possibility?

Barnsley set for an Italian takeover - HillCroft set to be replaced.

Keith the man to replace PD? - with our current squad there is certainly a good base of 14-15 players to work from......

i don't get all this 'no one will want the Oldham job'

That's bollocks. Ok we aint done owt for years but we are still highly thought of and regarded by those in the game with an appreciation of the past glories and traditions.

Any manager out of work, unless enjoying £million pay offs will be looking for work - that includes the 'we aint got a chance with him' people like Davies, Dowie, Brown.

People currently in jobs looking for a sideways or new challenge will also apply - i'll bet a lot of interesting names and suprise names would stick a CV in.

We presently have a very competent League one squad, certainly a top half squad with the potential for top 6.

Our squad is capable and hats off to PD for getting in who he has managed to, but it is my point and that of others that - very reluctantly - it is clear that he cannot coach them to play any form of cohesive football and does not know how to use the players to their best or who to use in fact,

The first 8 months prior to Feb 2011 were really good to watch - all the team was together, they had all the attributes as a cohesive unit - the 1-0 win at home vs Hudds was one of the most aggressive attacking committed performances i have seen in my time aside from a couple of grest games with Shez as boss.

Then the wheels came off.

Then for whatever reason in that pre-season he changed style and evidently holds back our midfielders so the only form of attack is through 4 players; 2 wingers and strikers, which is where the lack of linkage and attacking threat occurs.

Don't know why he changed his philosophy from those first 8 months but he did.

Its clear that EVERYONE on this board likes and appreciates the bloke PD is and impressively how he has cobbled together a very decent squad, but the way we are playing WITH the players we do have is just poor poor stuff.

If we had lesser players due to a poorer budget then we would be more akin to being symptathetic. But qute rightly, budget or no budget, we all pay our money and expect a certain level of product and competence by players who get paid whether they play :censored: or not.

We are simple not getting a level of football that concurs with the standard of player in the building. Not a case of us being unlucky etc; we are simply playing :censored: - only Montano Croft and Baxter genuinely look like they want to attack players, score and win the game.

They can't do it on their own and it is not going to or getting us results and that comes down to the coaching and what they're being told to do.

When i see Paul Butler giving more tactics out to the players than GT or PD put together it really begs the question what the hell is going on?

I think PD is too lax with the players as well - they don't seem urgent or bothered on the pitch when we are playing :censored: or 1-0 down and that again asks questions.

Hope you turn it around Paul, i really hope you do; but you are rightly at this stage now being criticised and you have had a reasonable level of time to put a pattern and dynamism of play into the team.

It isn't there - get it there quickly.

What's with all these posts about who is "going to replace Dickov"??? Unless I've missed something, he's still the manager and therefore doesn't need replacing!!

my post is purely hypothetical but at the same time is 'possible' given the current concerns and trends prevalent in the team.

no need to get worked up, chill your beef as they say :drinking45:

I'm sure a few didn't think Aidy Boothroyd would go to Northampton, but he did

But the difference is Hills career is on the up, whereas Boothroyds has generally gone down

And we wuld be competing with clubs 10x our budget for his signature

Edited by singe