Midfield against Franchise?

You're wrong.

I am far from Taylor's biggest fan, I've even struggled to cheer when he's scored at times.But on Tuesday he was brilliant. Just what we needed. Adeyemi cannot be trusted to play as a holding midfielder, and surely that is why Taylor, with all his experience was given the role to hold. He did the job well, breaking up play and also starting attacks, such as when he took it off Tarky's toes and played it out to whichever winger was on the right at the time.

That's the first time I've seen him play there, and on that show I'd keep him there.

Best performance by him in a very, very long time.

well obviously a proper Oldham Athletic fan then ffs

Edited by palmer1

before anyone starts, this is not a continued pelting of criticism towards what a lot of the idiot clique on here regard as my personal hate of Chris Taylor.

This is complete and utter rubbish - i personally never ever want any of our players to play badly or for the team to perform poorly, as i am sure is the case for everyone.

I have my own opinion of CT in that although he has footballing ability and always gives his all, he is not the great 'star' player that a lot of fans view him as and we could carry on OAFC without him quite easily with KBM and Morais.

Anyway, to my point - i have been informed by someone who knows his close family that (and to quote him) 'there are a number of rumours' after i asked him if he is staying or going. I then asked him 'a team higher or lower?' and to be fair he said he didn't know who was interested.

'There are rumours, that's all i'll say' was his main answer.

I am no detective but i'd gather that that implies he is likely to be offski in May - it may be that he (CT) sees this as his only chance to play higher and he has to do it now which is fair enough.

Personally speaking i can only really think of Barnsley who may be interested in him, given that i doubt he'd want to move too far from home and Keith Hill will know a lot about him.

Should he go, good luck to him and who knows he may well prove us all wrong and show his true potential/ability - i hope he does.

Chris Taylor what have you done to deserve the utter :censored:e that gets written about you? When Latics play badly you see a very small number of players always looking to play the ball consistently. Taylor is one of them - his performance away against Sheffield Wednesday last year being one of the finest performances I can remember. To those sad nobs who think he needs dropping - you are pathetic.

Chris Taylor what have you done to deserve the utter :censored:e that gets written about you? When Latics play badly you see a very small number of players always looking to play the ball consistently. Taylor is one of them - his performance away against Sheffield Wednesday last year being one of the finest performances I can remember. To those sad nobs who think he needs dropping - you are pathetic.

I hear what your saying, but I think even the staunchest Taylor fan would admit that he shouldnt be immune to getting subbed or even starting on the bench for the good of the team.

Nobody should be immune to being subbed, but Taylor's consistent ability to get the ball down and play on the edge of the opposition area is what keeps him in the team in my eyes. Also, what has KMB done to warrant Taylor's place? One and a half games, the first appearance of which he was pretty average and lightweight? Finally I think some on here overlook the work Taylor puts in defensively, which considering that Black is no superstar should not be ignored.

it really is an intruiging dilemma for Dickov.

I for one really would like to see Mellor / Winchester given a chance in CM especially in the absense of Furman & Wes. Both have the technical ability to keep it simple and keep the ball moving in the Stephens role from last year. However this is not the mach to test this theory out. I do feel we need 3 in CM not just at the Franchise but whenever Tom A plays as he goes missing too often & putting 3 in there would allow him more chance to make those surging runs as well as giving the midfield a more sturdy look.

The issue then is the role of Simmo and his position in the hole IMO is causing some issues for Dickov bringing out a plan B. I think ideally in away games go with three in the middle and play Simmo out wide resting one of the "luxury" wide men, so given furman and wes are out and if Dickov is to change it and not play Simmo in a restructured midfield 3 then I would go with this ...

<<<<<<<<<<< cisak

lee <<<< Mvoto Tarky <<<<<< Black

<<<<<<<< Taylor Winchester <<<<

Simpson<<<<<< Adeyemi <<<<<< Morais

<<<<<<<<<<<< Kuqi

Oh! and the bloke who struggles to cheer when Taylor scores .... WTF!?

Just because people label him a hero and a class act doesn't mean those who don't rate him as highly have to act as though he is awful. He is as consistant player as we have had over the years and been in the top5 for player of the year for last 6 seasons. When he plays we tick more as he always wants the ball and even though loves the prima dona routine is a player I would always pay to watch. Now yes I am one of his fans which is obvious, but he loves the club and has come up through the ranks and made countless appearances over the years. I would kind of get the point these "fans" put across if he was a lazy git which once again isn't the case.

4 managers have now stated his importance to the cause and "made him immune to drop" which is obviously a plague-like opinion of Latics managers which will only be rectified when we eventually move away from BP.

Please give it a rest and support all our players.

He has been our best player along with tarky in the last few games.

The big difference in Morais is he is now showing signs of fitness which he appeared to lack earlier in the season.

Sharpness is a key element in his game.

He has obviously worked very hard on this and is reaping the rewards, keep it going Phil.

Edited by BP1960

Latics: Cisak, Lee, Tarkowski, Mvoto, Black, Morais, Adeyemi, Taylor, Marsh-Brown, Simpson, Kuqi

Zander Diamond back on bench, with Bouzanis, Smith, Parker and Winchester

as suspected then. A bit "damned if you do, damned if you dont" really. We won on tuesday - don't change a winning team and all that.