Tired legs & Resting players on Saturday

Birchall would be a good signing and I'm very worried about Saturday, it seems Simmo is injured which makes last night's decision to keep him on even more surprising. KMB looked fit I thought he was taken off because he isn't defensive enough, but back the OP's point, I don't think there are many changes to PD can make. Reid could come in, same with Smith but Diamond is still not fit enough according to Lawton in the programme, Furman won't be fit enough and looks like another 2 weeks out, Taylor's ill and could miss Saturday for me it would be a case of:

Cisak

Lee

M'Voto

Tarky

Mellor

KMB

Morais

Tom A

Hughes

Kuqi

Smith

Subs:

Bouzanis (spelling)

Diamond

Winchester

Reid

Parker

I downboated, but only because I don't like dogs.

On a side note, worse than dogs are dog owners who talk about their dogs. Nobody cares.

And worse than dog owners who talk about their dogs are dog owners who have a photo of their dog(s) as their profile picture on Facebook, etc.

I wouldnt be surprised to see our very own Mr. Taylor back in CM on Saturday. Although he isnt a CM he is a better option than Winchester! Id be tempted to stick Tarky there with TA and Diamond in at centre half but im not the manager. We really need a loan player in but looks unlikely.

Just to point out that Sheffield United have been beaten only twice at home this season out of 16 league matches. The teams that beat them were Charlton (1st) and Huddersfield (4th). There have been only two teams to get a draw at Bramall Lane – Sheffield Wednesday (3rd) and Exeter (19th). The odds are that we won’t win or even get a draw but we can’t go there expecting to lose, half the battle is fought in your head. Exeter managed to travel 250 miles to grind out a thrilling 4-4 draw!

The blue army will be in force with way over a 1000 travelling fans, the atmosphere will be rocking in a fantastic stadium. The players live for games like this, there’s no way they should be dropped – imagine the morale. We might very well get tonked 5-0 again but we’re playing a team with the budget of a Championship club.

What does this all mean? It’s going to be tough but there’s always a chance in football that it’s your day. We went to Charlton and got a draw, we went to Anfield and took the lead now it’s time to get the best away win of the season with a very young side.

:OWTB1:

Just to point out that Sheffield United have been beaten only twice at home this season out of 16 league matches. The teams that beat them were Charlton (1st) and Huddersfield (4th). There have been only two teams to get a draw at Bramall Lane – Sheffield Wednesday (3rd) and Exeter (19th). The odds are that we won’t win or even get a draw but we can’t go there expecting to lose, half the battle is fought in your head. Exeter managed to travel 250 miles to grind out a thrilling 4-4 draw!

The blue army will be in force with way over a 1000 travelling fans, the atmosphere will be rocking in a fantastic stadium. The players live for games like this, there’s no way they should be dropped – imagine the morale. We might very well get tonked 5-0 again but we’re playing a team with the budget of a Championship club.

What does this all mean? It’s going to be tough but there’s always a chance in football that it’s your day. We went to Charlton and got a draw, we went to Anfield and took the lead now it’s time to get the best away win of the season with a very young side.

:OWTB1:

My view is that there is scope to rotate one or two during the month of March - we have 9 games in 28 days - so it makes sense. We also have Smith desperate to start, Reid waiting to return, Diamond available. Furman back by mid march to help with the rotation (probably just as Adeyemi returns to Norwich. And Taylor did not play last night so he will be raring to go also.

The topic raises an interesting question but I do not see the need to 'drop' players but we should be mindful of the ability to rotate the squad players.