Two Female Officers Shot Dead In Tameside

Ackey

More goings on it seems, a road near the centre of Hyde has been closed off and a bomb disposal unit is in attendence.

I heard from a mate who knows a police officer that he had allegedly threatened to go postal a few months back when he was on the verge of being arrested. He rang 999 and said he would go out into the public and chuck some grenades about. The police backed off.

They were lured to the house under false pretenses and shot at from what the BBC are saying.

Terrible.

The :censored:er is probably gonna be revered as a hero inside.

A minority might but it was hardly a gun fight with special branch, entrapping two unarmed women will also not go down with a lot of them.

Some people really need to take a long hard look at themselves. Dale Cregan has been harboured to have lasted so long in the one area undetected. How can people live with themselves when now two young girls are never going to go home to their loved ones all because someone never came forward to shop him, the coward that he is. People who either gave him money, or shelter. Or turned a blind eye when they saw him. They are the ones that have to live with this too and I hope it tears away at them.

RIP girls. Manchester, so much to answer for.

Manchester, so much to answer for.

Not detracting from the sadness of this incident, but it’s at times like this, when a black cloud gathers over an area, that the media need to describe the area correctly. Up to 4:00pm yesterday, the Mottram crime scene was incorrectly described by the media, and particularly by Radio Manc, as "Hattersley", which has had more than its fair share of bad press thanks to Brady and Hindley.

Mottram and Hattersley may be parts of the administrative areas with the made-up names of Tameside and Greater Manchester, which we have discussed too many times, but they are actually in the county of Cheshire. Similarly Droylsden is in Tameside and Lancashire.

What is indisputable is that none of these places are in Manchester, as indicated wrongly by many TV picture captions of the crime scene. The only Manchester location in the Dale Cregan story is Clayton.

Not detracting from the sadness of this incident, but it’s at times like this, when a black cloud gathers over an area, that the media need to describe the area correctly. Up to 4:00pm yesterday, the Mottram crime scene was incorrectly described by the media, and particularly by Radio Manc, as "Hattersley", which has had more than its fair share of bad press thanks to Brady and Hindley.

Mottram and Hattersley may be parts of the administrative areas with the made-up names of Tameside and Greater Manchester, which we have discussed too many times, but they are actually in the county of Cheshire. Similarly Droylsden is in Tameside and Lancashire.

What is indisputable is that none of these places are in Manchester, as indicated wrongly by many TV picture captions of the crime scene. The only Manchester location in the Dale Cregan story is Clayton.

In next week's episode of Quantum Leap, written by Diego and sponsored by Marmite and Carling. The star travels back to the early 1980s in an attempt to persuade Joe Royle to become manager of his beloved Oldham.

Stop living in the past- everything connected with those crimes occurred in Greater Manchester, not Cheshire, not Lancashire, but Greater Manchester. Deal with it.

In next week's episode of Quantum Leap, written by Diego and sponsored by Marmite and Carling. The star travels back to the early 1980s in an attempt to persuade Joe Royle to become manager of his beloved Oldham.

Stop living in the past- everything connected with those crimes occurred in Greater Manchester, not Cheshire, not Lancashire, but Greater Manchester. Deal with it.

At the risk of repeating my point......In the Greater Manchester Police area yes, but not in Manchester. Manchester is a part of 'Greater Manchester'. Apart from Clayton, the crimes were not committed in Manchester (as generalised by Frankly Mr Shankly).

Is something wrong with you? Two lasses shot by some prannock and you're bothered about districts of Manchester?

The BBC initially put up a map of Eccles when reporting the story on their website yesterday. To agree with you to an extent, I think it is very important for the media to be accurate with their descriptions. We only need to look at Hillsborough to see how mud sticks and if you were, for example, trying to sell your house in that area, then good luck.

Though I would say that near Manchester would suffice as would Greater Manchester.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

At the risk of repeating my point......In the Greater Manchester Police area yes, but not in Manchester. Manchester is a part of 'Greater Manchester'. Apart from Clayton, the crimes were not committed in Manchester (as generalised by Frankly Mr Shankly).

And I was quoting Morrissey. Who himself was writing about the Moors Murderers. Who carried out some of their crimes where?

I do agree with you, the media have got a few smaller details wrong. But for you to dive in, hijack the thread about some pretty small and minor details is a little crass given the circumstances, no?

The sooner Manchester starts thinking of itself as one united city with unique and interesting areas the better for everyone. Why do you need to be divisive?

And I was quoting Morrissey. Who himself was writing about the Moors Murderers. Who carried out some of their crimes where?

I do agree with you, the media have got a few smaller details wrong. But for you to dive in, hijack the thread about some pretty small and minor details is a little crass given the circumstances, no?

The thread is correctly headed Tameside not Manchester. I used your quote to point out that it is not Manchester that has so much to answer for on this occasion, and the media should get the facts correct, particularly when a location is forever to bear the stigma of a serious crime location.

I'm not highjacking the thread at all - it has been prolonged by having to point out where other posters have misunderstood my point.

The thread is correctly headed Tameside not Manchester. I used your quote to point out that it is not Manchester that has so much to answer for on this occasion, and the media should get the facts correct, particularly when a location is forever to bear the stigma of a serious crime location.

I'm not highjacking the thread at all - it has been prolonged by having to point out where other posters have misunderstood my point.

Oh, FFS!

double-facepalm1.jpg