Furman

Back to the old deep lying backwards/sideways play which we thought PD had abandoned.

IMO Furman will not or cannot adapt his game and the team will go back to it's bad old ways if it continues.

It only needs Wesoloski as a holding midfielder so Furman isn't tactically required and should be replaced by someone more attack minded.

If an offer comes in for him in January let him go.

My point exactly has he actually improved since he signed under Penney. He is overrated hopefully he has a good african cup and we sell him for a bit of money. I am fine with simpson playing in midfield for a bit he can support attack shoot and pass forward

Back to the old deep lying backwards/sideways play which we thought PD had abandoned.

IMO Furman will not or cannot adapt his game and the team will go back to it's bad old ways if it continues.

It only needs Wesoloski as a holding midfielder so Furman isn't tactically required and should be replaced by someone more attack minded.

If an offer comes in for him in January let him go.

He certainly can adapt his game.

Getting to understand why he doesn't is the question.

My point exactly has he actually improved since he signed under Penney. He is overrated hopefully he has a good african cup and we sell him for a bit of money. I am fine with simpson playing in midfield for a bit he can support attack shoot and pass forward

But unfortunately Simpson can't tackle, appears to never give more than 50% effort, if that, and spends almost all of the game on his arse trying to con free kicks out of the officials.

I know, let's go the whole hog and transfer list our Club Captain immediately, today. I mean, our squad is positively littered with full internationals so we probably won't notice the difference.

I struggle to comprehend some of the utter :censored:e I read on here some days :petesake:

Edited by Break The Silence

He certainly can adapt his game.

Getting to understand why he doesn't is the question.

or why he did against Crewe and Preston but didn't last night and before Crewe

Interesting that Furman is the only remaining non-Dickov signing and when he plays the way Penney played him we're :censored:.

If Simpson can't tackle why didn't our midfield get over run at sheffield United and Leyton Orient. Our midfield held strong against these and not just crumble like it did yesterday. Dickov shouldn't of changed the team to build it round "the african scholes" we won on saturday and we should never change a winning team

we won on saturday and we should never change a winning team

While it's reasonable to debate the rights and wrongs of team selection for a particular game, this statement is ridiculous. There is nothing wrong with changing a winning team if it makes that team even better.

If Simpson can't tackle why didn't our midfield get over run at sheffield United and Leyton Orient. Our midfield held strong against these and not just crumble like it did yesterday. Dickov shouldn't of changed the team to build it round "the african scholes" we won on saturday and we should never change a winning team

Last night's side was 'the winning team', twice, before our captain had to go away on international duty. People were purring over him after those two performances. Two international games including (IIRC) another man of the match performances, a poll on here stating of course he should be reinstated to the team and one defeat later (in which by all accounts most of the side were lacklustre) and this is spouted.

Wharraloadofrubbish.

Why do some peiple when they don't agree

But unfortunately Simpson can't tackle, appears to never give more than 50% effort, if that, and spends almost all of the game on his arse trying to con free kicks out of the officials.

I know, let's go the whole hog and transfer list our Club Captain immediately, today. I mean, our squad is positively littered with full internationals so we probably won't notice the difference.

I struggle to comprehend some of the utter :censored:e I read on here some days :petesake:

I take it everyone has to agree with what you say ?

Why do some peiple when they don't agree

I take it everyone has to agree with what you say ?

Of course not. I happen to agree with a lot of your posts, and will no doubt continue to do so. I just strongly disagree with this one. It's only my opinion. Take it or leave it. It's nothing personal.

Nobody was at the races last night take it from somebody who was actually there.

The whole middle 4 may as well have stayed at home aside from a small spell in the 1st half where several triangles were played but didn't go anywhere.

Wabara was woeful as was Byrne possibly their worst games for us, even Bouzanis was flapping.

Once Smith came on we just punted it. Carlisle were really bad. Write this one off

he shouldnt have started last night played to deep the only passes he completed last night were sideways or backwards his forward passes went staight to carlisle players or into nomans land,it was amistake to change the team,if it was in dicovs mind to do it he should have waited to see how the team were playing for at least 45 mins

Furman did make one delightful pass forward to Croft but he was part of a team that didn't appear to think it had to exert itself to win. I am a Furman fan but I also thought Simpson should have kept his place. Furman is now on the verge of playing in a major tournament for his country and although I don't doubt his commitment to Latics I'm sure this will have an impact - he will have an edge of being careful which might take the drive out of his game which we need - it might also get him injured, I hope not.

we scored once the at time ineffective Simpson went off.

Furman was outstanding against Crewe and Preston - yes his game on Tuesday moved away from the high tempo closing down style from those games BUT are people serious about getting rid of him? We didn't lose the midfield at Carlisle we made a host of defensive blunders & at time in the first have simply cut them apart through the middle until Derbyshire's injury left us resorting to Smith tactics.

we scored once the at time ineffective Simpson went off.

Furman was outstanding against Crewe and Preston - yes his game on Tuesday moved away from the high tempo closing down style from those games BUT are people serious about getting rid of him? We didn't lose the midfield at Carlisle we made a host of defensive blunders & at time in the first have simply cut them apart through the middle until Derbyshire's injury left us resorting to Smith tactics.

Oddly enough the Smith tactics was the only time in the game we actually held the ball near the Carlisle box when it was played up.... work that one out

Edited by Lags