The Haves and have nots

Much has been made, including today, of the finance side of the game.

I think it is ilustrated by figiures here in a BBC articel saying Canaries will spend just for stability.

When Norwich were in League one their annual turnover was £18m.

This years it will be £75m.

Ours is approx £3m per year.

And boy did we miss out, it is expected to exceed £1.5billion per year when the next deal kicks in. There was a turnover of £46m at the start of the Premier League.

An increase of 3,200%

Much has been made, including today, of the finance side of the game.

I think it is ilustrated by figiures here in a BBC articel saying Canaries will spend just for stability.

When Norwich were in League one their annual turnover was £18m.

This years it will be £75m.

Ours is approx £3m per year.

And boy did we miss out, it is expected to exceed £1.5billion per year when the next deal kicks in. There was a turnover of £46m at the start of the Premier League.

An increase of 3,200%

I was shocked to find out that one of the reasons why they started the Premiership, was that the big clubs were afraid of small clubs doing a Wimbledon.

• 1 month later...

I was shocked to find out that one of the reasons why they started the Premiership, was that the big clubs were afraid of small clubs doing a Wimbledon.

Mr Stott thought we were one of the big clubs. I hope it does go tits up, could happen, even out the playing field and start again.

The main reason was supposedly to help the England team, unfortunately they then allowed premier league execs onto the board of the FA and it became as close to a closed shop as it could be.

True that. It was meant to result in less games for the top players, maybe including a winter break, but the £ signs appeared. Not surprising really as it was mainly about making money.

The main reason was supposedly to help the England team, unfortunately they then allowed premier league execs onto the board of the FA and it became as close to a closed shop as it could be.

If you look at history, it was first and foremost about money. Only a couple of years before a break away was threatened by the top 10 clubs as they wanted more TV money.

If you look at history, it was first and foremost about money. Only a couple of years before a break away was threatened by the top 10 clubs as they wanted more TV money.

Thats true but they did try to justify it by saying it would strengthen the England team something which it has failed spectacularly to do.

Mr Stott thought we were one of the big clubs. I hope it does go tits up, could happen, even out the playing field and start again.

He also tried but failed to get the FL TV deal tied to the Prem. TV deal. If the FL had listened to him, the gap wouldn't be as wide as it is.