Joint Third Best Defence In The Division

But we are also joint worst golscorers. However, a team containing the likes of Derbyshire, Montano, Baxter and Croft should start really bagging anytime soon. Heres hoping we don't choke and give theywhomustalwaysberight any more ammo. I dont even care that I cant make tuesday games, in fact Id never go to any game again if it means we could win.

#seasonstartshere

Thats a sign that whoever is coaching the Defence is doing a good job Gerry Taggart?

So far from what I've seen we have struggled to break teams down at home hopefully with the confidence that win last night gave us we will start to see us do that, also correct me if I'm wrong we haven't had a goal from a midfielder with Croft and Montano improving all the time hopefully that will change soon.

It looks very good... but:

How much luck has been involved? Pompey had chances, Scunthorpe certainly did and Bouzanis has made some outstanding saves.

We have may been lacking some in the opposition box but we've had our share in our own. We've dealt with the direct sides quite well, though.

Good luck or bad luck? I feel weve been very unlucky so far this season.

Hmm, luck. I'd say we're where we are on merit based on some dreadful performances.

We've been slightly unfortunate with a few decisions, but what if Scunthorpe has put away their chances? Bouzanis kept the score respectable in the JPT, he then made that excellent double save on Saturday.

Isn't it the keeper's job to save stuff though? That youtube clip of Gary Kelly doing just that reminded me of what the man between the sticks should do. Granted that was showreel stuff and the regulation saves aren't on there but the result is built upon the keeper keeping them out.

Hmm, luck. I'd say we're where we are on merit based on some dreadful performances.

We've been slightly unfortunate with a few decisions, but what if Scunthorpe has put away their chances? Bouzanis kept the score respectable in the JPT, he then made that excellent double save on Saturday.

Gary Player once famously said "its amazing how luckier I get the harder I practice"

At the end of the day we are where we are on merit more performances last night and the "luck" will follow.

is it coincidence we just happen to be good defensively and shocking going forward tho? i dont think so.

for me we leaked to many goals last year and to counteract this dickov is using our 2 central midfielders defensively hoping our attacking options out wide will see us thru. furman and weslowski are the main difference defensively between this season and last, but as a knock on effect we have no penitration going forward from midfield.

Crewe's pitch is 100 yds x 66 yds.

Boundary Park 110 yds x 74 yds.

Seems peculiar to have a team with such pace, a lack of height and good wingers and then have a very small pitch which would favour a bigger, stronger side.

Maybe a larger pitch suits us better.