Crowd/Attendance moans & groans

Massively unfair to compare our crowds with Fleetwood. They are a team on the rise, new stadium and new investment. We are a team in stagnation, in the same division watching us play the same teams with often the same outcome. Throw in PD's atrocious home record and yeah, I'm amazed they are that high to be honest!

Compairing our wage bill to our crowd income, we must be punching above our weight. As Dickov has said it's up to the team to make the crowds come back.

And up him to rectify teams coming to BP as though they are playing at home, with his midfielders sitting too deep, he had to change it in the second half last night and there was a marked improvement, but we all know it will be back to the old ways from the start of the next home match with the same thing repeated.

Edited by BP1960

When Dickov first came we did have a fortress-mentality. I'm sure we went until about January undefeated at home in his first season, albeit with a few draws making up that stat. He needs to revisit that formula.

Who were the midfielders when he took over Mr Shankly and did he change them after January ? ..if so therein might be a clue.

Guest Scratch2000uk

I'm sure he's well aware of a drop in gate reciepts since they took over, Problem is, their plan didn't come off and they now are stuck with something they don't really want.

I seriously think that Dickov's management skills needs to be called into question too, It's up to him to motivate,and get the best out of, what seems on paper, a half decent squad. something is amiss, That, alongside the owners lack of ambition, investment, isn't helping matters.

To bring back the fans, we need new owners/investment or at least some hope, to change things around.

For those who haven't turned their backs, the nightmare continues.

Mainly Furman and Stephens IIRC, with wingers being Evina and Alessandra, although he also brought in Aiden White from Leeds too.

Jones.

I thought Jones and Alessandra were excellent out wide. Not show ponies, but hard workers.

Lewis had a real knack for holding up the ball, giving the midfield time to get forwards and bringing more players to our attacks. More goals from the central midfielders with him in the team, either as a striker or a wide man.

Amazes me that successive managers seemed to overlook what his game brought to the wider team.

Mainly Furman and Stephens IIRC, with wingers being Evina and Alessandra, although he also brought in Aiden White from Leeds too.

Stephens might be the answer to the clue then, he was quite attack minded whereas Wesolowski is more in the defensive mould, perhaps Baxter can do a similar job to Stephens - even though it means leaving out either Furman or Weslowlowki, particularly for home games.

Edited by BP1960

Sad to say we missed the out of form Simpson. The people round me who called for his substitution when he played were calling for PD to put him on when he didn't. There is also a suggestion from PD that he is injured, one or two knocks, and that was why he didn't start. We now have options and I hope Baxter starts in front of Wes and Furman with the goal a match Derbyshire up front. Simpson can then come on when Baxter has run out of energy with Smith an option should we (see how positive I'm being) go behind.

Jones.

I thought Jones and Alessandra were excellent out wide. Not show ponies, but hard workers.

Lewis had a real knack for holding up the ball, giving the midfield time to get forwards and bringing more players to our attacks. More goals from the central midfielders with him in the team, either as a striker or a wide man.

Amazes me that successive managers seemed to overlook what his game brought to the wider team.

We share the same views on Lewis O4U..............being honest, on what he brought to the side, i'd still have Alessandrahere at the club.

Come to think of it, Paul Black too.

We looked very set, and very organised with the Jones - Furman - Stephens - Alessandra midfield.

This new one of Montano - Furman - Wesolowski - Croft............on paper, look so much stronger. It's not clicked yet, but i think it will.

This new one of Montano - Furman - Wesolowski - Croft............on paper, look so much stronger. It's not clicked yet, but i think it will.

It has the potential to be quite special.

Reduce the errors behind and be a little more potent up front and we're not a million miles off. Given the right attitude from kick off!

We share the same views on Lewis O4U..............being honest, on what he brought to the side, i'd still have Alessandrahere at the club.

Come to think of it, Paul Black too.

We looked very set, and very organised with the Jones - Furman - Stephens - Alessandra midfield.

Alessandra had an apparently wrong attitude. When he had a serious injury he made it worse by not reporting the additional problems he was having and if he had left it much longer might have ended his career.

Just saw this on the facebook of Oldhams page.

Aaron Broome

i hope Corney has woken to the fact that under his tenure we have lost 4000 fans off our average since he took over. 2969 lower than Fleetwoods crowd last night. Tragic

What you lot think?

Average attendance 2003/4: 6,566

Average attendance 2011/12: 4,432

Average attendance 2012/13: 3,411 (half the games on a Tuesday night)

So we're not 4,000 down. Yet.

Edited by opinions4u

I seriously think that Dickov's management skills needs to be called into question too, It's up to him to motivate,and get the best out of, what seems on paper, a half decent squad. something is amiss,

Not sure the squad was half decent before the 3 recent signings. I thought it was below average, although the fact that it was below average was Dickov's fault in the 1st place!

He still has a few games to prove that he can manage this squad well enough to get them playing well and winning games.