05/06 Beckett

06/07 Malongo, Clarke, Glombard

07/08 Hughes

08/09 Hughes

09/10 Pav

10/11 Kelly

11/12 Reid

Last decent 17? Scott Vernon

Why, what was wrong with Hughes and Beckett?

wasn't Darren Beckford number 17? One of my favourite players, along with Craig Dudley who was also 17 (I know but I just missed the glory years)

If it wasn't for Pawel Abbot we'd of been playing League 2 Football, he scored a 3rd of our goals

Sharp, Hughes and Beckett and Pav at a push 4 decent number 9s in 14 seasons there…..

So a good number 9 for 4 of the last 7 seasons? Not bad. I'm sure most clubs at our level have something similar.

wasn't Darren Beckford number 17? One of my favourite players, along with Craig Dudley who was also 17 (I know but I just missed the glory years)

If it wasn't for Pawel Abbot we'd of been playing League 2 Football, he scored a 3rd of our goals

why we need to hang onto next seasons no.9 (this seasons no.32)

he scored 32% of our goals.

in about 3 months

Edited by HarryBosch

wasn't Darren Beckford number 17? One of my favourite players, along with Craig Dudley who was also 17

I always like the 17 shirt, Dudley was a favourite of mine and I had the replica shirt. I also liked Butcher. Feeney was a step too far though, retire it

Thought Ricky butcher was a cracking player, lost his confidence with the usual latics boo boys jumping on him. Suppose they've gotta have one a season.... Taylor the current victim.

What happened 03/04 when we had no #9?

Been racking my brains to remember why. Was that the season when we were searching and searching but found nobody???!!!

I just hope we get a really, really decent #9 next season and I don't mean promoting Kuqi!

What happened 03/04 when we had no #9?

Been racking my brains to remember why. Was that the season when we were searching and searching but found nobody???!!!

I just hope we get a really, really decent #9 next season and I don't mean promoting Kuqi!

I thought we assigned it to Dean Crowe?

i never seemed to get why everybody slagged abbott off , scored the goals that kept us up

Same reason a lot of good players get slagged off by Latics fans - he scored lots of goals, got injured, didnt score so many goals so he must be :censored:. Davies is another good example.

You can apply it to most positions too. To not get slagged off at Latics by the boo boys it is usually best to remain anonymous a la Lomax/Adeyemi etc rather than be an Eardley or Taylor, Kuqi etc who set the bar too high to begin with.

I worry for Tarky as he gets raved about but he has cost us goals, a few more and the boo boys will be on him too.

Edited by Oh Heck C-Beck