Gregan

Heard an old wife's tale yesterday that he's been lined up for a prominent role on the coaching staff as/when Dickov and Taggart get the spanish archer.

Says Corney is desperate for Dickov to do well, no ultimatums given but results and performances need to improve by November.

Philliskirk is Corney's first choice as a replacement, confident he can persuade him to take it on this time.

Liquid had been consumed so could be a load of guff, doesn't seem implausible though.

Heard an old wife's tale yesterday that he's been lined up for a prominent role on the coaching staff as/when Dickov and Taggart get the spanish archer.

Says Corney is desperate for Dickov to do well, no ultimatums given but results and performances need to improve by November.

Philliskirk is Corney's first choice as a replacement, confident he can persuade him to take it on this time.

Liquid had been consumed so could be a load of guff, doesn't seem implausible though.

We are all desperate to see Dickov turn it round so surely it would be easier to promote Philliskirk to number 2 and get shut of Taggart

We are all desperate to see Dickov turn it round so surely it would be easier to promote Philliskirk to number 2 and get shut of Taggart

Think the idea is that if Philliskirk was to take the number 1 job then Gregan would be his assistant.

Corney also pretty unimpressed with what the marketing guys have come up with so far so can expect a shake up of that area shortly.

Think the idea is that if Philliskirk was to take the number 1 job then Gregan would be his assistant.

Corney also pretty unimpressed with what the marketing guys have come up with so far so can expect a shake up of that area shortly.

Why would Phillis want Greegs as his assistant?

Of Dickov's many mistakes his handling and subsequent binning of Gregan was his biggest. Ok we may have only got another year out of him and despite his occasional ability to act like a complete knob end we've lacked a leader on and off the pitch since...

We forget that our right to be 19th so far in this league this year, is down to his colossal performances in 09/10...

Of Dickov's many mistakes his handling and subsequent binning of Gregan was his biggest. Ok we may have only got another year out of him and despite his occasional ability to act like a complete knob end we've lacked a leader on and off the pitch since...

We forget that our right to be 19th so far in this league this year, is down to his colossal performances in 09/10...

I was saying this just yesterday - getting rid of your player of the season is madness no matter what the circumstances

I rated Gregan, big time. But would I want him here as manager or assistant? No way. If we need to fill those positions at some point soon, I hope it's with candidates who are better disciplined and who have more experience than Greegs.

I'm not even sure that "colossal" is praise enough. He was a 1 man team that season...

I'm not advocating his return as manager, simply pointing out the mistake in letting him leave do soon after his superb season

-

He was struggling badly with fitness though.

So while I can see the case for keeping him, especially with our wobbly defence that season, the case for releasing him and using his appearance money elsewhere was also strong.

He was struggling badly with fitness though.

So while I can see the case for keeping him, especially with our wobbly defence that season, the case for releasing him and using his appearance money elsewhere was also strong.

Allegedly.

The club kept putting his return back due to the injury he sustained early doors that season (may have even been in preseason, I can't remeber), but I spoke to him before the Leyton Orient game in the October just prior to him being released and he told me he'd been fit for weeks and the reason he wasn't getting games was nothing to do with his injury/fitness levels. He didn't explicitly come out with it but he made it failry clear that PD and in particular GT simply didn't fancy him.

Allegedly.

The club kept putting his return back due to the injury he sustained early doors that season (may have even been in preseason, I can't remeber), but I spoke to him before the Leyton Orient game in the October just prior to him being released and he told me he'd been fit for weeks and the reason he wasn't getting games was nothing to do with his injury/fitness levels. He didn't explicitly come out with it but he made it failry clear that PD and in particular GT simply didn't fancy him.

IIRC there was an issue with his weight when he was injured and he couldn't get a full 90 minutes in. Plus we had Mvoto and Hazell who IIRC were playing quite well.

I wonder if Butler didn't play a part in assigning Gregan to the scrap heap too.

Allegedly.

He didn't look as slim as he was the season before, that's for sure!