Pay on the day or.....

Mainly agree with you sir, but we won't win that argument on here!

Look, i'm being pedantic suggesting a quid to get in, however I do think the club should look at some form of membership scheme for those who can't or don't want to commit to a ST but still want to actively support the club financially.

Wildly hypothetical, but imagine we won promotion in the next season or two. Most games we would be giving all the RRE to the away side, leaving us with two stands. It's not unfeasible that you could have a situation where a decent percentage of non ST's who have been going for years suddenly can't get in.

1.) We are all Latics fans, let's not start the ST v POTD debate again. I don't think the club cares by what sort of fan it gets it's money from.

2.) If the club wants to run a membership scheme it can do, however it can't have one to get discounted entry for home games, the FA has said so. I personally can't see a membership scheme for guaranteeing of tickets for big games being all that popular, given by current reckoning we get 1 every 4 years. Especially as such a scheme won't be free.

3.) We had around 2300 ST holders last season but for some home games we struggled to get that many. Whilst I accept that not every season ticket holder turns up for every game, it's fairly obvious that the number of non ST holders that turn up to every game is not that big.

4.) The club needs both ST holders and non ST holders to stay afloat. Heck the club needs more of both.

5.) The cynic in me says this year the club are already running a membership scheme. £10 for a junior ST is cheaper than the £13 you had to pay to be a student member. OK the club has put some hoops to jump through but those are not that hard to get through. I don't know what the situation is/was with priority access to cup games but it's highly feasible that paying £10 gets you the same access as a ST holder. If you are that bothered about priority access to cup games, why not email the club and ask them.

How is it bollocks? A potd'er could miss 7 out of 23 games and still pay more?!

Because there will be very very few people who go to 16 home games a season who are not in a financial position to at least get a ST on finance.

An ST holder is paying for every game up front without any promise of success or entertainment. They are using cash that could gain interest for themselves whilst not allowing them the opportunity to pick and choose games without losing money. It's up front cash that is non refundable.

Jesus what is your point here that they shouldn't get first dabs on cup tickets? under any scheme they would and should be first.

An ST holder is paying for every game up front without any promise of success or entertainment. They are using cash that could gain interest for themselves whilst not allowing them the opportunity to pick and choose games without losing money. It's up front cash that is non refundable.

Jesus what is your point here that they shouldn't get first dabs on cup tickets? under any scheme they would and should be first.

No, of course ST holders get first priority, but should always be limited to 1 ticket per person.

Look at what West Ham are doing for their Play-off final, guaranteeing all new Season Ticket holders signing up for 2012/13 a Wembley ticket before their existing members.

No, of course ST holders get first priority, but should always be limited to 1 ticket per person.

Look at what West Ham are doing for their Play-off final, guaranteeing all new Season Ticket holders signing up for 2012/13 a Wembley ticket before their existing members.

What's the direct relevance of that? Are you saying that anything Latics have done is the same?

At Latics people are giving an incentive to buy a ST - priority for limited ticket matches, discounts in the Latique etc.I defy anyone to say that this is not appropriate.

Most of the discussion on this topic was stimulated by a comment that the Liverpool ticket allocation was "a farce". Nobody has explained why it was.

What's the direct relevance of that? Are you saying that anything Latics have done is the same?

At Latics people are giving an incentive to buy a ST - priority for limited ticket matches, discounts in the Latique etc.I defy anyone to say that this is not appropriate.

Most of the discussion on this topic was stimulated by a comment that the Liverpool ticket allocation was "a farce". Nobody has explained why it was.

The farce was the club were only interested in looking after ST holders, they basically touted the rest.

The farce was the club were only interested in looking after ST holders, they basically touted the rest.

Touting is to solicit customers in a barefaced manner. The club rightly gave the ST holders fist dibs, then it was first come first served as it is with most ticketed events. How many tickets did we get, and how many turned up to the next home game after the Anfield match? Neither the club or the season ticket holders were the problem, were they...

Plenty people queued up for their tickets. Which means everyone had the same chance to do so. I really cannot see what the club did wrong with the sale of the Liverpool tickets. They wanted as many as possible sold. If you didn't get a ticket then I am genuinely sorry you didn't especially if you're a tic who actually attends games, but if I had been in that situation I'd have got one.

Plenty people queued up for their tickets. Which means everyone had the same chance to do so. I really cannot see what the club did wrong with the sale of the Liverpool tickets. They wanted as many as possible sold. If you didn't get a ticket then I am genuinely sorry you didn't especially if you're a tic who actually attends games, but if I had been in that situation I'd have got one.

Expecting people to queue 3/4 hours in the middle of Christmas week on what for many would have been a working day isn't really my idea of the club doing all it can. With a membership scheme in place, such circumstances could be avoided. You'd have a day or even half a day set aside for members to either collect or phone up to reserve their ticket, then the remaining can go on open sale. It shouldn't matter if we only get these games coming round every few years.

We didn't sell out the Everton game.

Many predicted that we wouldn't sell 6,000+ tickets for Anfield.

We get one big game every four years or so. If we'd set up such a scheme in 2008 how many people would still be paying £25 a year to be a member of a club that had given them nothing by the start of 2011?

We didn't sell out the Everton game.

Many predicted that we wouldn't sell 6,000+ tickets for Anfield.

We get one big game every four years or so. If we'd set up such a scheme in 2008 how many people would still be paying £25 a year to be a member of a club that had given them nothing by the start of 2011?

I don't agree with the sentiments of the complainant, or at least the way in which the way they've been expressed.

There is always scope for improvement and it would make sense for the club to run a basic membership scheme for second priority after season ticket holders. It would cost almost nothing to maintain (I assume they already have the capability to run Excel spreadsheets). If nothing else it's easy money for the club.

You can't keep everyone happy, I'm sure if the scheme was run some would complain when big tickets went on sale - 'I've been to X, Y and Z but can't afford £20 for a membership on top' etc. The Liverpool situation was far from a farce but the club should acknowledgement there was scope for improvement and implement as such.

Expecting people to queue 3/4 hours in the middle of Christmas week on what for many would have been a working day isn't really my idea of the club doing all it can. With a membership scheme in place, such circumstances could be avoided. You'd have a day or even half a day set aside for members to either collect or phone up to reserve their ticket, then the remaining can go on open sale. It shouldn't matter if we only get these games coming round every few years.

You're moving the goalposts - now you're saying that the timing of queueing is wrong - which is determined by factors such as the date of the game they're selling the tickets for. Aren't season tickets membership schemes? How many scheme's do you want? What about the fans that go to a large amount of away games? Surely those who turn out to reserve matches should get a priority? How about those who are sat in the paddock when it pisses down - they're in line for a concession in my book.

Draw a line and some :censored: will moan wanting to move it again.

It's quite clear to me that by serving the fanbase as best it can, the club will always piss off a really small number and I think they're happy with that.

It didn't go from ST to open sale, it went; ST, those with vouchers, open. The vouchers came from the cup games, if you attend every game but don't have a ST you'd have got a ticket. This happened months ago, and the club can't make allowences for indie cases. Most clubs do the same.

It didn't go from ST to open sale, it went; ST, those with vouchers, open. The vouchers came from the cup games, if you attend every game but don't have a ST you'd have got a ticket. This happened months ago, and the club can't make allowences for indie cases. Most clubs do the same.

Yes, because the voucher option was really widely known about wasn't it?! Pretty sure it only came to light after someone mentioned it on here.

Rummy, think you're twisting what I'm saying somewhat. The date of the game was irrelevant, my point was that there should have been other avenues available to supporters who weren't in a position to go and queue.

As jss says, a member scheme would cost buttons to implement, easy money for the club, would provide ready made database of active fans who they can then target for other revenue streams and I actually think there would be a decent takeup on it.

Yes, because the voucher option was really widely known about wasn't it?! Pretty sure it only came to light after someone mentioned it on here.

Rummy, think you're twisting what I'm saying somewhat. The date of the game was irrelevant, my point was that there should have been other avenues available to supporters who weren't in a position to go and queue were "too lazy" to queue

As jss says, a member scheme would cost buttons to implement, easy money for the club, would provide ready made database of active fans who they can then target for other revenue streams and I actually think there would be a decent takeup on it.

FTFY

see http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37125&st=80&p=524459&hl=deyres42entry524459

I'm not saying season ticket holders should be treated better or worse than anyone else but:

You buy a season ticket knowing you will get first dibs on any cup or play-off tickets - even away tickets.

Also I don't think there are many people who go to every game that don't have a season ticket. To me that makes little sense.

As far as the sale of the liverpool tickets went, i don't think there was too much wrong with the system.

I must admit though, i wasn't really aware of the voucher option ( maybe my own ignorance ? )

You can always learn from mistakes though, if indeed there were any.

Maybe instruct fans to keep the ticket stubs from games, then those who attend regularly get second dibs?