Gregan

Split up from missus (very, by the sounds of it) knocks off with a bird in work. Allegedly. Not really headline news stuff.

No, I agree - just thinking that there may have been some bullets that needed to be dodged if he was to return. Which he probably won't anyway.

You can all suck my purple headed womb dagger.

I was ridiculed on here when I had the "conceit" to suggest almighty Dickov was wrong for getting rid of Gregan and top scorer Pav Abbott...but Dickov was the messiah back then one-ee? How dare I criticise the our beloved new manager who was gonna lead us into the promised land!

Edited by PlayItLivo

You can all suck my purple headed womb dagger.

I was ridiculed on here when I had the "conceit" to suggest almighty Dickov was wrong for getting rid of Gregan and top scorer Pav Abbott...but Dickov was the messiah back then one-ee? How dare I criticise the our beloved new manager who was gonna lead us into the promised land!

I think it was just, or mainly, the Abbott obsession you got grief over. We got a six figure transfer for a guy who scored 5 in 25 at Charlton and who is now at a club that the lasses in the next room could pronounce better than me but who I have never heard of. Were you right?

I think it was just, or mainly, the Abbott obsession you got grief over. We got a six figure transfer for a guy who scored 5 in 25 at Charlton and who is now at a club that the lasses in the next room could pronounce better than me but who I have never heard of. Were you right?

and rarely scored from open play for us

I didn't have a problem with him being sold per se, it was more to do with the fact that like Gregan, Dickov had already decided when he took over that Abbott didn't fit in his plans, his omission during pre-season is probably what prompted Charlton to come in with their low ball offer which for our top scorer Dickov was far too keen to accept. He missed two huge chunks of the season and still netted 13 times. Like Gregan, he was never going to be given a chance by Paulie. We got Warren Feeney instead. And I took equally the same amount of flack for saying we should have kept Gregan, apparently over 3 months he went from one of the best CBs in the league to being "past it and out of shape".....or so was the consensus on here.

The majority of his goals came from open play.....but nah you're right, he's :censored: 'cause he can score penalties too.

Not bothered about what happened after he left, I'm not a revisionist, at the time he was our top scorer, scored vital goals to keep us up and was chucked on the scrap heap

I checked with one of the birds, who told me that Ruch Chorzów are a :censored: lower league Polish side. But I remembered that she wouldn't have a :censored:ing clue and checked, and it seems they are a Big Club but having a :censored:ty season, so far as I can tell

Didn't he have an alleged dalliance whilst in the employ of Oldham Athletic? Might have got my scandals mixed up.

I think he did end up doing, but that was after he'd moved to Middleton. I know it was his missus that shopped him to the cops for the drink driving though.

I checked with one of the birds, who told me that Ruch Chorzów are a :censored: lower league Polish side. But I remembered that she wouldn't have a :censored:ing clue and checked, and it seems they are a Big Club but having a :censored:ty season, so far as I can tell

Interestingly (welll, maybe not) Ruch Chorzow are being investigated by UEFA under Fair play Rules and seem to have had prize money held back, at least temporarily.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19557934

Edited by singe