Lee Croft

to be released by derby at the end of the season , would be a perfect replacement for chris taylor do you not think.Already been stated that weve offered big money to keep taylor , cant we use that money to persuade him to sign??? plus he is known to dickov due to their derby days.

to be released by derby at the end of the season , would be a perfect replacement for chris taylor do you not think.Already been stated that weve offered big money to keep taylor , cant we use that money to persuade him to sign??? plus he is known to dickov due to their derby days.

Is that the same Lee Croft who sparkled here several seasons ago? or is it the Lee Croft who has been released by Derby as not cutting it?

He was good when he was here but we can't sign players on what they were like before - you say he'd be the perfect replacement for Taylor but is that based on anything that's been displayed recently?

Not entirely discounting the possibility but every season there are "we should sign so and so who was here before" threads and they are based on a rosy picture of the past. In the last couple of years we've had suggestions that we re-sign Haining and Trotman for instance. Really?!

Was he going out with someone from the club or Oldham area? Seem to remember he used to keep coming back to watch us when he went back to City.

He had a stint at Huddersfield as was rubbish and the dropped before being released from

loan I was told.

That said if he's back to somewhere near his best and can repeat the impact he had on the team then worth a trial at least...if PD rates him that is?!

Watch this space for his Latics day's side kick Kilkenny crying at BP doors again next season. Already relegated to the Bristol City bench in a struggling team who I now suspect will survive the drop. In doing so will purchase new players and drop Killer further down the line. Hence him snivelling here no doubt. Yes I'll be in the minority kicking his arse back down the M5 !

On subject Lee Croft, not done much at serveral clubs in years....so unsure

Edited by Lags

Watch this space for his Latics day's side kick Kilkenny crying at BP doors again next season. Already relegated to the Bristol City bench in a struggling team who I now suspect will survive the drop. In doing so will purchase new players and drop Killer further down the line. Hence him snivelling here no doubt. Yes I'll be in the minority kicking his arse back down the M5 !

I would happily give him a piggy back all the way from Bristol to BP , easily one of the best central midfielders to wear the shirt in the last ten years.

On another subject , Judas porter looks set to leave sheff u after falling way down the pecking order , without opening a can of worms would you take him back ?

Croft? No - injuries, lack of games & lack of form, didn't catch at Hudds on loan and not cut it at Derby......not now what he promised to become unfortunately.

Porter? - No, injuries again, plus 'the past' mean that's a non-starter for me.

Killkenny? Hell yes. In a flash. Wont happen though.

If we're going down that route; do you think we could tempt Mark Hughes away from Barnet or Alex Bruce from Leeds?

#thereareotherplayersavailablewhohaventalreadyplayedhere

I would happily give him a piggy back all the way from Bristol to BP , easily one of the best central midfielders to wear the shirt in the last ten years.

On another subject , Judas porter looks set to leave sheff u after falling way down the pecking order , without opening a can of worms would you take him back ?

He can f*ck right off

Providing he gives the club his Motherwell signing on fee to playershare!

its normally a few weeks before the seaon but what about a Scott Vernon thread. :huh:

always did a job here and scoring for (insert team in scotland - dont care!)

lets get him back....infact lets get everyone who ever played for us and never got us out of this division back!

Croft has had bucket loads of injurys in seasons past since he graced BP , but apparently he has been playing out of his skin up north this season.......

May be worth a shout........ at the right price!? IE wage ect

Oh hold on , Ive just remebered who his new chick is ...........................................

Scrap that idea, more reality TV famous not famous star getting famous with out being famous if you get me... :)

Croft has had bucket loads of injurys in seasons past since he graced BP , but apparently he has been playing out of his skin up north this season.......

May be worth a shout........ at the right price!? IE wage ect

Oh hold on , Ive just remebered who his new chick is ...........................................

Scrap that idea, more reality TV famous not famous star getting famous with out being famous if you get me... :)

Who's he throwing one up then?

Granted there are better out there; but she's hardly minging? It was more aimed at him managing to bag a decent looker - I mean, he was a cracking player for us on loan, but he was at the back of the line when they were dishing out looks all told.

Edited by slystallone