OWTB Football Get-togethers

Beardy

If anyone has a spare pair of legs, i will gladly take them!!!

Enjoyed that, it was a bit of fun shame we didnt have nets up and kits etc.. but it was a good laugh.

Hopefully we will do it again, and have a few more turn up.

Thanks all!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest oa_exile
If anyone has a spare pair of legs, i will gladly take them!!!

Oi ! , please post in the Swap and Trade section :grin:

Good to hear everyone had a good afternoon , sounds like you all had a laugh :lol:

Might make the effort myself for the next one.

Twinkletoes_Exile ^_^

My body hates me!!

I've not ran, or even exercised in any form, for 18 months, pushing two years, and I have two metal pins in my foot which this morning feel like the size of crowbars... but well worth it.

That pitch was a nightmare though, the light-drizzle had made it impossible to grip even in boots... no wonder Rocky was on his arse!!

Only rule change next time though, to divide the under 16's up... they had the legs on everyone, and still managed to goal hang whilst me and S_W tried in vein to keep running!

All in all, a good day, considering I had to set off at 11:30 and rely on the 24 to get me there!!

Only rule change next time though, to divide the under 16's up... they had the legs on everyone, and still managed to goal hang whilst me and S_W tried in vein to keep running!

Second that - no-one accounted for the fact that they seemed to be everywhere and it was more like 11 on our side and 20 on theirs! How funny it was to run in support of an attack then have to walk back.....

I don't know if the young lad on the right wing in the away shirt is on here - but I apologise for treading on your foot whilst you ran round me twice. It was a clumsy attempt at a challenge - if it is any consolation I'm thinking of going to Casualty to get my knee looked at as I think I've done the ligament....

I'm up for it the next time (can I play on crutches?)

fantastic game, really enjoyed it at the time but boy am i suffering now, my whole body aches and my back is killing from "that" tackle, and for anyone wondering, no he didnt fall on my tats!!! lmao, will definately be at the next one, nice to meet you all but still dont know who was who off here lol

Really sorry i didnt turn up everyone.

I was actually there for those of you who dont know me, i was playing on the pitch with nets for Royton seeing as my manager arranged a freindly at the last minute against the White Hart pub team.

I kept looking down to see what was going on when our game stopped for any reason. I should have just left our lot and come down there.

Next time i will be there, honestly.

So? Whats everyone doing next Sunday?

I'll be on my way to the Isle of Skye for 12 days so that's me out,mind i'm still sore now 2 days later (that's what you get for still thinkin' you can run around like a 23 year old when your 43 and haven't played in 20 years,answer is you can't :wink: ),but i'm certainly up for it when i get back if it's a regular thing.Might even get me half fit. :grin:

I'll be on my way to the Isle of Skye for 12 days so that's me out,mind i'm still sore now 2 days later (that's what you get for still thinkin' you can run around like a 23 year old when your 43 and haven't played in 20 years,answer is you can't :wink: ),but i'm certainly up for it when i get back if it's a regular thing.Might even get me half fit. :grin:

I'm still limping about too - but then I was the oldest player on the pitch apparently.....

I should be fit for Sunday - if we go ahead hope the weather is better than the Arctic Circle this time..

Thread returned from the brink of death (it got archived)...

Please use this thread if you're trying to co-ordinate the games... S_W talked of this Sunday (3-6-07)... if you can make it then post below and he can see how many are available.

I'm a maybe... it was originally a No, but now I may be able to make it...

Guest sheridans_world

Ok so, Interested for THIS sunday (3/6/07):

Wardle

Beardy

Ackey (Maybe)

S_W

davegtt

Maddog (She promised to stay off the vodka and sambucca...well maybe just a few)

Anyone else?

Edited by sheridans_world

I dont think I have anything on this Sunday but its a long way to travel for a game of football (but I love it that much I might) I will come along if your short on numbers hows that?

I'm coming (If I do) from Sale... had to set off at half 11 last time... can't be too bad can it...?

Guest sheridans_world
One O'Clock

This Sunday (3/06/07)

Clayton Playing Fields

OWTB Sober XI Vs. OWTB Alchoholics XI

Thats if we can get enough players. If you can make it for an hour for a friendly kick about, please come down. This Sunday on Clayton Playing Fields.

Confirmed:

Sheridans_World
Maddog
Beardy
davegtt (Maybe)
Footy68 (Plus 7)
carrabanana (Plus 10 mates?)

I will update as people confirm they are going. Edited by wardlelatic

I'm coming (If I do) from Sale... had to set off at half 11 last time... can't be too bad can it...?

Grantham (Lincoln area)

S_W an hours kick around? isnt 11 a side 90 minutes, I hear you all wore football boots last week, to me that means its serious and I take no prisoners :lol:

an on-going joke between some of my mates is that we should organise a summer football team so as a result I know something along the lines of about 11 or 12 people who'd be interested in this but they're all 16 year olds and one of them is a right beast who'd probably scare everybody away

If nobody has a problem with it then I could have a chat with a couple of them and see who fancies it

Guest sheridans_world
an on-going joke between some of my mates is that we should organise a summer football team so as a result I know something along the lines of about 11 or 12 people who'd be interested in this but they're all 16 year olds and one of them is a right beast who'd probably scare everybody away

If nobody has a problem with it then I could have a chat with a couple of them and see who fancies it

Are that Latics fans? (Just Kidding we had a Liverpool fan there last week)

Bet Beardy and a few others are bigger than this guy

Yea why not, we can play 12/13/14 aside. The pitches are a lot smaller than you think until you get on them!

Let me just check with what Beardy thinks.

Edited by sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world
Grantham (Lincoln area)

S_W an hours kick around? isnt 11 a side 90 minutes, I hear you all wore football boots last week, to me that means its serious and I take no prisoners :lol:

Yes, stay as long as you want though. Most wore boots, would be a clever idea. £19.99 from JJB.

Bet Beardy and a few others are bigger than this guy

Yea why not, we can play 12/13/14 aside. The pitches are a lot smaller than you think until you get on them!

Let me just check with what Beardy thinks.

I think one of them is a Latics fan, tis a very mixed bunch. The beasty guy supports Droylsden, there's a couple of United fans there (feel free to kick their arses), a City fan and a Palermo supporter. No idea who the rest support though

Foy is a Latics fan. :wink: You'll probably see a proper Liverpool fan if he decides to show his face. DannyLatics on here. Tells you to ring his phone just so he can hear 'Ring of Fire', or when people do actually ring him - he wont answer and spends the duration singing along and waving a scarf if he's got one too hand. :grin::lol:

Edited by Rocky_Latic