We're going to win a game!

We were fantasic tonight a pleasure to watch. Croft, Montano and Derbyshire ran riot but Baxter was the star turn for me, Crewe couldn't get near him. we need to sign him up long term and fast IMO. Not too sure what made me go tonight, my heart ruling my head again I suppose but I'm bloody clad it did! Onwards and upwards KTF.

Made up for Dickov. I really want him to succeed with us but I thought it was too late after the Cov game. Fingers crossed we continue on an unbeaten run now and climb the table. I forecasted top 10 by mid October and hopefully Dickov proves me right.

#seasonstartshere!

Made up for Dickov. I really want him to succeed with us but I thought it was too late after the Cov game. Fingers crossed we continue on an unbeaten run now and climb the table. I forecasted top 10 by mid October and hopefully Dickov proves me right.

#seasonstartshere!

+1, you can tell it means as much to him as it does to all of us. i don't think he'll last the season but more performances like what sounded like a good win tonight please Paul and you might be here a bit longer

Let's not cream ourselves.. we were decent, deserved the win against a poor side, nothing's changed unless we win 6 on the bounce. Jim Gannon wants the job an all

Surely sarcasm?

I don't know with people on here sometimes

Edited by Schlieb

Just got back. Great performance from every player on the pitch, particularly the forwards and Wabara.

Also Tarky and Simmo looked good when they came off the bench. Tarky particularly seemed to play with a lot of confidence and won everything (bar one dodgy missed header shortly after he came on).

The other big positive for me was that we kept it up for the full 90. Admittedly Crewe were poor but when was the last time we did that?

2 disallowed goals as well for offside (I'll have to see the highlights to judge but I think one of them was onside) so could have been more than 2-0.

Bring on PNE!

Although after the first half it didn't look like it, at last we (and probably more significantly, Dickov) got the breaks tonight.

A disallowed goal against Notts County in the last minute; a moronic goal conceded against Wallsall, a disallowed goal against Scunthorpe in the last minute; an absolute fluke conceded against Notts County; hitting the post against Coventry and a lot of chances in the first half missed again tonight.....you could argue it's not a better tactical manager we need, just a luckier one. I, for one, have never doubted that Dickov has had the right idea of how the team should be playing - it just clicked tonight.

There have been some bad performances this season, but for once tonight we played good football while being effective. No change of manager will change the run of the ball, so here's hoping tonight is the catalyst for the luck to turn in our favour.

Edited by JoeP

As a Dickov in kinda guy, I'm all ears...

We played them off the park. Very good football and we played with a high intensity I haven't seen since Dickov's early days. Defence largely solid, Wes and Furman excellent in getting the ball back and then forward to feet early. Both strikers and wingers had good games. Montano in particular played a blinder. Croft and Wabara linked very well.

Sure Crewe were poor, but we made them look poor too as we just wanted it more. I think we'd have given any side in the leagure a bloody good game tonight playing like that.

Challenge is now showing it's not a false dawn but I hope tonight served as a sign to many doubters that Dickov is able to get the best out of his team.

Sure Crewe were poor, but we made them look poor too as we just wanted it more. I think we'd have given any side in the league a bloody good game tonight playing like that.

Yeah, bang on. We could and should have been out of sight at HT with the 2 disallowed goals (IMO, 1st should have stood, not sure about the second) and that sitter Baxter missed, aside from how many other chances we had. Thought it looked like it had a flukey 1-0 Crewe win written all over it, I could have cried with relief when Tarky scored. Yes, Crewe were rubbish, but we'll play plenty of other rubbish teams in this division, and they only look rubbish if you keep the ball and attack them. What chances Crewe did have (and they did put us under pressure in the last 5 mins) we defended well, and Bouzanis stayed switched on to make what saves he had to.

Sod not getting carried away,I could get hit by a bus tomorrow, I'll worry about us getting turned over by Sheff Utd when it happens. You have to enjoy the victories when you can or you might as well not bother going.

Think Tarky will only get better playing alongside an experienced pro like Cliff.

Agreed. In terms of style I see Byrne as being much more akin to what Tarky will one day be if he has a long career rather than M'voto and Tarky will only benefit from learning from Cliff.