Tarky

I think there's a difference between openly booing a player and discussing his short-comings on a messageboard. I would rather people sound off on here than crucify the lad during the match. Discussion on here etc.. is fine. Sending the lad abusive tweets is not. Tarky at the end of the day is a relatively inexperienced centre-half and he's still a teenager. BUT He has to learn from his mistakes, at the moment they are the same week in week out and he may benefit from being taken out of the firing line to refocus. Abusing a 19 year old kid is not the way forward an arm around the shoulder, reassurance and possibly a loan spell somewhere is.

I am fine with people voicing their opinions on here - that's what such boards are for. What I really object to is the abuse that some people give to players during matches and directly on things like Twitter before claiming that they're entitled to do it and they are supporters of the club. There isn't any justification for it and it will never have a positive effect on the club or the player's performance. I sometimes think that it must be downright awful to play for us at times because of some of the tools in the stand.

Edited by Twisbrogan

The art of good management. Giving a player a chance. And knowing when to take him out of the limelight.

Tarky's getting a disproportionate amount of blame for the team's failings. The manager could help him out a bit.

We are seeing the "weakest link" and are within our rights to question the prudence of not replacing that link.

But you are right in questioning the manager in dealing with this situation.

I am fine with people voicing their opinions on here - that's what such boards are for. What I really object to is the abuse that some people give to players during matches and directly on things like Twitter before claiming that they're entitled to do it and they are supporters of the club. There isn't any justification for it and it will never have a positive effect on the club or the player's performance. I sometimes think that it must be downright awful to play for us at times because of some of the tools i the stand.

Well said......my criticism is said to my immediate neighbours wherever I am sat. I don't go running to the pitchside shouting and neither do I have a twitter account. This and the Oldham comical are my sound boards.

Was either goal his fault, he was arguing for the second and maybe could have got back in time. Key word being maybe, Powell is one of the quickest players in the league and if I remember right M'Voto wasn't close to him by the end of the move. First goal was Simmo's man he's admitted as much, both goals were team efforts or lack of. He wasn't great but was by no means the worse player on the pitch, they played two strikers who barley got a sniff I'd say that means he did something right. He also kept Madine out on Monday, and was bullied by O'Grady something we hope he'll learn from. He was good in pre-season and will improve, I agree he shouldn't in an ideal world be first choice but the stick he is getting is unfair.

Was either goal his fault, he was arguing for the second and maybe could have got back in time. Key word being maybe, Powell is one of the quickest players in the league and if I remember right M'Voto wasn't close to him by the end of the move. First goal was Simmo's man he's admitted as much, both goals were team efforts or lack of. He wasn't great but was by no means the worse player on the pitch, they played two strikers who barley got a sniff I'd say that means he did something right. He also kept Madine out on Monday, and was bullied by O'Grady something we hope he'll learn from. He was good in pre-season and will improve, I agree he shouldn't in an ideal world be first choice but the stick he is getting is unfair.

Madine was unfit and carrying an injury hence his early substitution.

M'voto did what Tarky didn't do and that was to get back in defence once their GK had claimed the ball. One worked for the team and one let his team down.

Have we got anyone to replace him if he doesn't play.

It's the key isn't it?

Common theory is that Cliff Byrne's a centre half and we've got the young lad from Sheffield United to slot in at right back.

The only problem with the is that Cliff is a right ack who mucks in at centre back. And the Twitter fiend is a kid with less first team experience than Tarky.

Postman Matt can update us on Tom Taiwo perhaps.

Koumas is just the sort of old head we need and one that can put his foot on the ball and run a game - but he won't play for brass buttons. Could've done with that 10k from playershare that was handed over in June might not have made all that much difference but would have at least made a dent

-

So, we're all agreed that Simpson was the one at fault for their first and, for the second, that Tarky had followed his managers instructions to go up for a set piece which he wouldn't have got back from anyway whether he squared up to Kay or not?

Latics player in abuse from own fans based largely on stuff that didn't actually happen SHOCKER!