OWTB Football Get-togethers

Beardy

Any Good?

I saw Foy drive past me on Rochdale Road, Royton about five to one so guess he was heading down there.

I was going to pop along despite a weekend fuelled with booze. That said, I spent most of this morning trying to climb a ladder to the top window of my mates terraced house - as some dumb arse. No names mentioned (myself), decided to put the catch on the front door when we got in last night. We went out the back door this morning to go for some scran and then once we'd shut the door realised what we'd done and the fact we dont have a key to get in the back door.

Awful experience with a hangover. After that and somehow managing to survive. I wasnt really in the mood for football. Especially with a hangover on par with last week.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheridans_world

Good game, me and footy68 were knackered by the end of it. Maddog did a good stint in net and played fairly well.

Cant remeber the final score it was something like 7-5 to us.

I wont be there next week, day out at the cricket. Watching England beat the West Indies....hopefully

Apologise profusely to anyone on my team. I said I was bobbins! :blush:

Being in goal was quite good - it was like sunbathing standing up, as I had little to do (and what I did have to do, I sort of.er...didn't). Although now I think I may have broken my ickle finger, and my hands stank of sweaty feet when I got in (they have been well and truly disinfected now) from wearing those gloves.

I'll be back next week, but want it written into my contract that someone will actually pass to me this time! :(

Apologise profusely to anyone on my team. I said I was bobbins! :blush:

Being in goal was quite good - it was like sunbathing standing up, as I had little to do (and what I did have to do, I sort of.er...didn't). Although now I think I may have broken my ickle finger, and my hands stank of sweaty feet when I got in (they have been well and truly disinfected now) from wearing those gloves.

I'll be back next week, but want it written into my contract that someone will actually pass to me this time! :(

I passed to ya....granted it was at a rapid speed and ya had no warning!

Guest sheridans_world

Just to let everyone know, neither Beardy or me will be at football on Sunday.

Feel free to meet at the same time and same place. Post on here if you are going, gives whoever is up for it an idea of numbers.

We'll see everyone a week on Sunday!

Cheers

S_W

Just to let everyone know, neither Beardy or me will be at football on Sunday.

Feel free to meet at the same time and same place. Post on here if you are going, gives whoever is up for it an idea of numbers.

We'll see everyone a week on Sunday!

Cheers

S_W

are you lot playing again this sunday then???(10/6/07)

let us know if you are may be up for a laff!!!

have a comp with chickers to see who's legs are whiter.

let us know ta

awbuk@ntlworld.com

or the oldham till i die forum,address is in me sig.

cheers.

are you lot playing again this sunday then???(10/6/07)

let us know if you are may be up for a laff!!!

have a comp with chickers to see who's legs are whiter.

let us know ta

awbuk@ntlworld.com

or the oldham till i die forum,address is in me sig.

cheers.

mine would win but i dont veet them mate...unlike some......

Guest sheridans_world

One O'Clock

This Sunday (17/06/07)

Clayton Playing Fields

OWTB Teen XI Vs. OWTB OAP XI

All Are Welcome.

If you can make it for an hour for a friendly kick about, please come down. This Sunday on Clayton Playing Fields.

Confirmed:

Sheridans_World

Maddog

Beardy (Maybe)

Footy68 (Plus 6)

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Just to point out, it's farthers day this Sunday... so I'll not be there and others may need to think of that before they commit...

Week after I'm in though!!

Good point, we'll see what numbers we get, its only an hour and a bit!

its a little bit regionalist this football meet, anyone thought that you believed that anyone who lives away from Oldham doesn't count!! You know some of us have to do an eight hour round trip from every home game ..... do you really think that after a four hour train journey (especially on Virgin) that I would be able to perform to my full potential ..... you guys just don't care about us exiles :mad: Anyone would think you were all ticket advisors to the club in times of play-offs :wink:

Guest sheridans_world
its a little bit regionalist this football meet, anyone thought that you believed that anyone who lives away from Oldham doesn't count!! You know some of us have to do an eight hour round trip from every home game ..... do you really think that after a four hour train journey (especially on Virgin) that I would be able to perform to my full potential ..... you guys just don't care about us exiles :mad: Anyone would think you were all ticket advisors to the club in times of play-offs :wink:

You'll have to speak to me co-co-ordinator, Beardy, in regards to this :D

'Blue Army' 6 a side team will more than likely have you a game in a few weeks if you want. There's 9 of us, but i'm sure we'd be able to pull an extra two for the day.

Can't do this Sunday myself with it being Father's day.