Question of the week - Edition 6

Has the season been a success or failure?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Has the season been a success or failure?

• Success
    • Failure

Week 6 has a gloomy outlook but could be a lot better should we pick something up sat then we have done what we need

Would you have taken at the start of the season:

A trip to anfield

JP Trophy area final

***And avioded relegation

** Although not safe yet?

Or is it seen as

Not really progressing

Going backwards

Should have gone to Wembley

Staying up because 4 poorer teams only?

Opinions and votes please lads

I personally have voted yes its been a sucess should we stay up

Edited by Stevie_J

I would have said a definite success up until this recent run of bad form. With the games in hand I was looking for us to finish above 14th which would have been a good improvement on last season when we add in the trip to anfield and nearly getting to the JPT final

Now tho we seem to have gone on another 2nd half of the season slump just like last year and there doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel - so at the minute its a bit of a meh season. Not a disaster (yet!) but not a major positive either

Given the squad we have got and its not the worst but doesn't have the depth to challenge at the top end of the table but one I think should be doing better than it currently is, I can't help feel that the last month or so has made this season one of slight underachievement. That fantastic result at Bramhall Lane could have given us a platform to not necesarrily reach the play offs but atleast kick on and climb the league and get some momentum going for next season. If we had finished in the top half I would say this season has been a success but I can't quite say it has given the way we've finished it, however if we don't go down and we shouldn't I can't call it a failure either so I'll sit on the fence with this one.

Depends if we stay up. If you'd offered survival at start of season I'd have bitten your hand off. There've been some good times this season as well. So success over failure, but ultimately disappointing nonetheless.

regardless of what the club has achieved over the course of the season (jpt, fa cup etc) the season is looking like a failure, and i have voted just so. a successful season in my eyes is one where the club as a whole is in a better position than that at where it started the season.

are we likely to be in a better league position than where we finished last year? NO

is the club in a financially better position than last year? NO

Is ground redevelopment at a more advanced stage than last year? NO

Are we in good form at the end of the season standing us in good stead for summer and the start of next season? NO

Are Attendances improved any on last year? NO

Infact I could go on, but I cant see one area of the club where we are in a stronger position. FA Cup success and an area final of the jpt is just papering over huge cracks

regardless of what the club has achieved over the course of the season (jpt, fa cup etc) the season is looking like a failure, and i have voted just so. a successful season in my eyes is one where the club as a whole is in a better position than that at where it started the season.

are we likely to be in a better league position than where we finished last year? NO

is the club in a financially better position than last year? NO

Is ground redevelopment at a more advanced stage than last year? NO

Are we in good form at the end of the season standing us in good stead for summer and the start of next season? NO

Are Attendances improved any on last year? NO

Infact I could go on, but I cant see one area of the club where we are in a stronger position. FA Cup success and an area final of the jpt is just papering over huge cracks

although your probably correct, we don't know the defintive answer to those questions. You're spot on with the rest of it though