Morais signs for...

Wellens and porter are money grabbers and you can't say anything elsd. We offered kilkenny a deal a good one and he left for money. Morais as done the same and decided to go somewhere else for more money

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wellens and porter are money grabbers and you can't say anything elsd. We offered kilkenny a deal a good one and he left for money. Morais as done the same and decided to go somewhere else for more money

Wellens and Kilkenny(who was not our player) where both playing championship football within 1 season and yes probably earned more money at their new clubs in the process - makes them sensible not money grabbers

Porter went for the signing on fee and is first class :censored: house after the promise he made to SC

maybe they thought about staying for less money but just thought maybe the manager at the time couldnt get the job done - guess we had the last laugh??????

like any job if the money is not right and does not match your expectations then you move on for more

are Lee, Taylor, Kuqi all money grabbers ?

Wellens signed for doncaster (who was in our league at the time) for money and got offered a reasonable offer and decided he wanted more money. I think you are one of a few fans who believe wellens did not go for money. Kilkenny was the same but I said some extent because leeds are a big club. Lee taylor are not money grabbing because they went to championship clubs which they both want maybe they won't get with us. Kuqi is a different story because he is old and he needs first team football which we can not guarntee. To your point dec of course he is why would he move from a place were he was settled, guarnteed first team football to place like pne were it is not guarnteed and he will be getting paid more for the same level as us.

Just how do we know he's been offered more money exactly?

We don't but its a fairly educated guess I don't think he was unhappy here in football terms he played regularly I don't remember him falling out with Dickov, and going to Preston rules out the geographical reasons. Footballers will go primarily for who offers them the best money, thats not to say they are motivated purely by money their are other factors, but it will be the single biggest. Would he have gone had he been offered less money?

Wellens signed for doncaster (who was in our league at the time) for money and got offered a reasonable offer and decided he wanted more money. I think you are one of a few fans who believe wellens did not go for money. Kilkenny was the same but I said some extent because leeds are a big club. Lee taylor are not money grabbing because they went to championship clubs which they both want maybe they won't get with us. Kuqi is a different story because he is old and he needs first team football which we can not guarntee. To your point dec of course he is why would he move from a place were he was settled, guarnteed first team football to place like pne were it is not guarnteed and he will be getting paid more for the same level as us.

Do you blame them for being "money grabbing" though I would do the same to a large extent.

From unverified sources Kilkenny was offered £2k a week by Latics. He went to Leeds for £7k.

For the sake of half a million quid every couple of years what would you have done?

different league to the Morais scenario tho

Brad, i'm not saying he isn't money grabbing, i'm just saying I don't have a problem with it.

If you played for a League One club that you didn't owe anything to, you hadn't been a permanent starter in the team all season and somebody offered you more money to come to their club, you would take it, surely? I know would!

i disagree.

That's fine. You're entitled to. Although if you're disagreeing about £50k being enough to make most change employers you're wrong.

As for doubling your money movi g to Preston from Latics? Well their income is certainly more than double that of Latics and I'd hazard a guess that their released list were all earning well above double the wage of a typical first team player at Latics.

even though we are all pickin numbers out of the air here.

Estimates at best, I agree. But the principle still applies.

If you can get paid more money for doing the same job you'd take it.

Middle management £30k to £40k with similar responsibilities. Most would do it if the travel didn't snooker them.

Even if Phil Morris has only gone for an extra £200 a week that's still an extra £10k a year. I struggle to criticise a man for doing the best for himself and his family.

Edited by opinions4u

Wellens signed for doncaster (who was in our league at the time) for money and got offered a reasonable offer and decided he wanted more money. I think you are one of a few fans who believe wellens did not go for money.

Have you forgiven him for leaving Blackpool for us then?

out of interest....those of you who aren't even slightly miffed with Morais leaving for a bit more money....has there ever been an occasion when a player has left for more money and it has annoyed you?

Porter is the only one, because he cost the club alot of money

anybody else is fair game

for those who get pissed off every time someone goes for more money, good luck supporting latics it will happen a lot

i notice people only get pissed off when our best players go, not when we release players....its a 2 way street

Porter is the only one, because he cost the club alot of money

anybody else is fair game

for those who get pissed off every time someone goes for more money, good luck supporting latics it will happen a lot

i notice people only get pissed off when our best players go, not when we release players....its a 2 way street

how about Killen?

I agree with you palmer1. We've attracted players to Latics through offering them better deals than they were on at previous clubs and can't really complain if it happens to us. Porter is the only one I feel has "done us over".

And using Wellens as an example of being shafted is ludicrously hypocritical - what did the Blackpool fans chant when we played them ? "One greedy ba....d" .