gas explosion in shaw - buckley street area

That was the general thoughts of neighbours etc in the aftermath. Had 6 kids, apparently girlfriend had left him. Only rumours though. If true, he's one selfish selfish person.

Selfish isn't an appropriate word, anyone who wants to take their own life are obviously in a state of complete despair and probably not in a fit state to think of repercussions.

Being this side of Oldham I don't know many people in Shaw so not heard anything other that internet news at work. Almost secondary at the moment anyway. This is sad anywhere in the world but when it's our own townsfolk, hits home even harder.

Thoughts are with those affected, sad day for the town and R.I.P to the nipper.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to hear of the little boy's death and the very poorly man.

I was in my back garden , about 600 metres away.

I was going in the back door when the loudest explosion I have heard happened.

Even more staggering I felt a wave of pressure hit me .......from all that distance away.

Again IF true, then selfish is the perfect word. There was kids in that house, not to mention passers by, and the neighbours n that street who could of potentially died. If someone wants to commit suicide, then do it without harming others!

Again IF true, then selfish is the perfect word. There was kids in that house, not to mention passers by, and the neighbours n that street who could of potentially died. If someone wants to commit suicide, then do it without harming others!

why not wait for the offical word before discussing that side of things? it hearsay at the moment....

whatever the case its tragic and young life has been taken too soon

why not wait for the offical word before discussing that side of things? it hearsay at the moment....

whatever the case its tragic and young life has been taken too soon

Fair enough. Hoping the mans alright too, heard his burns arnt as bad as first thought, down from 80% to around 25-30%. Good news.

Anthony Williamson or Anthony Partington was the bloke with burns, no relation to the baby who died (i know the babies aunty) sounds like he blew his own house up after an argument with his partner

I think you need to add allegedly there mate.

I work in the warehouse just 4 houses away from this. I can honestly say I've never heard anything so loud in my life, I thought my ears had burst when it happened, I thought it was a bomb! All house alarms going off. The warehouse skylights blew out, lights shattered, roof partly collapsed. Then we ran out to see the devastation, people screaming and crying.

One of the worst things I've seen

Bloody hell mate, that must have been terrifying. Hope you & your workmates are OK.

Horrible seeing all the kids' toys strewn amongst the rubble. I feel so sorry for the people whose homes have been destroyed, but of course even something as devastating as that doesn't compare to what the poor parents of the little boy must be going through. By all accounts the response has been great, hopefully all those affected will be well looked after.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18600210 Is that the warehouse at end of road? Must of been bad.

Yeah that's it. It was terrifying. Thankfully noone was hurt in our place, a big near miss with timber from the roof falling at a workstation someone had just left.

Were all going down regardless tomorrow, if we can't get our place cleared we can at least help with the road or anything.

Glad you are ok its a long haul getting the area sorted the damage structural engineers etc, My gran lives off Kershaw Street and she felt a shock wave.

Cheers. Hoping I'll get my car back too, they cordoned it off, then next thing I know Im watching it get put on the back of a lorry from the sky helicopter!

I would like to praise the emergency services who worked yesterday, not just attending the incident but also the ones who came in on their days off and the ones who were drafted in from other areas and made sure services ran smoothly.

Unfortunately I had to call out an ambulance yesterday (mid-afternoon) for my diabetic father who collapsed due to extremely low blood sugar and could not be woken without professional help.

The paramedics were fantastic and could not have been more helpful. So thanks to everybody who worked with and for the emergency services yesterday they did a brilliant job, in very difficult circumstances.

Edited by Guest

I work in the warehouse just 4 houses away from this. I can honestly say I've never heard anything so loud in my life, I thought my ears had burst when it happened, I thought it was a bomb! All house alarms going off. The warehouse skylights blew out, lights shattered, roof partly collapsed. Then we ran out to see the devastation, people screaming and crying.

One of the worst things I've seen

Did you or a work mate do an interview on BBC or Sky news? Listened to that and sound similar.

Such tragic news and deepest thoughts go out to the family of the little boy. Hopefully the truth comes out soon!

Thoughts to those who are hurt or homes destroyed too. If a bright thing can be said from this horrific incident is its good to see the town/community pulling together.

Respect to the emergency units also.

Did you or a work mate do an interview on BBC or Sky news? Listened to that and sound similar.

Such tragic news and deepest thoughts go out to the family of the little boy. Hopefully the truth comes out soon!

Thoughts to those who are hurt or homes destroyed too. If a bright thing can be said from this horrific incident is its good to see the town/community pulling together.

Respect to the emergency units also.

No I think the interview was with someone from howards which is adjacent to the exploded houses up another road opposite weavers. Unbelievably there was wood and slates at their warehouse and I'd say it's a good 100 yds.

I don't fully understand all of the circumstances. There's been talk of a dometic disturbance but has everyone seen the young girl (red hair). Now she can't work out if it's her house or not. She thinks it is and she, it appears, is nothing to do with this suicide talk.

It's all still shrouded with rumour and doubt and I don't think we should be speculating.

Terrible news about the little lad and hopefully the man is ok.

thats me in the pic in the black top on the right............. it was horrific chaps

Christ on a bike! What did your mum feed you on, baby bio? Glad your seat isn't in front of mine at BP, I'd have to sit on the row behind to see over you!

My brother in law's brother is 2 streets away, had his windows blown out, this incident has affected a wide area.

Christ on a bike! What did your mum feed you on, baby bio? Glad your seat isn't in front of mine at BP, I'd have to sit on the row behind to see over you!

My brother in law's brother is 2 streets away, had his windows blown out, this incident has affected a wide area.

Ha yea to tall :S i put a family up that live on Oak street now the BBC want to film me and the family :S