Because 'that kind of player' costs money. Lots of money. That's not something you can blame on Dickov.

Corney basically blamed Dickov in The Cron the other day. Like he said, the speculation that he has not had any money to spend is a myth.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it all season unfortunately, we dont look as fit as the opposition.

Tarky for example has to have a liquid 'energy' shot every game at 65-70mins; shocking that an 18 year old lad cant get through 90mins on core fitness levels alone, he has to rely on energy supplements.

I do question what Paul Butler is doing. Last season and the start of this one; he had the lads doing an embarrassing 'hokey kokey' type warm up before the start of the second half......IMO it did feck all anyway; but thats been stopped now. He's actually appearing to do outright coaching now if you watch the bench during games; and its he; not PD or GT who is briefing the subs also. Strange that a fitness guru who's background is in Rugby League now appears to be coaching football tactics over focussing on his actual salaried role on match days?

We tire en mass at 65-70mins. We have all season. Physical tiredness is obviously linked to mental tiredness, and IMO its no surprise we concede late goals. This squad isnt fit enough or strong enough. Forget about the obvious playing deficiencys for 1 moment.....unless something is done different on the training ground or in the gym next season; then it'll just be more of the same.

Its right we're asking questions as it's glaringly obvious something isnt right

Plenty in non league if given a chance, Vardy being a good example when he was at Stocksbridge Park Steels, I don't include Smith as he isn't a 'fox in the box'.

Funny how other clubs have them, some with less money than Latics.

Some random clogger in non-league isn't really an example.

Dickov seems to have a fixation with wingers and going back to the Adams/Holden era, I quite like them myself, but.......FFS if you're going to play with two out and out wingers instuct them to get to the by-line as quick as possible and cross the f....ing thing!!

We have 2 or 3 players that could put the ball in the net if the service from out wide was better...FFS we have wingers in abundance at this club that couldn't cross a ball if their life depended on it!!!

Luke Beckett or even Andy Ritchie would struggle to score in this team...a fox in the box is a great weapon to have but you have to get the ball in the right areas quick enough and, sadly, we don't!!

Get Rick Holden back to coach the wingers.....he was the slowest winger I've ever seen but boy, could he get those crosses in, and, from anywhere on the pitch.

Football really is quite a simple game....keep it that way and you won't go far wrong!

It was apparently a much improved display ( that wouldn't have been difficult ) but once again we concede late on.

15 attempts for us but again no end result.

Oh to have sheehan back btw.

How many times did we work the keeper in those 15 attempts?!

Oh and hurry back Alex Cisak!

I've said it all season unfortunately, we dont look as fit as the opposition.

Tarky for example has to have a liquid 'energy' shot every game at 65-70mins; shocking that an 18 year old lad cant get through 90mins on core fitness levels alone, he has to rely on energy supplements.

I do question what Paul Butler is doing. Last season and the start of this one; he had the lads doing an embarrassing 'hokey kokey' type warm up before the start of the second half......IMO it did feck all anyway; but thats been stopped now. He's actually appearing to do outright coaching now if you watch the bench during games; and its he; not PD or GT who is briefing the subs also. Strange that a fitness guru who's background is in Rugby League now appears to be coaching football tactics over focussing on his actual salaried role on match days?

We tire en mass at 65-70mins. We have all season. Physical tiredness is obviously linked to mental tiredness, and IMO its no surprise we concede late goals. This squad isnt fit enough or strong enough. Forget about the obvious playing deficiencys for 1 moment.....unless something is done different on the training ground or in the gym next season; then it'll just be more of the same.

Its right we're asking questions as it's glaringly obvious something isnt right

One player who always looks sharp is Keiran Lee, maybe we should have him take the training ?

Plenty in non league if given a chance, Vardy being a good example when he was at Stocksbridge Park Steels, I don't include Smith as he isn't a 'fox in the box'.

In our league the only forwards who have scored more goals than Kuqi and cost nothing to buy are Beavon at Wycombe and Williams at Yeovil (both of whom have never got north of Birmingham in their careers). Williams has been in this league since 2007 had never scored more than 8 goals in a season prior to this one- not exactly prolific. Every other person who has scored more has cost money, e.g. Ched Evans who cost Sheffield United £3million or is a midfielder e.g. Johnnie Jackson at Charlton. But no there are non league bargains all over the place and that Wes Wilkinson was a cracking player.

In our league the only forwards who have scored more goals than Kuqi and cost nothing to buy are Beavon at Wycombe and Williams at Yeovil (both of whom have never got north of Birmingham in their careers). Williams has been in this league since 2007 had never scored more than 8 goals in a season prior to this one- not exactly prolific. Every other person who has scored more has cost money, e.g. Ched Evans who cost Sheffield United £3million or is a midfielder e.g. Johnnie Jackson at Charlton. But no there are non league bargains all over the place and that Wes Wilkinson was a cracking player.

How do you know that, how many non league matches have you seen in the last couple of seasons ?

There has and always will be bargains out there.

Edited by BP1960

This continuing malaise with not scoring goals leaves us vulnerable time after time to late goals.

In 2012 we have played 19 matches.

7 games - no goal scored

9 games - 1 goal scored

2 games - 2 goals scored

1 game - 3 goals scored

16 out of 19 games 1 goal or less scored , shockingly poor imo.

This is the main problem. Were doing ok defensively, our lack of goals is putting excess pressure on us to keep clean sheets.

How do you know that, how many non league matches have you seen in the last couple of seasons ?

This still doesn't back up your original point though. Because, basically, you were talking absolute nonsense.

This still doesn't back up your original point though. Because, basically, you were talking absolute nonsense.

He quoted this season only, go back in history and hundreds of goal scoring bargains will be found.

Edited by BP1960

How much did we pay for our current squad. I can tell you £70k- £50k for Furman and £20k for Cisak. We don't need to hunt non-league for the 1 gem in 10 there is there (apparently). You can get bargains in the pro league or in the leagues of Europe, players who are much less of a gamble than those who are playing in non-league.

How much did we pay for our current squad. I can tell you £70k- £50k for Furman and £20k for Cisak. We don't need to hunt non-league for the 1 gem in 10 there is there (apparently). You can get bargains in the pro league or in the leagues of Europe, players who are much less of a gamble than those who are playing in non-league.

It's all a gamble, even big money buys...ask Liverpool and Chelsea.

Edited by BP1960

I have been a S/T holder for 40 years and i am now totally & utterly pi**ed off with latics conceding last minute goals.

Have been doing it since Wolves in the cup in the early 60's when 2 up with a minute to play - and drew.

I am at my lowest ebb and even under Penny never felt this low.

Totally bloody sick of it and i am now questioning to stick the S/T next year and play golf

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting: