Robbie Blake

So far out of our budget you wouldnt belive it

Is he bollocks. Bet he was on £10k at Bolton in the Premier League. If he wants to play regular football 2 divisions down with a rk.egation favourite he'll know he'd be lucky to see £2k and I have no doubt he'd play for that.

That said he's :censored: and I don't want him.

Players are only out of our budget if they have championship clubs after them, if not and they want to play football they are going to have to look at taking league one wages.

These players will soon realise that they cannot demand the wages they once got. If they dont like what they are offered then they might not have jobs come August, or there agents will be calling clubs back.

it all depends on what clubs they have after them and how much they want to play football

If Bolton who are now a championship club dont think he can do a job next year at that level then its likely Blake will be in league one of he wants to carry on playing

There's an old saying if you don't ask you don't get.

However, I imagine the highest paid player at Latics next season will be 1.2k a week absolute maximum.

I suspect Kuqi and Furman (and Taylor until now) are on more than that.

• 5 weeks later...

Dave Cotterill? He'll tear this division to shreds and so will Blake. Great signings.

...................if he stays fit and they (Saunders & his backroom staff) can finally sort his head out. Pace, skill and a finish when he's in the mood & on song - but he makes Craig Davis look like a Countdown grand-master and therein has been the problem all his career to-date.

Blake will be a class apart in Leaue 1 though; i'll give you that

...................if he stays fit and they (Saunders & his backroom staff) can finally sort his head out. Pace, skill and a finish when he's in the mood & on song - but he makes Craig Davis look like a Countdown grand-master and therein has been the problem all his career to-date.

Blake will be a class apart in Leaue 1 though; i'll give you that

Although a professional footballer, Cotterill is also famous for the fact that early on his career he used to wear his left boot on his right foot and his right boot on his left foot. (from wiki)