Robbie Simpson and Alex Cisak!

Robbie Simpson is our player of the season imo , but I don't think there is any chance of him being here come August.

He is a much better 'footballer' than we can afford these days & will be amazed if no-one with more money and / or prospects can't tempt him.

I don't think him being played out of position ,once again,will help one bit either .

I am hoping I am hopelessly wrong with my thoughts , he is a star.

What's the point of pre-season if you are not signing players (, Kuqi, Wes, , Simpson) up til and including the first week in September?

but quality won't come (or won't take what we're paying) until we're one of the last resorts.

plus, it took months for us to ruin Kuqi and Simpson. with a full pre-season they might have been :censored: from the start.

I'd have got rid of Kuqi who must be on a Masshoossive wage....signed Simpson on decent terms. Cisak can go for a fee....stick with Bouz or see if we can get a decent loan in.

Use excess cash to keep the decent parts of the team together.

Robbie Simpson is our player of the season imo , but I don't think there is any chance of him being here come August.

He is a much better 'footballer' than we can afford these days & will be amazed if no-one with more money and / or prospects can't tempt him.

I don't think him being played out of position ,once again,will help one bit either .

I am hoping I am hopelessly wrong with my thoughts , he is a star.

Really?

He's good don't get me wrong and I want him here next season but he's no world beater we are not talking about a 25 goal a season striker. I don't think clubs are going to be falling over themselves to sign a player who is here because he wasn't good enough at Huddersfield. He needed a run of games to get going and once we put him in his true position as a second striker he flourished no doubt but he is here in a system that fits him alot of clubs won't give him that option and he will have to fit into their team. Here he has a role which suits him I think he will be here next season.

Thing is his best position is linking the midfield and forwards, not many teams play that way. Also his strike rate is poor, not cheap wages, limited in terms of distance from his home there aren't that many clubs who would suit him and he would suit. In the interview where he said 'they' he also said 'we', besides it is impossible to read anything from that. We haven't offered him a deal yet, Dickov may not want him.

Really?

He's good don't get me wrong and I want him here next season but he's no world beater we are not talking about a 25 goal a season striker. I don't think clubs are going to be falling over themselves to sign a player who is here because he wasn't good enough at Huddersfield. He needed a run of games to get going and once we put him in his true position as a second striker he flourished no doubt but he is here in a system that fits him alot of clubs won't give him that option and he will have to fit into their team. Here he has a role which suits him I think he will be here next season.

Absolutely spot on for me!

While I think he is a decent player, I dont get the whole Robbie is the Messiah thing!

Decent performances V Liverpool and away at Chesterfield (JPT) with fantastic goals in both games........... and a tremendous performance V Chesterfield at home (hat-trick) aside, he is far from being someone I would break the bank for!

I would keep him if he wants to stay but if not, thanks and close the door!

Simpson = another player who couldn't catch until he came here…..same thing will happen if he moves on, he'll be a squad player. Even Brentford didn't play him week in week out. Believes his own hype at 26/27 another one who is already a bit of a journeyman. Has qualities, but has been mostly poor since the end of January and was awful despite his goal on Saturday. He looked downright disinterested in the first half.

I'd gladly sacrifice Simpson for a Wellens type, it's easier to mark a deep lying forward than it is a probing midfielder like a Wellens….little and large upfront and some quality in midfield. I'd be fairly pleased though if he stayed, but not too disheartened if he moved on.

Simpson = another player who couldn't catch until he came here…..same thing will happen if he moves on, he'll be a squad player. Even Brentford didn't play him week in week out. Believes his own hype at 26/27 another one who is already a bit of a journeyman. Has qualities, but has been mostly poor since the end of January and was awful despite his goal on Saturday. He looked downright disinterested in the first half.

I'd gladly sacrifice Simpson for a Wellens type, it's easier to mark a deep lying forward than it is a probing midfielder like a Wellens….little and large upfront and some quality in midfield. I'd be fairly pleased though if he stayed, but not too disheartened if he moved on.

In fairness to him, I thought he was lot better when Dickov switched him to his natural position............. he is not a winger and keeps being played as one!

Some good posts on here. Simpson is a decent lad with a brain but not a superstar, we should either offer a contract and set a deadline to sign by (for all the players we want to keep) and stick to it. Not play back up option for agents touting players about knowing we are likely to keep the option open. These signings in first couple of weeks of season are simply ones who aint got fixed up and getting desperate. It doesnt mean we cant still look at these but dont be messed about and tinkering early on. Playing him as a striker with a free role suited him why the change?

Simpson implies in last nights chron he has enjoyed it but keeping options open as said elsewhere he aint certain to catch team elsewhere. I suspect he would sign if a decent deal or not massively below other offers however will end up at Coventry thinking they have a good chance of bouncing back but its not that easy as Leeds and Notts Forrest would show. Want him to stay but because he wants to for footballing reasons.

If he goes he goes, there's plenty of fish in the sea with 1,000 professionals eager for a club, out of that lot there will be some good bargains.

For guys like Simpson and Taylor the difficulties are the same. Both guys with ability who need the ball on the deck and into feet, both guys who play at their best with runners off and around them and short, high-tempo passing.

Our issue is, we get kicked out of playing that way too easily, and after the Sheffield Wednesday game at home this year I've noticed steadily declining confidence throughout the team in their ability to win playing like that. Cue panic if we aren't in front early. Conceding too many soft goals doesn't help matters, and neither does Kuqi's inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo.