MK Dons match - reasons for optimism

After seeing them on Saturday and us on Monday I'd say that a point is certainly within our reach. As long as we start at a high tempo and keep pressuring them I reckon we could make it an even game. I don't think that lack of squad depth will be an issue for either side this early on in the season, both teams have decent starting XI's which should make it a good battle. I could see them being average for the early stages of the season, growing stronger as the year goes on and eventually getting promotion (unfortunately), but I could easily see us catching them cold on Saturday.

"I went to Oldham's game on Monday and thought they looked one of the strongest Oldham teams I've seen for a long time.

"This is not going to be a game where we can turn up and just walk through it. We're going to have to put our all into it - if we don't we're going to fall short."

Karl Robinson

Edited by jimsleftfoot

If we're looking for general optimism...

vs Sheff Utd (August 2011)

Cisak, Lee, Black, M'Voto, Diamond, Winchester, Furman, Lund, Taylor (Chris), Reid, Smith (Subs: Gerrard, Mellor, Broooke, Millar, Parker)

Possible vs MKDons (August 2012)

Cisak,Byrne,Grounds, M'Voto, Tarkowski, Croft, Furman, Wesolowski, Montano, Simpson, Slew (Subs: Bouzanis, Taylor (Dan), Hughes, Winchester, M'Chanagama )

Of course, tomorrow's line up may be different in a variety of ways but I would say that our first XI and our bench is stronger than 12 months ago.

"I went to Oldham's game on Monday and thought they looked one of the strongest Oldham teams I've seen for a long time.

"This is not going to be a game where we can turn up and just walk through it. We're going to have to put our all into it - if we don't we're going to fall short."

Karl Robinson

Robinson's a kn0b

He's trying some sort of amateur psychology. Love remembering his face and demeanour when we beat them at home last season

One to love to hate

If we can keep them to 2 goals we will win... ;-) Plus send Dickov to stand at half time and let it be a time of quiet contemplation as his team talks dont work 2nd half.

2-3 to us.... Slew, Asprilla and Simpson.

Is that faustino aaspriila? Him of the back flip goal celebration?