gas explosion in shaw - buckley street area

The worst thing of all is it seems that little Jamie was simply an innocent neighbour, life is so unfair.

Possible developments?

http://menmedia.co.u...ed-deliberately

I canot begin to imagine what the mother of little Jamie must be going throuigh, there will be many emotions in the coming days, weeks and months that is for sure. It is horrific to think that she just went to peg the washing out.

Heartbreaking, truly heart breaking. I cannot being to get me head round how it must feel.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing of all is it seems that little Jamie was simply an innocent neighbour, life is so unfair.

Possible developments?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1582026_shaw-explosion-was-gas-blast-which-killed-2-year-old-jamie-heaton-triggered-deliberately

I've stopped reading about it Paul. The article on the BBC site reduced me to tears.

It's all just so close to home, especially with having a boy of a similar age who is at home with his mum on certain days of the week.

Makes you realise just how fragile life really is :-(

Although I haven't lived in the area for over 40 years, this awful news has rocked me to the core. It is less than 2 miles from where I lived. Immense respect to those in the neighbourhood that are helping in any way possible and, of course, to the emergency services. Well done to qwerty for his act of kindness.

No words will ever comfort the parents of little Jamie. They must be devastated. God bless the soul of that little innocent.

My thoughts are with you all. May your futures never have to suffer such pain and anguish again.

Waiting for news of any clear up operation thats getting underway, that i can be of any help with. Im off work all week so would be more than willing to lend a hand

I think this post needs highlighting

Good on you phil

Edited by singe

I think this post needs highlighting

Good on you phil

not at all, its my local community and I have a week off with no plans. I would expect anyone in my position to do the same. Seriously looking into getting a charity game on for this weekend If it can be organised intime

I've only caught the headlines of this having been away at a family event - I hope that all on here and their loved ones are well or are at least getting by as well as could be hoped.

I would advise after the immediate emergency is down that we don't leap to conclusions - my relatives and others in N Ireland were trying to piece the story together, we just don't know. Better to deal with the here and now and let that side take care of itself. Respect to the people who have stepped up to help.

Sadly I have just had my breath taken away with sickening pictures on ITV news. My heart goes out to my friend Geoff originally from Royton and his family seen with flowers passing through cordon. Geoff is a life long latics fan and as nice a bloke as you could ever wish to meet. I travelled thousands of miles watching latics with Geoff, Robert (Penhryn), Mark, Trevor, Keith, Doreen, and many supporters will know him, from years of standing under the clock in 70s, and the old Radclyffe Arms back in the day, to see him on TV in such circumstances so very very sad.

To think it might be criminal truly horrid. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

Oh my god, I have just seen this on tv in the states where I now live, my heart goes out to my old friend Geoff, he must be devastated. I am so sorry Geoff.

RIP little one my thought an prayers are with him and his family at this time.