He never looked good in the first team.

Although he did suffer Matt Smith syndrome - thrown on with 10 minutes left, replacing a better player, and being asked to magic up the winner.

I don't think he ever did.

Got an equaliser to set us up for a win v Crewe, got a late winner at Accy after being 2-0 down. Scored a late third at Vale. He was never given an extended run, but was too small and too lightweight. As for Smith though he did very well at Chesterfield, scored a goal and was a threat in the 2nd half before being withdrawn. Give the lad a run and some service and i'm no doubt he'll bag a few. In fact i'll stick my neck out and say if he was given a run in final 13 games of the season he'll score more than Kuqi has in the previous 21….

One in a long list of promising youngsters spoiled by being thrown into a :censored: losing team that saps confidence.

If talented and they have the desire and character they will progress, Ryan Burns looks to have that to me, so I hope he can come through like Tarky - who has shown those qualities in abundance.

Edited by BP1960

How many has he scored at FC United?

27 goals in 68 appearances, found his level I think. I thought he had a chance here, but never really kicked on and had niggle after niggle. A bit like Brooke, but I have to say he's never really impressed me and has done little in his loan spells to warrant a chance.

Unlike Smith who has scored 3 goals this season all away from home and scored a fair few for the reserves. The lad deserves a proper run in team.

If talented and they have the desire and character they will progress, Ryan Burns looks to have that to me, so I hope he can come through like Tarky - who has shown those qualities in abundance.

Where does/can this Burns lad play?

Have to admit we are lucky to have TP. He does a fantastic job in bringing players through. Just seems to be when they're thrown in to the first team it all goes tits up! Tarky however is, in my opinion a class act. Reminds me of Gary Cahill how he's so comfortable on the ball and loves to get forward.

...and scott spencer has now got 23 in

23 for Hyde and still aged only 23!!! Attracting some very good reviews....

BLUE SQUARE NORTH LEAGUE TOP SCORERS

Table includes league goals only

Player Goals Pens Total

Reeves (Altrincham ) 33 3 36

Spencer (Hyde FC) 20 3 23

Gayle(Bishops Stortford)17 5 22

Marsh (Stalybridge) 15 5 20

Reeves has got 36, so obviously knows where the net is, also I have seen Gayle, he's actually a right winger so 22 goals isn't bad.

Edited by BP1960

...and scott spencer has now got 23 in

23 for Hyde and still aged only 23!!! Attracting some very good reviews....

Another one who has found his level IMO.

Watched him at Stalybridge on New Years Day and he just looked okay (made his debut for the England "C" Team last week), Adam Griffin and Danny Hall still look half decent though!.

The step ups huge. I'm sure Matt smiths record would compete with the best strikers outside the football league.

Vardy could do it from Fleetwood (he also scored goals before that in a league lower than Spencer's) and is now talked of as worth over £1 million.

Edited by BP1960