New shirt, lots of orders, won the match and the suns shining.

What do we do, close the shop today and bank holiday Monday when most people off? Have the club missed a chance to open specially to allow extra time to purchase the kit??

New shirt, lots of orders, won the match and the suns shining.

What do we do, close the shop today and bank holiday Monday when most people off? Have the club missed a chance to open specially to allow extra time to purchase the kit??

Let the staff have a Bank Holiday off, others do.

Next they will be expected to open on Sundays and Christmas Day. There is, even with the already limited opening hours ample opportunity to purchase from the Club Shop.

Apologies for the whinge but I work in the retail sector and depite what people may think is no great reward for working unsocial hours

Do we need the Sunday Trading laws relaxed for the forthcoming Olympics?

Let the staff have a Bank Holiday off, others do.

Next they will be expected to open on Sundays and Christmas Day. There is, even with the already limited opening hours ample opportunity to purchase from the Club Shop.

Apologies for the whinge but I work in the retail sector and depite what people may think is no great reward for working unsocial hours

Do we need the Sunday Trading laws relaxed for the forthcoming Olympics?

I to have worked in retail and this is more from a business point of view, I'm sure if you were running your own business the you would look to maximise trade? I'm not talking every bank holiday buying just think what with the kit launch it's a missed opportunity?

I for one fancy buying the new kit but what with me working 9-5 mon-fri I don't really want to buy from JD sports, and as we all know you go into a club shop and end up buying other stuff, in my case I'm a sucker for a mug! I think sometimes we forget that the club shop is exactly that, a shop, any how it was just a thought!

I to have worked in retail and this is more from a business point of view, I'm sure if you were running your own business the you would look to maximise trade? I'm not talking every bank holiday buying just think what with the kit launch it's a missed opportunity?

I for one fancy buying the new kit but what with me working 9-5 mon-fri I don't really want to buy from JD sports, and as we all know you go into a club shop and end up buying other stuff, in my case I'm a sucker for a mug! I think sometimes we forget that the club shop is exactly that, a shop, any how it was just a thought!

Keep floating the ideas. Just because some don't agree doesn't mean you're wrong.

My own view is the shop will gather trade from season ticket sales next week and would have been quiet if open today and tomorrow.

Where I do think they missed out was not getting the new kit on sale before the match

A half-time reveal followed by an hour's opportunity to buy in the shop, followed by a 2 day closing seems odd. Having said that, the queues in the shop were gone with 15 mins remaining anyway.

I think the team should have played in it yesterday and it should have been on sale from 9am. I'd have blown the extra cash on scratch cards.

The thing that surprises me most about the club shop opening hours is that it shuts at kick-off time every game. I imagine there's a reasonable amount of trade lost by not being open for an hour or so after the final whistle.

The thing that surprises me most about the club shop opening hours is that it shuts at kick-off time every game. I imagine there's a reasonable amount of trade lost by not being open for an hour or so after the final whistle.

It's usually open after the final whistle.

I'm sure some staff would've come in on Sunday or Monday if there was an incentive to do so. Double pay or something like that.

Latics often miss a trick when it comes to things commercial. Earlier closing hours is also a backwards move.

GET THE SHOP OPEN

well i got my new shirt but feel dirty for going in JD, i'm way too old but did appreciate the girl who works there with in lycra pants! Does anyone know if we get a lower cut of the sale for any kits sold through JD?

No idea. But you could have bought through the club shop online.

Or from JD via PlayerShare WebShop which would have earned 6% of your spend ...

http://www.spendandraise.com/xtra/shop/retailers/?search=Jd+sports&order=alpha&page=J

All well and good, but given the notorious inconsistencies in both sizes and quality of Latics shirts, you can't blame people for wanting to see, handle and try on the shirt first. Otherwise you could be making another unnecessary trip back to latique

-