Defender on loan possibility?

PLays full back or midfield according to DCFC official website

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19284986

Normally give it a go yeah, but tbh last thing we need is another kid imo. We need leadership out there…we're too quiet and the moment the opposition score heads, drop we go into our shell and panic on the ball...

Matt Chambers@Matt_chambers_

Paul Dickov said "we can't do anything" when asked about loan to cover injured James Wesolowski, who is out for minimum four weeks#oafc

If we need to call on another central midfielder, get Winchester in there. Was apparently running the midfield in the last reserve match; he's now training full-time and I've already seen him play better than some other loan signings we've had in that position.

Edited by Twisbrogan

Matt Chambers@Matt_chambers_

Paul Dickov said "we can't do anything" when asked about loan to cover injured James Wesolowski, who is out for minimum four weeks#oafc

I wonder if that's because:

1) there's no money for loan cover -very worrying

2) money is already put aside for a loan in another position - ok, so long as it's an improvement

3) SC has sadi no, because he's humming an aahing about how long PD will be around - judging the mood on here, a possibility, but very early in the season

4) something else ....

Edited by stevesidg

Please, no more loan signings. Let's give our own squad / youth players a chance. Otherwise, how on Earth are they ever supposed to develop. It's never going to happen if every time they are about to be given a chance due to injuries / suspensions we just borrow an unwanted, second rate cast off from elsewhere...

I wonder if that's because:

1) there's no money for loan cover -very worrying

2) money is already put aside for a loan in another position - ok, so long as it's an improvement

3) SC has sadi no, because he's humming an aahing about how long PD will be around - judging the mood on here, a possibility, but very early in the season

4) something else ....

I hope SC pays absolutely no notice to what's said on here, about anything really. If he does, I'd be more worried about that than I am about all other things Latics.....

Perhaps closing the cheque book and saying "develop what you've got, and do it fast" would do no harm.

Dickov seems to like the role of chief scout. Perhaps it distracts him from his coaching and management duties.

If someone (prozac!) can reacall all the singings we could evaluate.

It si asserted that PD can get quality signings in, but they seem that yet I thnk many on paper are good but turn out to be less so.

Not saying that is PD's fault, but I'd say his record is par rather than exceptional now.

Still time though, plenty of teams have a stuttering start.

Please, no more loan signings. Let's give our own squad / youth players a chance. Otherwise, how on Earth are they ever supposed to develop. It's never going to happen if every time they are about to be given a chance due to injuries / suspensions we just borrow an unwanted, second rate cast off from elsewhere...

so true. I'd rather see our younguns given a chance than an uninterested loanee....

so true. I'd rather see our younguns given a chance than an uninterested loanee....

Would be interesting to see a cost comparison of taking in young loanees from larger clubs against the cost of running a youth setup. In situations where kids are very rarely given the chance, you wonder if some clubs should just scrap their youth system completely.

I don't like this uninterested loanee line that is now becoming standard for all loans we make.

Of course it's a lottery and bad players will be brought in but a club like ours needs loan players to compete.

Arguably our most consistent performer this season started as an "uninterested" loanee as did one of our supposedly best attacking players.

Football is cut throat if the manager thinks our young players are good enough he will play them if he doesn't and he gets the chance to try and strengthen he may bring in someone on loan.

Dickov has his faults, but playing young players is not one of them...last season he gave Mellpr many games at left back and got plenty of critism and young Tarky has already been mullered on this board after just three games.