He was average at best. Wouln't have solved any of our problems by signing him.

Think you share my thoughts on young Tom.

He was very average. Just ran about a lot, but didn't affect games when he did, merely covered ground. He played his best 2 games for us at RB, at Liverpool and Huddersfield. He had to involved, couldn't merely run about a bit, he had to put in challenges and stay positionally disciplined - and he did. Those 2 games made me change my view on him from 'lower league career at best' to 'he might have a chance of Championship' but only as a RB.

Nothing against the lad & I hope he does well. I just don't see him being the answer to any of our playing issues.

If only some of our current crop had his work ethic to go with their talent. No player in a Latics shirt will ever get criticised by me if they give 100% effort every time they step over the touch line. For all his other faults pointed out on here, some if not all of which I happen to agree with, young Tom did just that. He certainly could never be accused of lack of effort...

Edited by Break The Silence