We have had a vital win tonight

The absence of the doom and gloomers is striking.

Not a pretty victory , nor the best performance, but three more points and at a bogey ground.

And the new boo boy, Reece Brown, had a very good match.

I wouldn't say he's the new boo-boy - more that he has just been plain dog-:censored: since he's come in on loan!!!

By all accounts he played very well at CB last night; so yeah, fair play to him for that.

It doesn't excuse his woeful performances against Yeovil or 'Dale though IMO.

Those four game we lost.

Could easily have won all of them with a little more concentration at the back and bite in the middle.

Very fine lines in this game.

A couple of injuries. A little more composure. A tougher tackle. A header over the bar that should have gone in.

We'd be top six with games in hand on those below us ...

We're not brilliant. But we're not a million miles away from competing nearer the top of the table.

Edited by opinions4u

great win last night, stopped the rot before it turned into a real problem we dont want to be the team that drops like a brick.

Hope this shuts up the PD outers for a bit, as long as we finish a few places up from last season we have had a decent season. With the cup runs and wins over a few of the top 6 we never did that under penny.

Last night we had so many players out its unreal. Any team would struggle with that many missing.

Always said Brown looked like a central defende, lets hope he plays well for us till his loan runs out.

Fingers xed for a win saturday now

Do you mess with a central defender pairing that has by all accounts played well the game before to reinstate a young kid who is popular with the fans, been playing well of late, but slightly dodgy in his most recent game?

This is a decision that earns Dickov his corn.

Do you mess with a central defender pairing that has by all accounts played well the game before to reinstate a young kid who is popular with the fans, been playing well of late, but slightly dodgy in his most recent game?

This is a decision that earns Dickov his corn.

Someone who I know said Brown was a CB before his first game. He watches united reserve games.

Also Id like to see the stats regarding Tarky. Games won / lost when he plays to when he doesn't and goals conceded. I like him, I think he will be a good CB at this level or maybe championship in a few years, but I don't think the stats would be favourable. In fact Im pretty sure they wouldn't.

I wouldn't say he's the new boo-boy - more that he has just been plain dog-:censored: since he's come in on loan!!!

By all accounts he played very well at CB last night; so yeah, fair play to him for that.

It doesn't excuse his woeful performances against Yeovil or 'Dale though IMO.

I fully agree, he has been dog :censored:e and what fooks me off the most is that the dippers got a result at Dale.

I hope he comes good and consistant.

First clean sheet in seven; I wouldn't go changing it around.

Agreed. Tarky is still a kid - he shouldn't take it the wrong way if he's dropped. He's had a hell of a lot of pressure put on his shoulders and has managed to impress, even without playing brilliantly in the last few games.

Keep him on the bench for now, it won't be long before big Jean or Brown gets suspended/injured anyway!

Edited by bossrocks

yeah leave it as is. Tarky is a good young player but hes a baby no need for him to be a first team regular yet and he had a nightmare against Dale.

Work with him getting him to press and be quicker into the tackle and will have a very decent defender on our hands

yeah leave it as is. Tarky is a good young player but hes a baby no need for him to be a first team regular yet and he had a nightmare against Dale.

Work with him getting him to press and be quicker into the tackle and will have a very decent defender on our hands

No. Put Tarky back in. Better player than Brown.

The above sums up why I love this board... :wink: