Our fans today

Firstly, well done to those of us that went but can the planks who were singing "you're not fit where the shirt" please take a long hard look at themselves!?

And especially the individual who very loudly and clearly called Bouzanis a "f*****g Tw*t" after he made his only mistake of the game

I really struggle to understand what some of our fans expect from a squad which is clearly mid table 3rd division quality and with a young manager learning his trade. In my 40+ years following Latics I have rarely been so saddened by the attitude of our fans. I don't live close to Oldham so don't get to many home games these days but it appears the town have given up on the club and bizarrely even the fans that turn up have also given up. Very, very sad.

Edited by Ritchierich

Firstly, well done to those of us that went but can the planks who were singing "you're not fit to where the shirt" please take a long hard look at themselves!?

And especially the individual who very loudly and clearly called Bouzanis a "f*****g Tw*t" after he made his only mistake of the game

I really struggle to understand what some of our fans expect from a squad which is clearly mid table 3rd division quality and with a young manager learning his trade. In my 40+ years following Latics I have rarely been so saddened by the attitude of our fans. I don't live close to Oldham so don't get to many home games these days but it appears the town have given up on the club and bizarrely even the fans that turn up have also given up. Very, very sad.

Well said!

Many will be too pissed to realise what a prick they have been though!

Bouzanis most likely expected Tarky and Diallo to deal with it, hence him being a bit slow coming out. Didn't hear them getting any stick (apart from the penile membrane behind me who gave Diallo grief all afternoon). I wonder if the above mentioned "fan" gave Bouzanis any credit when he shot off his line twice to volley clear? Left footed clearances as well, the sign of a keeper who isn't afraid to use both feet without even thinking about it.

I totally agree with what's been said here. I'm down at Wycombe in the RAF so see more away games than home. Sime of Our "fans" were more bothered about getting drunk and slagging the team off. We have a small inexperienced squad and we need to get behind them. PD has no money to bring anyone else in hence Robbie being played out on the wing! While it is frustrating for us it must be more do for PD trying to work miracles with his hands tied.

Agree with this - its no way to instill belief in a team of youngsters. Dickov looked over to the away fans at the point that these numpties started chanting "you're not fit" - clearly not impressed. Also, can't be sure, but it felt like many of that fickle group were also the ones dancing around down the front after Simmo pulled us level.

Other than that grumble, it was a highly entertaining finish to the game - and after all thats what we're paying for - and the players showed good fighting spirit to keep plugging away under difficult circumstances. I never thought I'd feel so good after witnessing a late Latics equaliser away at Wycombe, the significance of which is mainly about keeping us in the third tier of English football for the 16th consecutive season...

Firstly, well done to those of us that went but can the planks who were singing "you're not fit where the shirt" please take a long hard look at themselves!?

I was stood among a few who sang that You're not fit to wear the shirt, it actually caused a small arguement some of the booing and comments being made towards Simpson. Reckon its just fustration myself.

I couldn't be arsed singing 'You're not fit to wear the shirt.'. However, they weren't. It was a terrible display again. We got lucky with a dubious penalty, but the feeling when it went in was unreal! All in all, the best away day I can remember!

Jesus Christ, if a :censored:ty scraped 2-2 draw away to a pisspoor Wycombe side is the best away day you can remember, then there's no hope for the club. Despite the booze flowing no doubt, the result and performance is what makes my weekend, not how much I drink. Sad, state of affairs. No wonder I can't be arsed going away any more, when a point at Wycombe is seen as a good result.

Fair play for you going to Stevenage, Brentford etc….. been there done that but best away days? Not a :censored:ing chance…..I've hated every minute in this division for the last 15 years….

Jesus Christ, if a :censored:ty scraped 2-2 draw away to a pisspoor Wycombe side is the best away day you can remember, then there's no hope for the club. Despite the booze flowing no doubt, the result and performance is what makes my weekend, not how much I drink. Sad, state of affairs. No wonder I can't be arsed going away any more, when a point at Wycombe is seen as a good result.

Fair play for you going to Stevenage, Brentford etc….. been there done that but best away days? Not a :censored:ing chance…..I've hated every minute in this division for the last 15 years….

Maybe you need a new hobby?

Maybe you need a new hobby?

+1

Individual decision whether to renew or not. Individual decision whether to even attend anymore. Its a personal choice at the end of the day........

But, there are plenty on here who are constantly posting how they've lost the buzz, sick of the club and tired of watching the side etc......

If you really feel like that, then IMO quite simply don't go anymore, and don't post about it every 5 mins on here.

#justsayinglike

That's pretty angry to be at 8.15 in the morning.

Hated every minute of it? There's been some bad times but if you hated the last minute at Bramall Lane this season, you really do need to decide why you do it.

There have been many amazing moments over the last 15 years - Gary Mac at Scunny, Gary Mac at Goodison, a fair few in the Dowie play-off season, Celebration Sunday, Lee Hughes' hat-trick at Millwall, the 4-3 win against Millwall on the 1st day of the season, 3-1 at Leeds, Furman's goal of the season against Notts County...

+1

Individual decision whether to renew or not. Individual decision whether to even attend anymore. Its a personal choice at the end of the day........

But, there are plenty on here who are constantly posting how they've lost the buzz, sick of the club and tired of watching the side etc......

If you really feel like that, then IMO quite simply don't go anymore, and don't post about it every 5 mins on here.

#justsayinglike

Couldn't agree more. My reason for renewing is I still want to go to games. When I don't want to - I'll stop.

Hated every minute of it? There's been some bad times but if you hated the last minute at Bramall Lane this season, you really do need to decide why you do it.

There have been many amazing moments over the last 15 years - Gary Mac at Scunny, Gary Mac at Goodison, a fair few in the Dowie play-off season, Celebration Sunday, Lee Hughes' hat-trick at Millwall, the 4-3 win against Millwall on the 1st day of the season, 3-1 at Leeds, Furman's goal of the season against Notts County...

.......Preston away this season also.

All those moments, games or results are what it's all about being a Latics fan. The cream that every now & again rises to the top of the bucket of the usual crap!

To say "hated every moment" is just mental. Find a new hobby and do something else with your time.

th_yawn-1.gif

Ok maybe I haven't hated EVERY minute of it, but the good days are becoming more and more sparse. I have to be honest and say I haven't really enjoyed it since we beat Swansea in February 2007. The enjoyment had started to wilt during the 2004/05 season, the tipping point was the 2-0 midweek defeat to a poor Brentford side, luckily two days later we signed Beckett and at least we had a striker for the first time in a few years. But even when we stayed up against Bradford, I did not applaud the team off, we simply should not have been in that position. A decent season under Moore followed, ok the football wasn't the most eye-catching but it was mostly effective, then for 6 months we played the best football I had seen since the glory days, then the wheels fell off!

Ok there's been the odd highlight but the state of the club and revolving door for both players and manager(s) has killed my enthusiasm. Going to games is something I simply do now. I don't want sympathy or a medal but what do I do, do I simply stop going or try to rediscover the enthusiasm I had say 10 years ago? I can cope with being crap, I missed about five or six games during the first ten years in this division and I have seen far worse Latics teams than the current team but something has simply changed, i'm bored of watching toothless teams year after year.

That and the fact we've failed to score in more than a third of our home games over the last 3 1/2 years….

Ok maybe I haven't hated EVERY minute of it, but the good days are becoming more and more sparse. I have to be honest and say I haven't really enjoyed it since we beat Swansea in February 2007. The enjoyment had started to wilt during the 2004/05 season, the tipping point was the 2-0 midweek defeat to a poor Brentford side, luckily two days later we signed Beckett and at least we had a striker for the first time in a few years. But even when we stayed up against Bradford, I did not applaud the team off, we simply should not have been in that position. A decent season under Moore followed, ok the football wasn't the most eye-catching but it was mostly effective, then for 6 months we played the best football I had seen since the glory days, then the wheels fell off!

Ok there's been the odd highlight but the state of the club and revolving door for both players and manager(s) has killed my enthusiasm. Going to games is something I simply do now. I don't want sympathy or a medal but what do I do, do I simply stop going or try to rediscover the enthusiasm I had say 10 years ago? I can cope with being crap, I missed about five or six games during the first ten years in this division and I have seen far worse Latics teams than the current team but something has simply changed, i'm bored of watching toothless teams year after year.

That and the fact we've failed to score in more than a third of our home games over the last 3 1/2 years….

For someone who's enthusiasm was killed ages ago, you certainly went to a lot of effort to put together those entertaining posts about your time supporting Latics recently.

You :censored:ing love it really, in spite of yourself.

The irony with their penalty on Saturday which led to more moaning and abuse from some of the lads at the back was that it was given away by Tonk, chasing all the way back to his own penalty area to try and win the ball back!!

Edited by Ritchierich