the teeth,corney probably is still having nightmares about the revenue that went down the bog after that loss.

The team is carrying individuals going thru the motions,the team is containing platers like mvoto who should have a red cross instead of a number,an accident waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

The manager is tactically disasterous.

I could go on,however...

We are going to be in a fight for survival this season,that much is obvious.

At the end of the season id get rid of PD,sorry,ive seen enough to realise we are going to nowhere under him.

His tactics,and substituions a times are shocking.

:lol:

2nd time this season I've missed kick off due to public transport twattery. The first was Hudderfield,when I missed Kuqi's goal. Can't decide if this means I'm a jinx and should stop going cos we only score when I'm not in the ground,or whether I need to get a job at the hospital & move to within walking distance.

That should have been far more comfortable than it was. Walsall were terrible. Scrappy game, perhaps only to be expected after the enforced break. Like the look of Marsh-Brown, looked quality on the ball and didn't give up all game. Thank Christ for Cisak, think we'll struggle to keep hold of him in the summer.

The loss to chesterfield was a massive kick in the teeth,corney probably is still having nightmares about the revenue that went down the bog after that loss.

The team is carrying individuals going thru the motions,the team is containing platers like mvoto who should have a red cross instead of a number,an accident waiting to happen everytime he touches the ball.

I could go on,however...

At the end of the season id get rid of PD,sorry,ive seen enough to realise we are going to nowhere under him.

[/quote

Even from a Latics fan that is a bollocks statement!

I could go on,however...

So, we've just got our first win of 2012, albeit with a dodgy display 2nd half from what I can gather. I wasn't there so I can only go off Latics Player and OWTB comments. And you want to chuck the baby out with the bath water and start all over again. If we do that, we end up with more new faces coming in, possibly losing some of our better players in the process.

Decline since Liverpool? OK, lost 3, drawn 1 and won 1. Two of the losses were in the Paint Pot when better finishing would have probably seen the highest ever aggregate score in the history of the competition. So, In the League it's W1 D1 L1. Yes, not going to Wembley has hit the finances hard, no argument. But the team worked their Niagaras off for a win.

Who are the individuals who are "going through the motions"? You've not said who you think they may be.

Manager tactically disastrous? Got the tactics spot on at Liverpool - it was never a 5-1. Got the tactics spot on in the Paint Pot, we just couldn't hit the onion bag more than once in 47 attempts, 23 of which were, I believe, on target.

A fight for survival? 9 points clear of 21st and 13 points off a play off place. Games in hand over every single team in the division; granted we have to win the buggers but I think PD will learn from last season when we played catch-up and got it wrong.

It took Joe Royle 5 years to get it fully together, but we stuck with him. If we'd got rid after two seasons, we would probably never have seen the Premiership. Didn't turn out too shabby for Big Joe in the end, did it? Only ended up managing in the Premiership again. A fledgling manager doesn't get it spot on in a season and a half, unless he has loads of dosh and can put together a team that virtually needs little tactical input. We're not in that position. We're bloody skint, yet PD has still attracted the likes of Simpson, Kuqi, Wesolowski and, more recently, Marsh-Brown. Could you have seen Dangerous Dave or Uncle Ronnie doing that with no funds?

As far as tonight goes, a win is a win, no matter how you get it. And don't forget we were without Furball, Wes and Diamond. We haven't seen Reid for four months and Diallo for a bloody long time. So, if this is your reaction when we get 3 points, God only knows what a defeat does to you.

If the knee-jerks are any more responsive, you'll give yourself a nasty crack under the chin. Try a healthy dose of positivity and see what PD is trying to do here. He's the best manager we've had in years. Of course, if you want to go back to the Penney era, that's your choice. But that's what you'd likely end up with if PD got the boot. You'd also end up with the likes of Parker (of the Keigan variety), Colbeck and Worthington. Because that's all we'd be able to attract. My blood runs cold at the very thought.

I could go on,however...

2,583 and the club I love looks like it's on the decline, which is worrying!!!

However I would prefer it, had it been 2,582 and we didn't have a prick like you there!!!

Yes, Dickov makes mistakes and tonight I was :censored:ing furious when we gave the penalty away after spending so long in control but to wish a man out of a job because we are mid table after a bloody decent couple of cup runs is crazy and :censored:ing dilusional! AND WE HAVE NO BLEEDING MONEY!!! :ranting:

Who the :censored: do you think we are?

Who shall we get next then? Penney? Ancelotti? or :censored: it, why not just go for Mourinho?

Both sides were poor. Losing patience with Kuqi now, missed a sitter and every game he starts arguing with the officials, kicks the ball away and then walks away from the ref when he knows the ref wants to talk to him. Then he doesn't shut up moaning for the next 20 minutes. He make's Taylor look like a quiet lad.

Thought Black could have overlapped more, KMB cut inside a few times to be crowded out, could of done with Black overlapping him a couple of times more.

Another thing which annoyed me slightly tonight and in previous was our free-kicks. For example, tonight we had a free-kick in the first half, our right, on basically the corner of the penalty area, maybe a couple of yards further out. Two man wall which blocked hardly anything off, keeper was at complete over side of his net at the far post, a simple shot with a tiny bit of curl around the outside of the wall, on target would of been in. Yet we crossed it in and was easily cleared, then we shot from another free-kick, centrally from about 30+ yards away. Happened in other games aswell, simple thinking and we'd get one or two more goals quite easily. Has happened in other games aswell, but instead we mess about with shooting from alot harder positions to score from or we have started doing them little floaty crosses instead again.

Managed to just about win tonight, when it should of been a comfortable victory but the ref didn't help either. They shouldn't of scored their first, as there was a direct and blatant shove on Simpson which resulted in them getting the ball and hoofing it up which led to the goal. From Main Upper, never looked a penalty to us either...

The result was good, but I noticed several players tire badly in the half and this may have been the reason Walsall almost snatched a draw.

Hopefully, as sharpness and fitness levels improve so will team performances.

Presumably, being unable to train grass for a couple of weeks is having an effect? Just a thought.

Presumably, being unable to train grass for a couple of weeks is having an effect? Just a thought.

Probably is. The pitch didn't help either, within 10 minutes, the centre and main stand side of the pitch was mostly ripped up. Presumably something to do with the covers having been on for a while, and not getting enough light etc with snow and everything else involved.

However, when players begin to tire, you tend to bring subs on. Felt PD could of done with bringing Mellor/Winchester to bring some fresh legs to the game in the latter stages when Walsall were chasing an equaliser.

Penalty? Definitely.A HUGE shove.

There is a lot wrong out there at the moment. Simpson and Kuqi are not working well together. Either give Kuqi someone he can get flick ons off e.g. Smith or put him on the bench next game.The number of long balls delivered up to him that their centre half soaked up was ridiculous. Smith is slower than a slow thing goin at a snails pace but he is a big unit and might support Kuqi better than Simpson who is an individual who creates his own chances. How many games now for Kuqi without a goal? Twelve? Lets change something cos not many other centre forwards would get this support.If Dickov is going to back him to the hilt, fine, but ne needs help up there.

In the absence of Furman/Weslowski why not stick simpson in midfield with Adayemi? Taylor didnt work out tonight there so why not try it?

Finally on Dickov. No he shouldnt be booted out. That's ridiculous but things could be done better. I would argue he is trying to keep his best players in the team even if they are out of position but from his point of view i see why. I woiuld like to see him be bold. We are heading for mid-table obscurity again so try Simpson in midfield and either drop Kuqi or support him with a front man that complements him! :ranting:

Probably is. The pitch didn't help either, within 10 minutes, the centre and main stand side of the pitch was mostly ripped up. Presumably something to do with the covers having been on for a while, and not getting enough light etc with snow and everything else involved.

However, when players begin to tire, you tend to bring subs on. Felt PD could of done with bringing Mellor/Winchester to bring some fresh legs to the game in the latter stages when Walsall were chasing an equaliser.

Perhaps he thought Mellor and Winchester would take time to find the pace of the game and be overrun.

The thought of getting rid of Dickov is laughable,he's doing a good job on a next to nothing budget.Yes we should have got to Wembley but sometimes you don't get the luck you deserve.Tonight first half we were very good,midfield is a concern moving forward as we can't rely on Taylor and Adeyemi as a partnership although I thought they did okay.What's going on with Furman,we were told he just missed out on the JPT game and yet a two week break and he still isn't fit?!!Oh and nice one Alex although you made a dogs dinner of their goal.

The thought of getting rid of Dickov is laughable,he's doing a good job on a next to nothing budget.Yes we should have got to Wembley but sometimes you don't get the luck you deserve.Tonight first half we were very good,midfield is a concern moving forward as we can't rely on Taylor and Adeyemi as a partnership although I thought they did okay.What's going on with Furman,we were told he just missed out on the JPT game and yet a two week break and he still isn't fit?!!Oh and nice one Alex although you made a dogs dinner of their goal.

No we shouldn't. We couldn't beat Chesterfield over two legs, so we shouldn't of got to Wembley.

No we shouldn't. We couldn't beat Chesterfield over two legs, so we shouldn't of got to Wembley.

It transpired that we got beat but we should have got to Wembley. Chesterfield were rock bottom and the majority of fans wanted shez out, we were playing the better football at the time and it wasnt even particularily anything that Chesterfield did that put them through it was our own mistakes, so just because we didnt get there doesnt mean we shouldnt have

Peterborough

I think Cisak can do better than that tbh.

Just reading through the thread properly (i'm kind of glad i can't get the time off work for the rearranged Orient game, the midweek journey's become a total nightmare),i'm stunned at the negativity from some people. The idea that we're in "serious decline"......OK. We've lost 4 of the 7 games we've played so far this year. No-one's happy about that. But you know what, one of them was v Liverpool at Anfield (so that makes us as crap as United),one was away at Huddersfield (hardly an embarrassment and by all accounts we were unlucky), and as for the Chesterfield games, i think most Chesterfield fans are saying we were unlucky not to win them both. We should have taken more of our chances tonight (Kuqi's confidence still looks shot) and we did get a bit sloppy in the second half, but for Christ's sake, if you're that pissed off after a game where we were comfortably the better side and we've won thanks to an injury-time penalty save that you're calling for the manager to be sacked, i'm not sure following Latics is the healthiest way for you to spend your free time.