Tarky

He needs to be dropped. He was at fault for their 2nd goal because he was to busy arguing with Antony Kay after our free-kick leaving the defence exposed and that's how they scored. He always wants to play the long ball when it is not on. Bring brown into right back and cliff byrne centre back

brown did nowt wrong, i know PD wants byrne in as experience but he aint a RB, solid enough but on the right its just croft and nowt else.

Brown is rapid and having him at RB will add an extra threat to croft for teams thereby giving him more space to do damage if brown is dragging players with him as Lee did last season.

Still need another couple of players on loan, another CM and a striker if smith isnt at least going to get a few starts to judge him.

Furman is all sideways and him and Wes are not attacking in respect of creating play - they both sit deep and bomb on at the final moment but neither instigate play/take the ball forward - Mellor does this to an extent.

After 2 performances........it's deserved.......shocking today......I can't think of one half decent aspect of his game.

Really? After 2 performances? Really?

It's the first game of the season, away from home, against a lot of people's favourite for automatic promotion. Lets have a bit of perspective and wait a bit before picking a scapegoat eh?

Edited by JonesyOAFC

It's the first game of the season, away from home, against a lot of people's favourite for automatic promotion. Lets have a bit of perspective and wait a bit before picking a scapegoat eh?

Stop talking sense. We must have a whipping boy who came through our youth team! Two performances is more than enough to say someone needs dropping after he didn't do much wrong against Sheff Wed!

:petesake:

Yes, after 2 performances.........I have witnessed 2 abject performances from a young defender who we can't afford to carry.

Are you seriously saying he should be left in.......and for how long?

He was poor at the end of last season with his positioning......think of the mauling he got last season by Sheff. W. and nothing I've seen so far can be described as an improvement in any area of his game.

The lad is a long way off the finished article IMO. Time for a return to reserve football to build his confidence up again.

Stop talking sense. We must have a whipping boy who came through our youth team! Two performances is more than enough to say someone needs dropping after he didn't do much wrong against Sheff Wed!

Bluddy hell.......RobOAFC and JonesyOAFC.....Oldham's answer to the Chuckle Brothers.

He did a lot wrong against Sheff. W. on Monday

Edited by mikejh45

Bluddy hell.......RobOAFC and JonesyOAFC.....Oldham's answer to the Chuckle Brothers.

He did a lot wrong against Sheff. W. on Monday

Did he? Must of been a crime to have Madine in his pocket while he was on? He might of been at fault for one Wednesday goal.

Yes, after 2 performances.........I have witnessed 2 abject performances from a young defender who we can't afford to carry.

Are you seriously saying he should be left in.......and for how long?

He was poor at the end of last season with his positioning......think of the mauling he got last season by Sheff. W. and nothing I've seen so far can be described as an improvement in any area of his game.

The lad is a long way off the finished article IMO. Time for a return to reserve football to build his confidence up again.

How will he become the finished article in playing reserve football? The only way he'll become finished article is by playing first team football. Loan him out? And replace him with who? A prem club's kid? People moan we should play our kids instead of another teams kids but when we do moan about it.

He's a league one defender who's young. How about we see how he does against club's who will most likely be mid-table where we'll probably end up? Not exactly good to say drop him after two games, both being against teams who have Championship quality players in their team.

It's not just 2 games though is it, it's the back end of last season aswell!

Yes it is.

We are 2 games in, he is a young lad and will make mistakes.

Should everyone who makes a mistake and we concede a goal be dropped? Who's fault was the first?

How many mistakes did Reuben Hazell make? He was a decent league 1 defender.

Give the lads a chance and get behind the team FFS!

Reuben was experienced and got a lot of flak during his time and deservedly so.

Just because Tarky is a homegrown doesn't mean he's above criticism and when he is at fault, I will say so and not jam over the situation.

Anyway Madine on Monday was seriously unfit and carrying an injury so that argument falls flat straight away.

I'm amazed that you can't see a problem and are prepared to risk losing points.

I didn't go today so I'll leave a clear judgement until I see the goals but I think the frustration with him at the moment is down to the fact that we have conceeded a lot of goals from him not picking up his marker.

Although saying sending him an abusive Tweet on Twitter is not going to do anyone any good

Reuben was experienced and got a lot of flak during his time and deservedly so.

Just because Tarky is a homegrown doesn't mean he's above criticism and when he is at fault, I will say so and not jam over the situation.

Anyway Madine on Monday was seriously unfit and carrying an injury so that argument falls flat straight away.

I'm amazed that you can't see a problem and are prepared to risk losing points.

Those two performances were against a Championship side and a team who'll probably be there next season. Thats see how he performs against Walsall (probably finish lower than us) and Stevenage (probably finish around the same in mid-table or perhaps a few places higher).

There is a problem in that we concede soft goals. Whats your solution to this? Drop Tarky and replace him with who?

Dont think we should be relying on Tarky so early in his career - he is not a bad player but would love to have a bit of experience next to Mvoto. I was under the impression Byrne was a CB but I hear he is actually a RB so if this is true i doubt he will be moving to the centre.

Byrne's certainly played at CB in the past, if Dickov brought him in solely to be a RB then he's messed up, having potentially 3 RB's (Byrne, Brown and Winchester) competing for one spot and only 2 CB's (Mvoto and Tarky) "competing" for 2 spots would be a very poor move on his part.

There is a misconception on here that keeping a poorly performing player in the team will inevitably, eventually change for the better. We've had plenty of players who have been victim of boo-boys in the crowd but because they weren't homegrown must mean they are fair game and must be dropped.

Think of the following:

Kuqi in the second half of last season.

Seb Hines.....admittedly a young, poor defender but nobody thought to come on here to say he was inexperienced, give him a chance to play through it etc.