Sky Sports Website Highlights of the game vs Portsmuff

What's with the stats? 1 shot on target! We had three alone in the goalmouth scramble just before half time.

As an aside, why are shots that hit the woodwork counted as off target? One of Sky's summarisers a while ago asked the same thing and came to the conclusion that they should count as on target, because if the posts and crossbar weren't there, the nets would fall down!

What's with the stats? 1 shot on target! We had three alone in the goalmouth scramble just before half time.

As an aside, why are shots that hit the woodwork counted as off target? One of Sky's summarisers a while ago asked the same thing and came to the conclusion that they should count as on target, because if the posts and crossbar weren't there, the nets would fall down!

Of course they're off target; a shot's only on target if it's going in!

Must of had more than 1 attempt on target to earn 4 corners? Unless their keeper was saving shots going wide lol?

One is probably correct - M'Voto's header during that scramble. Everything else was going high and wide.

Btw, if anyone can remember - did we hit the crossbar during the second half? I coudn't work out what happened, nor can I remember who struck the ball. It was fired across goal but Anderson seemed to get a touch and it clipped off the crossbar. It might have been a deceptive angle.

Of course they're off target; a shot's only on target if it's going in!

So, if a shot goes in off the post, you've scored a goal with a shot off target, no?

Is the rare sight of the sun getting to people today?! Not all corners come from shots!

Must be, it's bloody hot in Brizzle today. I take your point about corners naturally, although I'm fairly certain that at least one corner came from a crack on target.

One is probably correct - M'Voto's header during that scramble. Everything else was going high and wide.

Btw, if anyone can remember - did we hit the crossbar during the second half? I coudn't work out what happened, nor can I remember who struck the ball. It was fired across goal but Anderson seemed to get a touch and it clipped off the crossbar. It might have been a deceptive angle.

I just seem to recall more than one shot heading for a spot somewhere between those white, wooden thingies.

Don't recall a shot scraping the bar though. Was it on target before Andersen got his little pinkies on it though?

I wish I'd never feckin' started this. :(

I just seem to recall more than one shot heading for a spot somewhere between those white, wooden thingies.

Don't recall a shot scraping the bar though. Was it on target before Andersen got his little pinkies on it though?

I wish I'd never feckin' started this. sad.png

I'm not really talking about the on-off target. i just wanna know cause I couldn't tell what happened. It was hit with power either at Anderson or at a Pompey player, it looked to me to have deflected off the crossbar. I'm probably wrong because no one has mentioned it.

I'm not really talking about the on-off target. i just wanna know cause I couldn't tell what happened. It was hit with power either at Anderson or at a Pompey player, it looked to me to have deflected off the crossbar. I'm probably wrong because no one has mentioned it.

Didn't it ping off Smith's head?