• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would of been a very good point

The longer it went at 0-0, the more obvious it was that County would score, because we are top-notch experts at letting in late goals.

Other results for the teams below us, while not disastrous, mean we have lost a little bit more ground from the relegation places.

We are struggling to cross the finish line and not out of it yet.

Apparently Morais was fouled in the build-up today, and the referee was shocking, but the number of goals we concede in the last few minutes is embarrassing and PD needs to do something about it, like sending them out on 10 mile runs over Saddleworth Moor for every day of the summer. We're not giving much away to teams above us in football terms, but we've got to do something about the fitness.

I think someone is taking the piss now,aren't they?

The ammount of late goals this season is a shocking reflection on either fitness levels,concentration levels or tactical naievety.

Whichever it is it should have been addressed a long time ago.

Shows how poor we really are can't close games out conceded loads in the last few mins this season

I think the players are capable of matching the majority of teams in this division (especially the likes of Notts County, Stevenage, Orient, etc).

The fact we can't see games out comes down to poor fitness and management, I'm afraid.

I think the players are capable of matching the majority of teams in this division (especially the likes of Notts County, Stevenage, Orient, etc).

The fact we can't see games out comes down to poor fitness and management, I'm afraid.

Poor management???

wash yer mouth out young man!!

I think someone is taking the piss now,aren't they?

The ammount of late goals this season is a shocking reflection on either fitness levels,concentration levels or tactical naievety.

Whichever it is it should have been addressed a long time ago.

I reckon our lack of stamina accounts for poor concentration and tactical naivety. It's not that we don't know, it's that we can't do.

It's likely that we've made subs in all the games where we've conceded late, just because...it's late.

Subs can come on at any time, but the average is usually about 65 minutes, leaving plenty of time to keep the same score or for the Latics to score themselves.

It's poor management that we're not fitter. Dickov's still got an awful lot going for him. He just needs to ask the players (in the normal way that football managers ask players to do things) to put some leg work in.

It was apparently a much improved display ( that wouldn't have been difficult ) but once again we concede late on.

15 attempts for us but again no end result.

Oh to have sheehan back btw.

In my opinion, displays haven't been the issue.

It's missing lots of easy chances and not seeing games out in the final stages which are the problem.

As far as I can see, there is nothing wrong with our build-up play or, for the first 80 minutes, our defending.

Apparently Morais was fouled in the build-up today, and the referee was shocking, but the number of goals we concede in the last few minutes is embarrassing and PD needs to do something about it, like sending them out on 10 mile runs over Saddleworth Moor for every day of the summer. We're not giving much away to teams above us in football terms, but we've got to do something about the fitness.

Didn't Dave Penney try that? Wasn't that what crippled Purdie/Taylor/Jacobson? Their fitness does need working on though. With the amount of goals we concede just after HT as well i wonder whether it's more of a concentration problem.

It was apparently a much improved display ( that wouldn't have been difficult ) but once again we concede late on.

15 attempts for us but again no end result.

Oh to have sheehan back btw.

Kuqi is not a fox in the box, neither is Tounkara, Smith, Reid, Simpson, Morais, Taylor or KMB all who have all been tried up front.

It's been 2 seasons now and PD has not brought in the that kind of player, let's see if he does next season, if he doesn't expect much of the same.

This continuing malaise with not scoring goals leaves us vulnerable time after time to late goals.

In 2012 we have played 19 matches.

7 games - no goal scored

9 games - 1 goal scored

2 games - 2 goals scored

1 game - 3 goals scored

16 out of 19 games 1 goal or less scored , shockingly poor imo.

Kuqi is not a fox in the box, neither is Tounkara, Smith, Reid, Simpson, Morais, Taylor or KMB all who have all been tried up front.

It's been 2 seasons now and PD has not brought in the that kind of player, let's see if he does next season, if he doesn't expect much of the same.

If this board is anything to go by I think 'sloth in the box' may be more appropriate :wink:

Has a nice ring to it that

Because 'that kind of player' costs money. Lots of money. That's not something you can blame on Dickov.