Campaign against FC United moving to Moston. Worth supporting as Latics fans?

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=245224&start=240

I can't decide myself.

Better for us as a club and for our future support not to have them on our doorstep?

It's likely they'll do an AFC Wimbledon at some point.

I don't like them.

but

I hesitate to go against anyone trying to build a ground after what we've been through.

It will be good for the area.

Another local derby in a few years and a big away following from them.

God forbid it ever needs to happen but this would offer a more local groundshare than the ones previously discussed.

Thoughts?

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=245224&start=240

I can't decide myself.

Better for us as a club and for our future support not to have them on our doorstep?

It's likely they'll do an AFC Wimbledon at some point.

I don't like them.

but

I hesitate to go against anyone trying to build a ground after what we've been through.

It will be good for the area.

Another local derby in a few years and a big away following from them.

God forbid it ever needs to happen but this would offer a more local groundshare than the ones previously discussed.

Thoughts?

Seems foolish to offer support to them. I'd worry not that they might do an AFC Wimbledon but that they might do a Wigan. The last thing we need round here is another football club.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Not in oldham.

No right to support or campaign against.

Bother about ourselves rather than supporting campaigns about other clubs from other towns / cities.

You are correct as long as people don't travel accross boundaries.... But they do. The new stadium is also very close to the towns border.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

You are correct as long as people don't travel accross boundaries.... But they do. The new stadium is also very close to the towns border.

Agreed (I am from rochdale, I've always lived in rochdale). We have no right to say where a club can move to if it is outside of the Oldham boundaries.

They're supported by a bunch of pillocks who wouldn't step foot in OT whether the Glazer's were there or not. It's basically attention seeking, trying to show how superior they are as supporters. Ironically all the people I know who support them are plastics, only turning up for the big games.

In conclusion, I hope this new ground never happens and they rot into non-existence.

What was the FC United stance to Failsworth? I'm not sure but if it was agnostic then we are probably right to follow that path.

Then again there aren't many FC United fans where I am. Now if Farnboro decide to upsticks I have a problem ;)

As a football club, good luck to them - I mean, every club has prick supporters and I'd like to think that I don't judge clubs' fortunes by its clientèle. But as a club, I reckon that FC have tried to operate a football club as close to the utopian blue print as they possibly can, being owned by their fans. There are and will be problems, of course there are - I don't think anybody will deny that, and unfortunately there are going to be some noses out of joint, although their Moston ground will boast new facilities for its community just like any other club trying to gain permission to improve a site.

Clearly their connection with MUFC has attracted a lot of heat, and those who 'dislike' MUFC will instantly 'dislike' FC - but if anyone thinks playing Burscough on a Tuesday in Feb and watching it for £8 is glory days well - they are on another planet, it's really anything but.