Opinions on tonight?

Felt like a hangover from last season though I don't feel as much affinity with this season's side for some reason.

Thought we did enough to win the game and but for Furman's mistake, we would have. I also thought Tarky did ok today. Not spectacular but solid. Certainly seems like he's been elected whipping boy though - after Furman's cock up, a few fans around me were having a go at Tarky which is bonkers.

Montano showed a few flashes of excellence and some nice footwork but drifted in and out of the game far too much. Hopefully he'll improve with more games.

Simpson I thought was off the pace tonight. His head didn't seem in it which is a worry.

Big Jean or Croft MotM for me.

He's not been the same since striking up a good understanding with the Portugese trialist, I think he may be frustrated that the understanding is not there with the other players brought in - who look nowhere near as good,.

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a Main Stand moaner! Would have won the game but for the back pass - neither team looked like scoring. Croft certainly covered some distance but does anyone remember a decent cross. Montano has promise but that is a future thing. Slew has no interest in any sort of contact and injured himself when he finally turned and hit the ball wide of the goal. Simpson was used repeatedly as a target man but as he had no support what was the point. Back 4 OK. Cisak has yet to find the form he had before his injury. M'voto had at least three clubs watching him tonight - god help us if they want him! The team has to grow a backbone and yes one injury has revealed the lack of depth. Two points thrown away. Three points on Saturday a must or this will go from bad to worse.

Even though it's very early in the season, I have to say I agree with this.

I may be only two games in, but confidence seems to be going already. Far too many back passes to Cisak when not under pressure. Far too many hoofs up the field for no reason. One passage of play summed it up for me. Croft out wide about 10 yards from the dead ball line passed it back to Byrne, who passed it across to a defender, who passed it back to Cisak, who thumped it up the pitch. What is the point of Croft trying to keep possession, only for it to go way back and be given away by a hoof ball.

We would of got 1 if their keeper didnt let it slip through him.

All ifs and buts and swings and roundabouts.

No excuses, that was awful. As soon as we scored we should of targeted that keeper with shots and crosses! Instead we stepped off the gas once again.

Only Mvoto comes out with credit tonite, the rest were either average or :censored:e. Dickov needs to sort his tactics out, grow some balls and get a plan B.

Looking at our subs, we must have the weakest squad in the league, that isnt down to money, we are still a defender, CM, winger and striker short.

Obviously we wont sign 4 players now.

People are saying its 2nd game, calm down but thats not the point, its Dickovs 3rd season and we have looked a decent team for about 5 months in total.

Isuggest we put Veet for Men on them for all the suffering.

In Joke for this in chat last night....

But here it is.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39286